giphy (1).gif

kenberger

Cancelled
Nov 13, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Collingwood as bad as us with 4 extras. They can have that one to gloat over, not going to help themselves win a final

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Went with Andrews, Mitch and Witherden although most weeks they wouldn't have been in our top 5

Changes
Out: Gardiner, Rich, Taylor, Starcevich (or Matho)
In: Allison, Cox, Keays, Bailey

Rich and Taylor have been horrible and should've got a wake-up call along time ago.

Bring in some speed and hard runners

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Outclassed in the middle after quarter time, and the pressure Collingwood put on then told. Gave votes to Berry, Mitch robbo and hippy and couldn’t come up with others.

With dizz out walker has to stay in. While Starce did a few nice things I’d get zach bailey back in and get some more speed.

Have to win against the Suns - would remove a lot of the good feeling this season has had if we lost twice to the plastics.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Well, apart from the first 25 minutes that was one of our worst performances of the year, we looked very tired and sore, I think we are looking for the end of the season.

Looking forward IMO we are too tall especially against the better sides, we need to get a couple of faster players in there for next year, Charlie Cameron is a given then you have Cedric Cox, Jacob Allison and Zac Bailey to consider.

Also need another experienced contested player, Mitch Wallis?

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Outclassed in the middle after quarter time, and the pressure Collingwood put on then told. Gave votes to Berry, Mitch robbo and hippy and couldn’t come up with others.

With dizz out walker has to stay in. While Starce did a few nice things I’d get zach bailey back in and get some more speed.

Have to win against the Suns - would remove a lot of the good feeling this season has had if we lost twice to the plastics.

We could struggle next week if Miller tags Zorko and Beams has another shocking game

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Umps were s**t but they weren't to blame for the loss.
Can't believe how bad we were, it was almost like we were overconfident because of the 1st quarter.
I knew it would come back to bite us when we dominated that 1st quarter but couldn't get reward for effort.
Quite a few times in the 1st half, ball was kicked into our f50 and opposition marked it. That shouldn't happen when we have 2 200cms players in there.
Midfield need to take a really hard look at themselves because they were the sole reason we lost tonight.
Degoey kicking 4 goals tonight, that is what we could have had but instead have received what 60 good games from a player. Cost an arm and a leg and been handsomely paid then leave when the money gets smaller and we still need him.
I reckon Fagan could ahve done a bit more with his coaching tonight. Maybe moved Walker or Andrews forward. Play Hippy on the wing, change the midfield lineup. Put Zorko up forward but didn't see too much.
Frustrating game, felt like we went into our shells during the 2nd quarter when they were getting on top
Makes it even worse when they had so many injuries to their team and we were basically versing their VFL defence and they basically beat us. All we had out was Cameron l think

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Glad we all made the effort to attend every Lions game again this year.:rolleyes:

How many wins in Melbourne the last 3-4 years has it been 3KZ is Football ?

No doubt all this talk of Beams leaving has had a positive impact. Good on him for dispelling any talk. He really may as well tell the club now a la Tom Lynch and stop wasting everyone’s time so we can play someone who will be here next year.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
We could struggle next week if Miller tags Zorko and Beams has another shocking game
Yep, I wouldn't be counting on a win next week, they'll be setting themselves for this one more than us IMO and we looked very tired tonight.

We could still end up with pick 2 in the draft.

jonnobackpocket

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Blew our chances in the first quarter followed by 3 quarters of one sided, biased, disgraceful, crowd effected umpiring that erased any hope we had. What ever her name is lead the way and is obviously concerned about her popularity because you cannot be that bad unless your trying.

You cannot win under those circumstances and Fagan needs to "seek some clarification" if that's how you say it without getting fined.

It started with just ignoring the fact Zorko took a clear cut mark in front of goal and got progressively worse. I am honestly dumbfounded.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yep, I wouldn't be counting on a win next week, they'll be setting themselves for this one more than us IMO and we looked very tired tonight.

We could still end up with pick 2 in the draft.

Gold Coast can barely kick 50 points. I reckon the score line could be similar to last time.

Back