Toast Jaeger O'Meara 50 Games and beyond...

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor Schoey doesn't even get highlighted, gets up from tackling and outruns half the Geelong side to be involved as well

Jaeger and Ablett starting side by side at a stoppage at half back, ends up leaving Ablett behind and kicking the game winning goal. Second week in a row his gut running has left his direct opponent behind and lead to a score.

That is exceptional vision and analysis. Where is it from? I don't get the ability to watch the footy shows where I'm based - haven't for the last 5 years - gee the quality of both the analysis tools and the footage has improved!

That is exceptional vision and analysis. Where is it from? I don't get the ability to watch the footy shows where I'm based - haven't for the last 5 years - gee the quality of both the analysis tools and the footage has improved!
Footage is from on the couch

Jaeger and Ablett starting side by side at a stoppage at half back, ends up leaving Ablett behind and kicking the game winning goal. Second week in a row his gut running has left his direct opponent behind and lead to a score.

Thanks for the footage. Perfect for B13!

Last edited:
I keep watching that clip, and although my
Man-love for JOM is through the roof, the work of Schoe and Harry is really something else.

I keep watching that clip, and although my
Man-love for JOM is through the roof, the work of Schoe and Harry is really something else.

I keep watching it trying to figure out how Jaeger knew how to get to exactly where the ball would be and how Harry knew how to get it there. I can only assume they have found a way to share thoughts via their GPS trackers.

I keep watching it trying to figure out how Jaeger knew how to get to exactly where the ball would be and how Harry knew how to get it there. I can only assume they have found a way to share thoughts via their GPS trackers.
Yeah, there was some great reading of each other in that last couple of seconds.

Harry just seemed to know that he had to get to that spot, get dangerous and someone would be running passed.

In other news....I found the fox sports article relating to the video, and you just know that the sole comment is from a very salty Cats fan. :)

7A2BB79A-0D91-4669-AF5B-399BC070C3DA.jpeg

Yeah, there was some great reading of each other in that last couple of seconds.

Harry just seemed to know that he had to get to that spot, get dangerous and someone would be running passed.

In other news....I found the fox sports article relating to the video, and you just know that the sole comment is from a very salty Cats fan. :)

View attachment 543095
That comment is the epitome of denial

View attachment 543095

This is the fascinating insight into the outcomes of Geelong's whacky education system.

'Cheap goal out the back' = brilliantly chasing down the field, telegraphing your team-mate's hand pass and getting the kick off in time when three opposition defenders are closing in.

'doing nothing all day' = 24 disposals, 6 tackles and 6 score involvements.

'threepeat' = winning 3 premierships in alternate years over a 5 year period.

'mission accomplished' = being beaten twice by the same team in a two week period on your way to a straight sets finals exit.

'greatest team of all' = making the finals a lot despite only having 9 flags over 121 years when the side you pathologically hate has won 13 over 93 years.

'god' = player that never won a premiership.

Last edited:

I love his pause to draw in the Geelong player, waited just enough time to give JOM free space to run into goal, lot of players would of handballed way earlier and made the JOM kicked rushed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor Schoey doesn't even get highlighted, gets up from tackling and outruns half the Geelong side to be involved as well
Shoe very stiff not to get highlighted. Had to watch it twice to work out where he started. Wowee, as good an effort as anyone else in that play.

Edit. And the bloke he tackles, Duncan, stays down for the count and has just given up. Shoey is straight up and bolts down. Great stuff.

How about the little hand gesture from Harry to Jags, almost like he was saying 'if we put in the big ones to get down there, we are a good chance to get involved'. I reakon Jaeger accelrates just after that too

Awesome teamwork from the pair :thumbsu:

View attachment 543095

That salty comment makes no sense. JOM did the team thing and basically positioned himself a kick behind the ball if cats got out...when he saw we were winning the ball he sprinted to get on the offensive side. Great play.

Ablett didn't even bother doing the bare minimum which was staying a kick behind the ball, let alone sprinting to get defensive side once we won posession.

How about the little hand gesture from Harry to Jags, almost like he was saying 'if we put in the big ones to get down there, we are a good chance to get involved'. I reakon Jaeger accelrates just after that too

Awesome teamwork from the pair :thumbsu:
Good spotting. I think Harry could see that Abblett was not going to chase so just encouraged Jaegar to push to the contest. great leadership and game sense.

He was making space and cutting the angle to the goals at the same time. TBH I would expect every player to do that and I believe they all would do this instinctively. The casual execution of the banana was class however.

Both JoM and Silk displayed skills in "bullet-time" in this game, pretty sure they can manipulate the Matrix

Good spotting. I think Harry could see that Abblett was not going to chase so just encouraged Jaegar to push to the contest. great leadership and game sense.
Harry also indicated something to Jaegar as Menagola joins the tackle and Smith start to move forwards to get the handball receive.

The goal was created by Puopolo, make no mistake. Everyone else did what was expected of them, but the poo was able to legitimately get the ball out with a handpass whilst being tackled.

The umpires would surely have paid holding against him if Kolojazzknee held the tackle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back