Strategy St Kilda's new President

Remove this Banner Ad

it appears summer's time will come to an end at the end of 2018. Bassat the favourite to take over:
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ignal-the-end-of-summers-20180817-p4zy7n.html

Wealthy Seek co-founder Andrew Bassat is seen to have the edge in the battle to take over the helm of the St Kilda football club, with president Peter Summers set to depart at the end of the season.

Bassat is understood to have stronger internal support than the rival candidate, former chief executive Jim Watts, who has promised a shake-up and a more hands-on style of presidency.

The St Kilda board has accepted the need for change at the top, as does Summers, who is expected to confirm his departure soon. The club board wants to avoid a confrontation between camps. ‘‘There won’t be a bloodbath,’’ said one club insider.

Bassat is already on the Board. The same board who extended Richos contract. Is he going to be different, or more of what we just had I wonder?

I’ll give it a crack
Right behind you, never leave something to others if you can do it yourself. Watched this club * itself over for 40 years.

Watched club legends moved on and play in other clubs colours only for us never to benefit from it.

Its bad enough Plugger had Girls, but now they are all Sydney fans now and watch Sydney ******* Swans.
Winmar in a bulldogs jumper, makes me want to spew.

sorry, this whole affair, how are we here AGAIN, why do we never learn

No s**t Gil.
Hopefully our new board together with the AFL can wipe the debt on day 1 so the club can have a chance of actually moving forward.

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan is said to be staying out of St Kilda’s presidency contest, although the AFL has been concerned for some time about St Kilda and its on and off-field position. The Saints’ debt exceeds $10 million, owed jointly to the bank and the AFL.

Last edited:
No s**t Gil.
Hopefully our new board together with tge AFL can wipe the debt on day 1 so the club can have a chance of actually moving forward.

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan is said to be staying out of St Kilda’s presidency contest, although the AFL has been concerned for some time about St Kilda and its on and off-field position. The Saints’ debt exceeds $10 million, owed jointly to the bank and the AFL.

Unfortunately the first year of our new, improved deal with the Etihad gate takings has coincided with a shocking season.

Bassat is understood to have stronger internal support than the rival candidate, former chief executive Jim Watts, who has promised a shake-up and a more hands-on style of presidency.

The club board wants to avoid a confrontation between camps. ‘‘There won’t be a bloodbath,’’ said one club insider.

Uh, can I request the Jim Watts Mega Shake Up please?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately the first year of our new, improved deal with the Etihad gate takings has coincided with a shocking season.
You just couldn't make this stuff up !!!!!

We get the best stadium deal in 18 years and have an absolute crapper year.....with below average home game crowds.

Jim Watts for president. Best CEO we ever had.
That's a bit like Michael Voss for coach, best player we ever had, isn't it?

My vision of Watto is tinted with the bitter memory of us squandering pick 17 for his son in 2005. Watts, Gilbert, Rix, Raymond, Sweeney, Corr, that was our draft haul that year. Gahh!

Wish we'd had a strong list manager that year we could have wrapped up that pick and the pick 33 that scored us Sam Gilbert and got a top 10 pick instead, the Lions might have given us pick 9 we could have got Saints fan and Melbourne star Nathan Jones with that pick.

DOCTOR Harry Hindsight to you, spotty.

Well anyway, Bassat for slight re-routing, Watts for Chaosball: I'm tempted by the latter but how much change do we really need? Maybe we're actually doing alright in most areas and just failing in a couple of the crucial ones.

2005. Watts, Gilbert, Rix, Raymond, Sweeney, Corr, that was our draft haul that year. Gahh!
That was a god awful haul wasn't it.
Lets face it, we've had some shocker draft years.
Would have done better just following a phantom draft from Hun or Age.

Make no mistake, Saints have a mountain of work to get into finals after this year. Many things wrong imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back