Changes v Port (latest; out: Murray, In: Murphy)

Frank Gallagher

Diamond Encrusted Unobtainium Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Doubt we will any more debutants now. Time to settle the side for the finals.
He has a bit of size about him, smooth mover, if they're thinking about debuting him it's probably best they do it this week if Howe doesn't get up, i reckon i'd prefer Murphy over Oxley for intercept role.

He has a bit of size about him, smooth mover, if they're thinking about debuting him it's probably best they do it this week if Howe doesn't get up, i reckon i'd prefer Murphy over Oxley for intercept role.
Howe will come in for Ox.

We are getting strong now.

4tone

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Howe Mclarty Murphy IN
Madgen Oxley Murray OUT
If Buckley does this and boys get up next week, he will be coach of the year.

Murray was very frustrating to begin with but settled and improved in the 2nd half.

Phillips was similarly woeful in a couple of plays initially but also steadied; he can't tackle for s**t.

In: Howe
Out: Oxley

4tone

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
We won’t see Murphy until midway through next year I think
Maybe your right, but Madgen and Oxley don't improve the team. Just love how The Tiges introduced Jack Graham late last year. Mclarty was really huge today showed leadership for a young bloke. I Just think if a few debutants can ignite September.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe your right, but Madgen and Oxley don't improve the team. Just love how The Tiges introduced Jack Graham late last year. Mclarty was really huge today showed leadership for a young bloke. I Just think if a few debutants can ignite September.
Graham seems to be a Blair type, high base, low ceiling. Murphy seems the complete opposite

4tone

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Graham seems to be a Blair type, high base, low ceiling. Murphy seems the complete opposite
Spot on Graham will probably reach his ceiling 3 or 4 years into his career, but his impact on the biggest stage was stunning last year. I think one of our blokes can come in and do the same. If Bucks has the balls, our season starts again with anticipation, young hungry blood, next week is perfect its all set up.

Said this in the review thread but Dixon and Ryder apparently injured tonight so that takes a lot of pressure off our defense next week
That’s big if true.

Didstar

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Need Howe Back ASAP. I think Madgen is going okay. Howe covering him should improve the defence considerably. Replaces Oxley for mine.
Hopefully Appleby can get back soon. Murray can offer some great play, but we can't carry the turnovers.

And not a change, but keep tagging with Greenwood, Dusty till injuries forced him into defence and Zorko tonight. Monumental efforts in recent weeks.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
really looking forward to this one, 100% gonna go to it. It's a joy seeing Pendles, Grundy, Stephenson, WHE, DeGoey, Sier, Howe etc running amok Wish Treloar was back. Wasn't confident about this one for most of the year but now I am considering no Ryder or Dixon. Just need to control their spread which has broken our back in previous match ups with them at the MCG.

PIE-BOI

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid
Howe (was with Treloar & others) was sitting a couple rows in front of me and he was still hobbling every time he walked.. really hope he'll be okay in 7 days

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Bucks said in his presser that Howe had a bleed in his corkie but he is tough and they will know more this week. Goldsack not far off.

They seem to be the most likely with Howe straight into seniors and Goldsack because he hasn't done much, if right VFL.

Back