Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s had a few awful weeks but I can say that about a few of our players

He is hardly injured and I would sign him just on that basis considering our horrible track record
He's hardly injured because he's attack on the ball, or the player with the ball, is poor.

He's hardly injured because he's attack on the ball, or the player with the ball, is poor.

He's had a good year but I'm sure we're the only club in the league who was keen to sign him up to a three year deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really tired of the needs to be moved back, needs to be moved forward, needs to be moved into the midfield talk.....what we really needed to do, was move him on, but alas, some moron with half a brain thinks that he is going to be of some use while we push for top 4 and a flag in the hopefully near future. can anybody put forward a plausible argument as to what use that would be.

Really tired of the needs to be moved back, needs to be moved forward, needs to be moved into the midfield talk.....what we really needed to do, was move him on, but alas, some moron with half a brain thinks that he is going to be of some use while we push for top 4 and a flag in the hopefully near future. can anybody put forward a plausible argument as to what use that would be.
I doubt anyone can make an argument mate.

Pearl Jam had a song that perfectly described Shaun as a footballer - Nothingman

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Their only argument would be when/if we sign Polec, and potentially a few others, he gets a bit more freedom to downhill ski.

But I agree, just find him a bit vanilla to be honest.

If I weren't so lazy I would try to sit down and compare Atley's stats pre and post new contract.

I seem to recall him being genuinely good in the first half of the year.

I'm talking could easily fit into Richmond as a forward good.

Lately he has been more meh than a cheap Chinese hatchback.

Would make perfect sense, too, given Bradley's 'you're here to buy houses' philosophy.

Well as somebody in the top 25% of earners on the North list, Atley is on his way to being a real estate mogul.

And he only has to perform for a few weeks every three years! Genius, really.

I sometimes wonder if some of you people watch the same game as the rest of us.

He's been pretty consistent(ly okay) all year.

upload_2018-8-14_16-13-47.png

I sometimes wonder if some of you people watch the same game as the rest of us.

He's been pretty consistent(ly okay) all year.

View attachment 543115

According to those stats, his past month or two has been well below par.

Inside-50s are down.
Goals (and even shots on goal) are down.
Goal assists have disappeared.

Remember he is in the team as a forward.

On the upside, he has committed less clangers lately, apart from the Sydney game. That is good.
And his overall possession count is pretty consistent, apart from the last two weeks.

How about going an entire season with only one contested mark? That has to be some kind of record.*

*Edit. Yeah, it is his record, from 2011. Two matches away from equaling his own PB. Go you good thing.

just find him a bit vanilla to be honest.
hammer.jpg
This guy's played 150+ games now and would be lucky to have been named in our best players in 10 of them.

I'd be more than happy if we traded for his brother, provided it's Shaun going the other way as part of the deal. He's basically Sam Power with leg speed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back