D3 2018 Division 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
D3 thread is the gift that keeps on giving.

2 rounds to go - who's making the finals??!!
Can Canterbury roll GE in last round, Manningham will beat Richmond easy this week and Swinburne need to win last 2 hard ones..think top 3 are safe and pick a number outy of a hat for 4th

I see Albert Park 2’s knocked off Glen Eira today. Their 1’s look pathetic though. Have they seriously stacked their 2’s and happy to let the club get relegated? If so, what a sad position they’re in.
No question. Absolute disgrace for the guys that slogged it out in the twos all year. Interestingly some of their seconds played two games. Conditions were atrocious rain, hail and wind. Ground has no cover at all and they had zero supporters.

Massive props to La Trobe footy club today. Managed to field a Reserves side for the first time in awhile and both teams fought it out all day despite the large deficits.
We have been in that position at Aquinas so we know how tough it can get, so well done for fighting it out.
Hang on Eddie, how are you posting when you’re on the ground in Canberra??

Massive props to La Trobe footy club today. Managed to field a Reserves side for the first time in awhile and both teams fought it out all day despite the large deficits.
We have been in that position at Aquinas so we know how tough it can get, so well done for fighting it out.

Yeah really feel for Trobers as they’ve been booted from ground and Ezard has stated that at start of 3 year rebuild with students!! Maybe just maybe the guy can finish with a win over perennial underachievers Richmond Central!!

No question. Absolute disgrace for the guys that slogged it out in the twos all year. Interestingly some of their seconds played two games. Conditions were atrocious rain, hail and wind. Ground has no cover at all and they had zero supporters.

Well Rocket you got me. You have declared Albert Park stacked the twos. Always interests THE EYE so I clicked on each player and unless the VAFA website is wrong only 3 players from Albert Park that played in the ressies today have played any senior games. Player 1 record - 1 Sen 4 reserves, Player 2 record - 5 Sen 3 Res, Player 3 - 3 Senior 8 reserves. Yes it looks absolute stacking to me. 19 players haven't played a senior game. What a joke to cast aspersions on another club without even checking. Seems to THE EYE you were beaten on merit by 19 ressies players and the stacked 3 Seniors SUPERSTARS who have a combined total in 2018 of 9 Senior games. Don't know much about them but having a go about lack of supporters is low R**. Poor form all up - so they don't have any cover. Reckon all clubs along there have little support from the Albert Park Trust. Think you should be worried about your club instead of sticking the boots into a fellow D3 club trying their best. You are fast becoming the new Hawthorn.

Another check - Glen Eiiira had 6 players who had played in the seniors in 2018! I'll be supporting them b/c they obviously [as pointed out] don't have anyone.

THE EYE

:eek:

Do we know finally know where the eye is from. Falcons number one ticket holder.

For what it is worth a member of their twos leadership group is mates with one of our players and confirmed to him that they started loading up their twos a while ago.

Perhaps the number of games indictes it has been a slow transition?

Either that or the twos coach should be their ones coach as the turn around from the start of the year is remarkable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Rocket you got me. You have declared Albert Park stacked the twos. Always interests THE EYE so I clicked on each player and unless the VAFA website is wrong only 3 players from Albert Park that played in the ressies today have played any senior games. Player 1 record - 1 Sen 4 reserves, Player 2 record - 5 Sen 3 Res, Player 3 - 3 Senior 8 reserves. Yes it looks absolute stacking to me. 19 players haven't played a senior game. What a joke to cast aspersions on another club without even checking. Seems to THE EYE you were beaten on merit by 19 ressies players and the stacked 3 Seniors SUPERSTARS who have a combined total in 2018 of 9 Senior games. Don't know much about them but having a go about lack of supporters is low R**. Poor form all up - so they don't have any cover. Reckon all clubs along there have little support from the Albert Park Trust. Think you should be worried about your club instead of sticking the boots into a fellow D3 club trying their best. You are fast becoming the new Hawthorn.

Another check - Glen Eiiira had 6 players who had played in the seniors in 2018! I'll be supporting them b/c they obviously [as pointed out] don't have anyone.

THE EYE

Well looks like Westborne need to stack their twos next week against Albert park then to ensure they stay in finals!!!

