BlueBen

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Signed up for the Optus Sport free trial (will probably end up paying for it per month after the trial ends).

Am I correct in saying that there is currently no Optus Sport app for Smart TVs? I have a Chromecast, so it's okay, but I'm just checking/confirming.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Signed up for the Optus Sport free trial (will probably end up paying for it per month after the trial ends).

Am I correct in saying that there is currently no Optus Sport app for Smart TVs? I have a Chromecast, so it's okay, but I'm just checking/confirming.
Yeah, nothing on a Smart TV from what I am aware.

You should get the Fetch Mini. It's worth it.

The problem with Xbox is you will say it’s fantastic and the next guy will say how terrible it is. At least with Fetch 99% reviews are positive.

Yeah was just responding to him asking if there was an app for it.

BlueBen

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don't have an Xbox.

Pardon my (obvious) ignorance, but is it worth buying a Fetch Mini, or am I better off to just stick with the Chromecast?

I don't have an Xbox.

Pardon my (obvious) ignorance, but is it worth buying a Fetch Mini, or am I better off to just stick with the Chromecast?
I had a fetch mini as part of my deal and it worked well, no buffering etc.
Palmed it off to a relative as soon as I got a chromecast.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
well, credit where it's due. the pool game had a few problems but i can imagine that's normal. but it was still watchable and still only within that 30 second delay or so. city game was perfect. watching it using data on the phone in the 2nd half and it was crisp as crisp can be. been very vocal about them but this is a very promising start

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
So I switched my mobile to Optus in May and get the sport for free with it, got the Fetch mini as part of the world cup stuff up for free for 12 months and loving it. The EPL coverage was fantastic over the weekend and I had no issues with buffering etc. and not even on the worlds quickest NBN plan.

well, credit where it's due. the pool game had a few problems but i can imagine that's normal. but it was still watchable and still only within that 30 second delay or so. city game was perfect. watching it using data on the phone in the 2nd half and it was crisp as crisp can be. been very vocal about them but this is a very promising start

Congrats on the new job matey.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
I've always used the app on my phone or ipad and just connected to the tv through hdmi and have never had one problem.

Yeah I’ve never had issue with the phone or iPad either, but for some reason the web app is pants and it’s the one most used by those who complain.

Funnily enough had issues for the first time with the Xbox app tonight watching the Sunday review show. Got to the Soton-Burnley game and the app just struggled to get a good connection. Didn't realise that game was THAT s**t.

Ive just plugged back in my fetch mini and thought i would start watching the review show each monday.
Aaannnnd software update.
But after 10 mins i am in business.

The Tuesday and Wednesday review shows are very good. The one up on Mondays is just the highlights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back