List Mgmt. The Contract Status Thread (as of March 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he'll cop a year extension. If he's not showing anything more in the VFL next year though it'll be chopping block end of 2019.
So much for that. Retired.

No questioning that you have heard this, but promote Dec even though he hasn't debuted and re-rookie Bull who has debuted?
it probably makes sense though, with Lever going down with injury Keilty becomes more important. he's also pretty versatile in the VFL. also i dont think Oscar Mac has signed on again yet has he? could something be happening there maybe.
and with Weideman waiting in the wings, we probably have to try and give more opportunities to him when we can next year so we can work out where he sits in the big picture, so opportunities for Smith might be a bit limited.
I wouldn't be surprised if Flip got the axe either. he doesn't look up to it so far and with Bradtke added to the squad it likely pushes him out.

it probably makes sense though, with Lever going down with injury Keilty becomes more important. he's also pretty versatile in the VFL. also i dont think Oscar Mac has signed on again yet has he? could something be happening there maybe.
and with Weideman waiting in the wings, we probably have to try and give more opportunities to him when we can next year so we can work out where he sits in the big picture, so opportunities for Smith might be a bit limited.
I wouldn't be surprised if Flip got the axe either. he doesn't look up to it so far and with Bradtke added to the squad it likely pushes him out.

Thought Bradtke was a Cat B rookie?

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2018-09-13/oscar-signs-on-until-end-of-2020

Leaves us with only Bugg, Kent, McKenna, Johnstone, JKH, T. Smith, Pedersen, Keilty, vandenBerg, King and Filipovic.

My take on the rest:
Bugg - Selection with his decent VFL form makes it look like he's as good as gone. Wonder what a bottom 3 side will give us for him.
Kent - Hope we keep him, but hearing whispers back to WA with Freo the most likely suitor.
McKenna - Probably worth one more season now he's come good from injury. Down to the rookie list?
Johnstone - His change of position to BP has probably guaranteed him 1 more year at least.
JKH - Never been his biggest fan, but has proved serviceable of recent times. 1 year extension or see what we can get from a lower side?
T. Smith - I'm not too fussy what happens here. Hasn't exactly set the world on fire when given the chance. Hold on rookie list for one more or delist. Not too sure. Probably safe if Pedersen retires.
Pedersen - Similar to Bugg, seems out of favour considering he's been brilliant at VFL level. All depending on what happens with T. Smith and whether we get Preuss on board, the ball is probably in Pedo's court.
Keilty - Some seem to be big wraps on him at VFL level with whispers of a upgrade to senior list, which personally I can't see happening. Reckon he'll get the cut, especially if we're to pick up a Lockhart/C.Wagner from Casey to keep the alignment strong.
vandenBerg - Sign him up! In absolute ripping form. Injury history will probably mean probably a 1-2 year extension.
King/Filipovic - I'll probably get canned for this. "Leave them alone, ruckmen take time". I just don't believe they're exactly setting the world on fire in the VFL. From reports it seems Filipovic is more in favour, said to get more of the ruck drills against Gawn at training. Plus he's younger, newer, etc. With Bradtke coming in too, you get the feeling that King won't be with us in 19'.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with everything except Pedo. He hasn't been picked because there's been no spot for him. His AFL form wasn't great, but he's killed it in the VFL. Would love him to go round as insurance for one more season.

Expect Vandenberg Kent JKH will get offered one year deals?

Agree with everything except Pedo. He hasn't been picked because there's been no spot for him. His AFL form wasn't great, but he's killed it in the VFL. Would love him to go round as insurance for one more season.

Watching the VFL game, doesn't seem to be much point in having both Pedo and Tim Smith on the list as our forward utilities. One will do. Need to stop hanging on to people for the sake of it and try our luck at the draft.

Watching the VFL game, doesn't seem to be much point in having both Pedo and Tim Smith on the list as our forward utilities. One will do. Need to stop hanging on to people for the sake of it and try our luck at the draft.
i agree, also keep Petty and delist Keilty if he hasn't got a contract as they are incredibly similar players and probably not much need for both.

So Keilty gets another year? JKH? Johnstone?

As per yday's report, Bull Smith getting one more, and AVB & Kent will have offers too...

Johnstone probably survives as that is already 6 list spots we have open.

I would think it is worth de-listing and committing to him in the rookie draft so as to move up the draft order.

Can we keep T Smith & Keilty as rookies or do we need to upgrade them after 2 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back