Preview 2019 Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cam Taheny is a dead set gun. Best talent in SA team next year. Strong mark, leading everywhere, kicked goals, elite disposal, big tank.

Absolutely. Shame he hasn’t played at the U18 Championships. #1 prospect for the next year.

Absolutely. Shame he hasn’t played at the U18 Championships. #1 prospect for the next year.
When I was walking out of the game I spoke to a scout from a big Victorian club and I asked him how good he thinks Taheny is and he said that he is a amazing talent.

What do you think of Jed Mcentee? Had a good game and I saw a few of the different scouts sitting in front of me notes, and they were writing alot about him and he was one of the top 5 kids they were interested in.

I don't think he is eligible in 2019 so prob more 2020 but I've heard a recruiter rave about Tanner Bruhn

Anyone seen Jordan O'Brien from SA play?. Playing good footy at reserves level for Central Districts as an u/17. Really good work rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VIC COUNTRY V. QUEENSLAND
Sunday, August 12, 9.30am
Ikon Park, Carlton

The Vic Country forward line will be one to watch with the likes of Jye Chalcraft (Murray Bushrangers), Fraser Phillipsand Josh Smith (Gippsland Power), and Izaac Grant and Mitch Martin (GWV Rebels) potentially lining up inside 50. In defence, Bendigo’s James Schischka and Dandenong’s Sam De Koning will look to impress, while the likes of Geelong’s Keidan Rayner and Gippsland’s Riley Baldi will play through the midfield. For Queensland, Connor Budarickimpressed at the National Under 18 Championships, while Tom Jeffrey was busy for Brisbane Lions’ Academy, as was Josh Gore for Queensland in the Futures match at Southport.

Sandringham Dragons squad will be strong next year. Mahony, McAsey, Byrnes, Ralphsmith, Watts, Bergman, Courtney, Dean, Grey, Voss - all first year players who look promising in there first year at TAC cup level.

Does anyone have a link to the footage from Sunday U17 Futures (Metro v NSW/ACT)?

Last edited:
Does anyone have a link to the footage from Sunday U17 Futures (Metro v NSW/ACT)?

Don't think there is any coverage. There is a futures 17s game before the grand final, (50 players selected) after watching most of the Allie States games , the following players should get selected.

Nsw - Delahunty, Barling and Green
Tas - O'Neill,
Qld - Budarick, Gore , Martyn, Crossely

Any other suggestions

Sandringham Dragons squad will be strong next year. Mahony, McAsey, Byrnes, Ralphsmith, Watts, Bergman, Courtney, Dean, Grey, Voss - all first year players who look promising in there first year at TAC cup level.
Been playing a lot of school football this year but Louis Butler is right up there for Sandringham next year, another to add to the list

Been playing a lot of school football this year but Louis Butler is right up there for Sandringham next year, another to add to the list

Fortunately, he's playing against Oakleigh on Sunday, together with another 3 APS fellas I'd add to FootyNut119's list who are as promising, if not more promising, than those already named. We'll have 10 top age and 13 bottom age players running around this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back