Biased/incompetent media coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desperate for the most dramatic stantements. The media shiuld be banned for talking about reports during the call. And shouldnt crap on about what ciuld happen with such enjoyment

Frankly the tribunal should be reviewing the footage now ....

decisions should be in the next morning for night games .....

Ffs this is a billion dollar industry/league and our tribunal is like country thirds in Dimboola......

Bloody joke

Some articles ran with “Dual Brownlow medalis” which I thought was probably a bit more appropriate. Just seems like a bit of a stacks on West Coast type feeling going around..

Lol, they tried running that one yesterday or the day before but it must not have had much traction so they tried again. Article doesn't actually make sense - its argument is that rival clubs are bad for not liking each other. As we all know, the media pump up that rivalry more than anyone.

I also noticed in the sports section that the only two articles on the power game were from an interview the west did with rockliff but the articles had headlines making it sound like they were about the Eagles. Makes me think that the club has already boxed them out from interviews so the only access they are getting is press conferences. They instead have to interview opposition players.

TBH I usually don't mind Duffield, think he's one of the better journos getting around but that's a nothing article

The only point he makes that he doesn't really expand on as well as he could have is that there have been only a handful of truly great derbies. The rest is bollocks

Just on the lack of epic derbies - great games most often are played when two strong teams play well. Given that after 22 completed seasons (soon to be 23) Fremantle have only made finals 7 times and in 3 of those years (2010,2013 and 2014) the eagles missed. So there's only been 3 seasons (out of 23) when both WA clubs have been top 8 sides in the same year. No coincidence that arguably the two best derbies have come in 2 of those years (2003 and 2006)

So if you're looking for a reason that there's been so few great games consider that freo more often than not have been s**t - this will be their 13th season with less than 10 wins

Last edited:
Just on the lack of epic derbies - great games most often are played when two string teams play well. Given that after 22 completed seasons (soon to be 23) Fremantle have only made finals 7 times and in 3 of those years (2010,2013 and 2014) the eagles missed. So there's only been 3 seasons (out of 23) when both WA clubs have been top 8 sides in the same year. No coincidence that arguably the two best derbies have come in 2 of those years (2003 and 2006)

So if you're looking for a reason that there's been so few great games consider that freo more often than not have been s**t - this will be their 13th season with less than 10 wins
7b22c9703f67f4949a5bf4f682a951e8.jpeg

TBH I usually don't mind Duffield, think he's one of the better journos getting around but that's a nothing article

The only point he makes that he doesn't really expand on as well as he could have is that there have been only a handful of truly great derbies. The rest is bollocks

I don't mind him either, generally I think he's quite reasonable. I'm not impressed with his performance so far on sports talk this morning though.

Supposedly fans from both sides should be ashamed of themselves with how this Gaff issue has escalated during the week. Media are completely excused though.

I have been listening to ABC's Sportstalk call back show which has duffield on the panel. They opened with the Gaff incident and Duff delievered a spiel on how the derby is disgusting as the clubs don't respect each other. He also suggested that the AFL might enforce future derbies to be neutral games with 30k fans from each team, saying that the ferals in WA can't get along like the fans from the great Melbourne rivalries.

The good part was when the calls came in. One guy slammed the 30K as a stupid idea, another was pretty annoyed at the Media's performance and lined up Basil. It was pretty clear that joe average is not buying this stuff.

Duffield backpeddaled and admitted that it was the incident with Nic Nat and the camera man that has got the WA media's nose out of joint and that is where this culture stuff has come from. What a pathetic bunch of immature losers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been listening to ABC's Sportstalk call back show which has duffield on the panel. They opened with the Gaff incident and Duff delievered a spiel on how the derby is disgusting as the clubs don't respect each other. He also suggested that the AFL might enforce future derbies to be neutral games with 30k fans from each team, saying that the ferals in WA can't get along like the fans from the great Melbourne rivalries.

The good part was when the calls came in. One guy slammed the 30K as a stupid idea, another was pretty annoyed at the Media's performance and lined up Basil. It was pretty clear that joe average is not buying this stuff.

Duffield backpeddaled and admitted that it was the incident with Nic Nat and the camera man that has got the WA media's nose out of joint and that is where this culture stuff has come from. What a pathetic bunch of immature losers.
So if he thinks the WA fans can't get along why then would you have split crowds - surely that would be asking for trouble

Duffield has also underplayed the showdown rivalry. Been plenty of onfield incidents (Bickley taking out a port player with an elbow was more vicious than anything in a derby) as well as the brawl between port and crows players at the Ramsgate hotel which are two clubs have never had

What a surprise...I was saying this on this thread right after the gaff incident. Duffield is still offended over the fact that Simmo slammed his non-story about Liam Ryan arriving late to EP and then doubled down on the disrespect when he slammed him for trying to breathe life into the NN story again.

We don't have a culture problem, Duffield has a sensitivity issue which leads to him lashing out at parties he deems has been disrespectful to him. And i wish i was still back in Aus, as i'd call ABC and tell that too his face. We let these guys off too easy IMO

What a surprise...I was saying this on this thread right after the gaff incident. Duffield is still offended over the fact that Simmo slammed his non-story about Liam Ryan arriving late to EP and then doubled down on the disrespect when he slammed him for trying to breathe life into the NN story again.

We don't have a culture problem, Duffield has a sensitivity issue which leads to him lashing out at parties he deems has been disrespectful to him. And i wish i was still back in Aus, as i'd call ABC and tell that too his face. We let these guys off too easy IMO
I wanted to do the same but I was driving at the time. Interestingly, they only took 3 calls, all of whom were not impressed with the Media's view. They then said they were done with the Gaff incident and played 5 mins of scripted stuff to try and re-set the focus onto topics other than Gaff.

The bizarre thing about Duffield this morning was that he was talking up crowd behaviour in Melbourne while bagging out Optus (read West Coast) crowds.

Other than cheering Gaff (which was not wrong) what was wrong with crowd behaviour last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back