THE EYE

Been around footy for awhile and have seen phantom players on team sheets. Eg today a mysterious number 13 played 2 games. The timekeeper from GE pointed out a couple of phantoms. By the way AP didn't have a timekeeper in the seniors. Might have been on the bench. Not everything on reserves team sheets are that accurate

THE EYE

Just because blokes haven’t played seniors, doesn’t mean they aren’t stacking the Reserves. There is obviously blokes running around in the twos that are better players than those playing 1’s. Maybe they don’t train, maybe they just don’t want to play seniors because they get flogged but what ever the reason, these players are letting their club get relegated while they have a crack at a 2’s flag.

Powerhouse barely hanging on in D2, Albert Park gone in D3 and South maybe scraping into finals in D4 surely the VAFA will be pushing for a GE style merger

Not a fan of clubs merging, I've been in that position myself. But if it means clubs in some form surviving and being competitive that it's surely the way to go. As was the case for us many years ago.
Other wise blokes lose interest and can give up footy altogether. Even though we want our own clubs to succeed we also want whoever wants to play footy to be able to get a game and enjoy it.

Wow, some very disappointing and childish comments thrown at our club on here. A club might I add that is run and managed by the very same players you seem to be having a crack at. A club that has never considered and will never merge with another.

Yes we have had a tough couple of years, every team goes through it. High turnover of players, annual issues with the Grand Prix, change in committee and competition in our local area (4 clubs in a kilometer radius) makes it a challenging place to operate at the best of times. We do our best with what we have and will continue to battle, because we are proud of our club and love it dearly - as I’m sure you all do with your own.

Re: stacking. What nonsense, we have a twos team who’s average age is 31 years old, our oldest is in his mid 40’s. They are great footballers but they are also Fathers, business owners and work in national roles which means training is simply unachieveavle.
I’m sure most clubs have rules around blokes that train getting picked before those who do not, ours is no different.

I generally don’t humour this sort of s**t throwing but it doesn’t come much lower than kicking a club when it’s having a hard time. I’d hope some of you would have more class than that.

Play on.

Jack Amies

Wow, some very disappointing and childish comments thrown at our club on here. A club might I add that is run and managed by the very same players you seem to be having a crack at. A club that has never considered and will never merge with another.

Yes we have had a tough couple of years, every team goes through it. High turnover of players, annual issues with the Grand Prix, change in committee and competition in our local area (4 clubs in a kilometer radius) makes it a challenging place to operate at the best of times. We do our best with what we have and will continue to battle, because we are proud of our club and love it dearly - as I’m sure you all do with your own.

Re: stacking. What nonsense, we have a twos team who’s average age is 31 years old, our oldest is in his mid 40’s. They are great footballers but they are also Fathers, business owners and work in national roles which means training is simply unachieveavle.
I’m sure most clubs have rules around blokes that train getting picked before those who do not, ours is no different.

I generally don’t humour this sort of s**t throwing but it doesn’t come much lower than kicking a club when it’s having a hard time. I’d hope some of you would have more class than that.

Play on.

Jack Amies

Was a firey game. I wouldn't put too much thought into what is said on here. Have a look back and you'll see immature is basically the standard.

The VAFA promotion relagation system is great to rebuild as plenty of other clubs have in the past (mine included)

I'm sure you'll be the same.

Hmm so it is Albert Park's fault that it was raining, hail & windy & the ground has no cover?? did you want the game to be played at Etihad stadium so you good folk from Glen Eira were comfortable.....

Also amazed to hear your coach question the culture and character of Albert Park in his 3/4 time address, but when the rain & hail came he was quick to leave his players and take himself under cover out of the conditions, same with your players on the bench and water carriers. Then I look across at the Albert Park bench and their coach was still out in the conditions with the players on the bench and they still had guys running water.... Not one in all in at Glen Eira obviously... what is their culture again??
You my friend are lying. The person under cover was our Boardman. The coach and assistant stuck it out. GE had no players on the bench last quarter due to injury. Also two players stayed on the field injured. GE never complained about the rain only that there was no cover for supporters. You know what supporters are don't you? Also your time keeper didn't front and left it up to us to do the timekeeping. Boy have you got a chip on your shoulder. This bit of crap you copped today is nothing like what GE have copped over the past few years by the haters but we keep going.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back