Richmond just drop the ball close to their bodies when tackled

Remove this Banner Ad

No just depth of view. Here’s the key shot below where the ball is in view and you can see the distance between. Gaj was on the ground trying to get the ball. There was allot of this and I suspect thats the point of the thread. The manner of disposal in these situations.
Good to stay on topic if you can. Trying to introduce new topics or talking over people, doth not make a counter argument.

Cotchin is lucky (in AFL terms this means he gets off MR’s when others don’t for the same infraction) but at some point it’ll come to an end as all good things must. He changed his style of play since his b&f year and all the better for the tuggers. See I don’t need to make things up to make a point or even to compliment. Gaj is a champ hence why Cotch got him a head lock in the first place.

Good luck.

698c6170d66c630c5b8955b02c5eeb87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You realize hes not even making contact there right? Is that the best youve got?

Will the constant complaining from geelong supporters regarding Richmond ever end?
If they could play footy as good as they whinge they would be certainties for a threepeat. Best in the business

Wait until if/when you beat them in a Grand Final. Maybe it's because you beat them in 1967 and they've never forgiven you for it :)

I don't agree with everything you are saying but appreciate your point of view. WRT being last in the free kick count; it's not just being last, it's being last by so much. Umpiring certainly didn't cost us a grand final (yet). We are very lucky to be playing well depsite the lopsided free kick count. Imagine how well we'd be going if the free kick count was -56 rather than -99. We'd still be last on differential but 40-odd free kicks better off.

While I wish this thread wasn’t posted by a Geelong fan just after a loss, the free kick differential is fairly easily explained by game style.

Very effective, but liable to give away frees.

Will the constant complaining from geelong supporters regarding Richmond ever end?
If they could play footy as good as they whinge they would be certainties for a threepeat. Best in the business

Don't worry the same thing happened to us after 2016.

The AFL even changed the third man up and handball interpretation rules to accomodate whingers like Longmire.

The all time King of Whinge has to be Damien Softwick. He's whining on about Jack not getting frees then in the same breath he goes on to say .....

"He doesn't blame, doesn't complain – he just gets on with it and jumps at the ball. It is what it is. Not much we can do about it. Hopefully we’ll get a better result next week."

Well eff me, Mr Softwick. Complete sook that Reiwoldt is on the field, he doesn't need to whinge to the media when you do it for him. Could you imagine Longmire going on a presser and whining about Buddy not getting the frees he deserves. Buddy could get killed by a blunt instrument on live TV and still not get a free. And just to add insult to injury Alex Rance would probably fake his own death to milk one, with Buddy being paid a 50 against him for bleeding on the field and obstructing the player with his corpse.

Buddy's gets a way harder deal than Jack but Horse doesn't whine about it. Grow a pair of balls.

The all time King of Whinge has to be Damien Softwick. He's whining on about Jack not getting frees then in the same breath he goes on to say .....

"He doesn't blame, doesn't complain – he just gets on with it and jumps at the ball. It is what it is. Not much we can do about it. Hopefully we’ll get a better result next week."

Well eff me, Mr Softwick. Complete sook that Reiwoldt is on the field, he doesn't need to whinge to the media when you do it for him. Could you imagine Longmire going on a presser and whining about Buddy not getting the frees he deserves. Buddy could get killed by a blunt instrument on live TV and still not get a free. And just to add insult to injury Alex Rance would probably fake his own death to milk one, with Buddy being paid a 50 against him for bleeding on the field and obstructing the player with his corpse.

Buddy's gets a way harder deal than Jack but Horse doesn't whine about it. Grow a pair of balls.

Mr Softwick??? What are you?? 11?? If you want anyone to take your posts seriously, cut the juvenile insults. If you want any proof that Franklin gets looked after by the umps, just go back to the Rich v Sydney game at Etihad 5-6 weeks ago. Soft frees in marking contests & a 50m penalty that definitely wasn't there.

Your back, whinging and whining.

Mr Sofwick? Must be school holidays

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of teams do it. The AFL seem happy to let incorrect disposal go (in the form of both dropping the ball and throwing) in the interest of keeping the game flowing.

Mr Softwick??? What are you?? 11?? If you want anyone to take your posts seriously, cut the juvenile insults. If you want any proof that Franklin gets looked after by the umps, just go back to the Rich v Sydney game at Etihad 5-6 weeks ago. Soft frees in marking contests & a 50m penalty that definitely wasn't there.
Really, do you honestly think I care one iota whether or not Richmond fans take my posts seriously ? Far from juvenile, the moniker Softwick couldn't be more apt for a coach who whines like a four year old in a press conference. The guy needs to take a spoonful of cement and harden the f up.

Really, do you honestly think I care one iota whether or not Richmond fans take my posts seriously ? Far from juvenile, the moniker Softwick couldn't be more apt for a coach who whines like a four year old in a press conference. The guy needs to take a spoonful of cement and harden the f up.

You know, at first I thought you were a moron, but now, you’ve removed all doubt.

A lot of teams do it. The AFL seem happy to let incorrect disposal go (in the form of both dropping the ball and throwing) in the interest of keeping the game flowing.

Weirdly enough the trick is to just let go of the ball. If you make a noticeable attempt to dispose properly and don't kick/handball you generally get pinged, but if you just drop it in the tackle it tends to be play on.

Wait until if/when you beat them in a Grand Final. Maybe it's because you beat them in 1967 and they've never forgiven you for it :)
Yes it’s becoming clear why you Hawks hate them, bigger group of entitled whingers I’ve never come across.
Not all are obviously but a lot are.

This particular OP is one of the stupidest nonsensical I’ve come across, every single side does this and his midfield has the 3 biggest umpires pets in the entire league by far that requires close to a miracle to have an infringement called against them.

No.Hes tries to get rid of it and gets caught yet theres still no free kick. Thats just an example of #freekickholytrinity
Or gets a free for holding the man.

Cotchin and Rance have been giving the umpires something extra to get the love from the umpires.

Happened last year too, bunch of tools

Remove this Banner Ad

Back