Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
If it’s an ACL it’s 12 months out he would literally be coming back justcfor finals without any form? It’s a really bad injury for him at his age and timing in season unfortunately....

Loved Bernie but if it’s a full ACL injury I don’t know how we can drag him into nexts years finals?

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
If it’s an ACL it’s 12 months out he would literally be coming back justcfor finals without any form? It’s a really bad injury for him at his age and timing in season unfortunately....

Loved Bernie but if it’s a full ACL injury I don’t know how we can drag him into nexts years finals?
It's an AC Joint ... which is his shoulder, not his knee. I think it's a 6-8 week injury, so he'd be good to go day 1 of preseason if he were to be retained.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
It's an AC Joint ... which is his shoulder, not his knee. I think it's a 6-8 week injury, so he'd be good to go day 1 of preseason if he were to be retained.

The rush to get him to 100 games before dropping him tells me it's all over. If this group wins a flag, him and Daniel cross deserve a medal for building this.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
We did the same thing with Grimes from memory - got him to 100 then cut him loose.

Gave him a box of frangas with pin holes in them too, I'd imagine.

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gave him a box of frangas with pin holes in them too, I'd imagine.

Not even
FXVV8KNHCV9CKQI.LARGE.jpg

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Damn. Such a likeable guy, will never forget his goals from 55m, the aggression at the man and the fact he came to our club when no one else would.

Some blokes who split times between clubs you always think of as a player from their original club, Bernie is a Melbourne player now.

His BNF season was genuinely elite and he deserved AA recognition IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils

Damn. Such a likeable guy, will never forget his goals from 55m, the aggression at the man and the fact he came to our club when no one else would.

Does that mean that he Cho-Cho-Chose us?
81vxqtrl3oL._SY450_.jpg

I heard him on SEN1116 Yesterday. Bloody shame that his career was cut short due to an AC joint

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Love that we got him from the Sylvia compo

One of those players that loved the antagonism and the pressure, whenever we went over to Adelaide and he'd tag Dangerfield out of the game was just so great to watch, even when we weren't very good back then

He'd thrive off the boo's and just keep putting him down behind play

Even after all the suspensions and late hits, everyone that follows AFL still loves him

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
Love that we got him from the Sylvia compo

One of those players that loved the antagonism and the pressure, whenever we went over to Adelaide and he'd tag Dangerfield out of the game was just so great to watch, even when we weren't very good back then

He'd thrive off the boo's and just keep putting him down behind play

Even after all the suspensions and late hits, everyone that follows AFL still loves him

He is the Anti-Sylvia

Bernie could s**t on your plate and you would still call him a hero.
Sylvia could save a cat and you would call the police and tell them that there is a cretin on the loose.

sylvieMFC

Debutant
Aug 31, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thank you for your service, Bernie! Came to the club in our dark years and helped enormously with the re-build. Won a lot of hearts (particularly female) in the process. absolute legend.

All the best with the next chapter - hopefully media, though he has his real estate business up and running too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back