Media Random Musings From The Desk Of The Admin (Season 26)

12/8/2018

Hey gang,

I'm back at the desk again for the first time in Season 26 to talk about league stuff. Probably should've done this a couple weeks ago but I've kinda been on auto-pilot for the start of this season admittedly. Fortunately, there hasn't been too much to be concerned about with most systems put in place working well and most clubs in the league ticking along fine.

First of all, I'd like to extend a warm welcome to rookies and returnees who have come on board this season, hopefully you are settling in well and getting into the swing of things. We've seen some new players have been prominent contributors to the league already.

The new initiative this season to improve the quality of match thread OPs was to create teams to collaborate on them. I think this has gone reasonably effectively with kdavva74 , NaturalDisaster , and The Half Back putting out some good work so far in the first three rounds with PhenomenalV1 looking to bring the team home on the strong note next week. I'll be putting together the team for the next month soon.

Furthermore, the team sheet submission thread has been quite well received thus far, with it being easier to find match ups and opponents and saving the sim team the need to collate the team sheets in the PM. JoshWoodenSpoon has done some good work collating the results and output stats in those threads today so thanks to him.

Our little venture into the gender neutral sim commentary proved to be not as effective as wished so we'll be reverting back to the original program now. The feedback from our female players wasn't particularly supportive and it seemingly diminished the experience making the commentary a bit impersonal was the other criticisms.

I've started a thread in the archives to allow for some discussion surrounding planning of a potential updated sim program, we've got a long way to go before making it into being. But if it's going to happen we'll need it to start somewhere so if an idea springs to mind that could add to the sim pop it in that thread.

And finally, well done to SarahSmiles on his charity initiative for the Cancer Council's Daffodil Day, great cause and good to that people are getting behind it. I think dogs105 has also got a werewolf fundraiser going on for the Children's Cancer Awareness in the club room so for those interested in werewolf games check it out. Good on you guys for making the effort and taking the initiative.

Over the next month or so, a bit more planning will go into a potential Representative Competition. Some details will come out when decisions have been worked out. Thanks folks.

When will okeydoke7 finally be made immortal?

The cause is gathering significant momentum and protesters have been outside league administration for weeks.

They just want answers.
Sorry, who is okeydoke7?

I need an exposition to answer this.

Our little venture into the gender neutral sim commentary proved to be not as effective as wished so we'll be reverting back to the original program now. The feedback from our female players wasn't particularly supportive and it seemingly diminished the experience making the commentary a bit impersonal was the other criticisms.

Really upsetting move from you mate.

Gendered terms in 2018 need to stop.

Just because it's inconvenient for a few hetero, carnist, white, middle aged males doesn't mean it's a bad cause.

The right wing nutjobs on this site win again.

Just because it's inconvenient for a few hetero, carnist, white, middle aged males doesn't mean it's a bad cause.

Your welcome hipster.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies

Some of the females of this site were also against it.

Can you PM me the links to the end of the games after they are posted so I can find them asap when writing IQYMI
Ermm, do you just want the stats or what?

Stats, scores and goal by goal would be amazing thanks
Okay, well I'll be posting those into the team sheet submission thread (as per round 1 and round 2 if you wish to check them). Can PM them to you also if it is necessary.

Okay, well I'll be posting those into the team sheet submission thread (as per round 1 and round 2 if you wish to check them). Can PM them to you also if it is necessary.
Oh cool. No need to PM me I'll just check the thread

Nov 9, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍🏆Ophidian Old Boys🏆🐍 and Mizzou

The biggest pisstake post I have seen for a while - you are joking aren't you?

LOL.

I get why you think its worth a shot to get all this PC stuff up and going, but your outrage after must be a pisstake. Its only a fantasy game.

You're right, it's just a fantasy game.

Shouldn't be hard to get rid of pronouns to help those who might benefit from it hey?

It's the right thing to do.

Back