Preview Richmond vs Essendon, MCG, Friday 17/08/18 @ 7:50 PM

More handball receives?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, for actual real games that people care about (i.e not pre-season hit and giggle), the last seven games (losses) have had the following margins: 71, 15, 19, 38, 27, 13 and 18. Grim reading but aside from the game this year, they've hardly been total wipeouts.

Holds more weight if you mention the last 7...

Potentially.

But they've only been upper echelon of the competition across those 3 results.

I get that pre-season results are generally meaningless... but this one was particularly nasty when both sides had very strong squads playing. We were insipid.

As I said in an earlier post... coaches box will be earning their pay packet this week to turn these run of results around. Turning it around doesn't necessarily mean winning either, although it would be a nice surprise.

Potentially.

I get that pre-season results are generally meaningless... but this one was particularly nasty when both sides had very strong squads playing. We were insipid.

As I said in an earlier post... coaches box will be earning their pay packet this week to turn these run of results around. Turning it around doesn't necessarily mean winning either, although it would be a nice surprise.

If we don't win a 2-3 goal loss will be a huge improvement.

Forgive me for the intrusion but does anyone think you’re a chance this week? Would be great for the comp if you win & your finals chances are alive
I think we are a chance. And agree it would be great for the comp if the bigger Melbourne clubs played finals. How much will it cost us for you guys to lay down.

Barring we dont get injuries i think we are in better shape at toppling richmond than previously in the year. Hopefully the tigers show a level of complacency given their ladder position is cemented.

Potentially.

From my memories , most times you have a sustained poor run of form against a particular side the game that breaks it generally is a close loss but something happens in that game that causes a penny drop moment, from there you have your win next time then go on a run of your own against the same side.

Hope this is our penny drop game where we change up and see a new way against them

For the record, for actual real games that people care about (i.e not pre-season hit and giggle), the last seven games (losses) have had the following margins: 71, 15, 19, 38, 27, 13 and 18. Grim reading but aside from the game this year, they've hardly been total wipeouts.
I think the worst part is our average score. We've only managed an average of 63 points over the last 7 games. Pretty clear where our struggles lie.

Fanta out is a blow.

Would bring Guelfi in, no other changes assuming Goddard, Hooker and Saad get up.

Personally, I wouldn’t be distraught if BJ doesn’t get up. Dea will come in if he doesn’t...Franger to run riot as the spare defender!

He looks very promising, Francis. Great hands.

Extra defender rarely works against us; we just put in another forward.
Was just being humorous really - Franger plays that role brilliantly at VFL level and we’d all love to see him replicate it.....but needs more games before he’s asked to do it at AFL level, against Richmond in what is effectively a final. Expect he’ll go to Caddy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks very promising, Francis. Great hands.

Extra defender rarely works against us; we just put in another forward.
Then we'll put in another spare defender.

checkmate mother*er

WE ARE GOING TO WIN THIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back