Toast Jaeger O'Meara 50 Games and beyond...

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched this about 10 times in a row. Watch Jaeger subtly change his line of running before Morrison got to it, as if he had some precognition about how the play would pan out - then successfully weaved between 3 opponents to score the goal.

You can’t ******* teach that. What an absolute star.

TRADE CALL NOT AGEING WELL

WHEN you give forthright opinions for a living inevitably some will come back to haunt you.

But even in that context, this is a doozy. Kane Cornes might wish he had his time over after smashing the Hawks 10 months ago for the Jaeger O'Meara deal.

"I think it could turn out to be one of the worst trades of all time," Cornes said on AFL Trade Radio, citing O'Meara's repeated knee problems.

"What they gave up for him, the Hawks, what they’re paying in terms of salary, I think it’s going to be a disaster."

O'Meara played just six games in his first season as a Hawk and the team missed the finals for the first time in eight years.

But it's not looking so bad now, with Hawthorn on the verge of a remarkable top-four finish and O'Meara playing 18 of 20 games. To top it off, the former Sun kicked the sealing goal against Geelong on Saturday.

"The whole club rebuild is extraordinary," Jay Clark said in this week's SuperFooty Podcast.

"How many people tried to lay into this football club for the Jaeger O'Meara trade? How's that looking at the moment? They just know what they're doing, you've got to back them in."

The Hawks gave up pick 10 and a second-rounder to get the injury-prone midfielder at the end of 2016.

I actually like Kane.

Will respond to most stuff on Twitter and he's not a blocker.

Gives a lot but takes it too.

Was horribly wrong on this call though

He's a true shock journo, lives by the sword and dies by it. Good sense of humour though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He replies with 'early days'... But it isn't too early to call it potentially the worst trade of all time a year ago, what a flog! From that reply one would almost think he is one of the flogs that hope Jaeger doesn't reach his potential.

I remember a clip of Jaeger talking about his limited ability to train, and that something he learned from Gary Ablett training on the Gold Coast was to train with high intensity, or don't train at all.

Lately I've been pondering the pickups of Mitchell and O'Meara, and how our expectation was to secure two gun midfielders for the next 10 years. We're almost two years in, and it looks like our expectations could be blown out of the water. The upward trend of both these players is incredibly exciting, and is headed well into Cotchin/Martin, Selwood/Dangerfield territory. We could end up with the best two midfielders in the competition, although Sydney fans will never admit it!

On the contrary, my dad’s a mad south Melb supporter. He was furious when I told him the hawks were into Tom. Devastated when the trade was done, and gobsmacked that it was for pick 14.

Only internet nuffies doubt(ed) him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhat fittingly kicks the sealer against the arch rival.

Sold the farm, indeed.
Pick 45 kicked the sealer against the other arch rival last week. Good times.

Jaeger and Ablett starting side by side at a stoppage at half back, ends up leaving Ablett behind and kicking the game winning goal. Second week in a row his gut running has left his direct opponent behind and lead to a score.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back