Roast Our fitness department - highly offensive/offended

Remove this Banner Ad

As fans we need to absolutely smash into the media about this, social media, sports show etc. Don't let up, if you want change that's the only way it will happen. And for once Rucci will let it all be aired as it is smashing the Crows. I intend to do so this morning.

Fages sat down with the CrowCast people in February and said exactly the same thing. Ironically, at that point in time, the playing group was at the early stages of imploding, largely because of the systems and measures implemented by Burton and Haas.

Now I'm not saying he should have said "actually, we have some problems at the moment", but it takes a fair degree of optimism or nepotism to be as glowing as he was in light of what was going on at the time.
Unless he wasn’t really aware. Sometimes the ceo finds out these issues far too late. Totally agree with your crow cast chat this week that winning premierships is not our number one focus. We almost need the club to have a financial crisis for it to wake up to why it exists. Being financially sustainable is an important support act but is not a measure of success for a football club.

As fans we need to absolutely smash into the media about this, social media, sports show etc. Don't let up, if you want change that's the only way it will happen. And for once Rucci will let it all be aired as it is smashing the Crows. I intend to do so this morning.

No, he won't.

Rucci wants the Crows to fail so he will be pushing for them to stay, I guarantee you that he'll be arguing that it's all just been bad luck rather than bad management.

The only reason I say this is that back in 2004 there was a group of us on here that weren't happy with the prospect of Neil Craig being given the job. We were very disgruntled about the process and the way we had been fobbed off by the club. We actually made an approach to Rucci thinking that he would love to have access to a group of disgruntled supporters that he could interview and write a hit piece on, but declined and said that he wasn't interested. He then started writing articles that massively pumped up Craig's tyres and endorsed him for the job so his agenda was clear, he will do what he can behind the scenes to help the worst option (in his eyes) come to fruition.

That's why I never buy any of Rucci's bullshit when he tries to argue that people only hate him because he applies a blowtorch to the club, once you look a bit deeper into things you find that he only ever strategically does it and it's always directed at some pointless crap with the sole purpose to try and make the club look bad.

Why write about Adelaide desperately needing to improve their fitness department when you can write about booing Robbie Gray.

No, he won't.

Rucci wants the Crows to fail so he will be pushing for them to stay, I guarantee you that he'll be arguing that it's all just been bad luck rather than bad management.

The only reason I say this is that back in 2004 there was a group of us on here that weren't happy with the prospect of Neil Craig being given the job. We were very disgruntled about the process and the way we had been fobbed off by the club. We actually made an approach to Rucci thinking that he would love to have access to a group of disgruntled supporters that he could interview and write a hit piece on, but declined and said that he wasn't interested. He then started writing articles that massively pumped up Craig's tyres and endorsed him for the job so his agenda was clear, he will do what he can behind the scenes to help the worst option (in his eyes) come to fruition.

That's why I never buy any of Rucci's bullshit when he tries to argue that people only hate him because he applies a blowtorch to the club, once you look a bit deeper into things you find that he only ever strategically does it and it's always directed at some pointless crap with the sole purpose to try and make the club look bad.

Why write about Adelaide desperately needing to improve their fitness department when you can write about booing Robbie Gray.
I recall a long piece about how nuffie latte sipping crows supporters who wanted Trigg gone had NFI.

I know what I’d be “tweaking”. It’s impossible for anyone to know at this stage as the review has not taken place. As per normal, the media make s**t up, and everyone falls for it. IF, it’s found to be true, and neither of them go, THEN, melt. But until the review is done, nobody knows.
Yes but Jenny do you really think these guys Chapman , Fagan and especially good friend Roo going to admit to making a major major disaster decision in bringing Burton back to club and then 2 huge promotions with no success to show why even in minor role let alone one of top 3-4 positions within club.
Then read that Burton leading a review into what went wrong .
MATE it was you that stuffed up everything
pre Season fitness -- sapping heart out of players
Camp.
Continuous hammy etc injuries -- taking all type of cohesion out of team and smashing players and team confidence.
No I will always support strongly my club but will never forgive this walking ego for what done to our proud club and have faith in those in charge if he not pushed out. Only have to demote him and his ego will take over and walk.

Does anyone know if Burton is contracted or paid as staff?

I have heard that Hass has 1 year to go on his contract, is that correct?

Let’s see the size of the AFC’s balls to make the big calls!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

We don't have the cash to pay anyone out and pay their replacement and the tax if we go over the soft cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know what I’d be “tweaking”. It’s impossible for anyone to know at this stage as the review has not taken place. As per normal, the media make s**t up, and everyone falls for it. IF, it’s found to be true, and neither of them go, THEN, melt. But until the review is done, nobody knows.

What review?

I remember posting a meme of princess Leah and R2D2 saying "Save us Roo, you're our only hope" during the Trigg-Sando days.

Can't believe I'm saying this but he's got to go.

The only hope is this is a toes in the water media leak to judge if supporters will let the club get away with it.

If these two clowns actually stay after what they've done to our premiership window the club and Roo can GAGF

It's not, stability = continuity, the entire club is infested with this failing culture. Fagan is a joke and a fraud.

It's not, stability = continuity, the entire club is infested with this failing culture. Fagan is a joke and a fraud.
No, I don't believe he is. What I do believe is that the culture is so strong at the AFC that only a real change agent can resist assimilating. Fages has assimilated.

We all know internal reviews are generally a whitewash. If there's a 'melt' before the review, they might just realize the members won't accept a whitewash and be more diligent with the review findings.

You can almost write off next season already based on these re-appointments. Expect another injury-ravaged season as Burton and Hass do further damage to the squad.
Nice overreaction.

Do you really think the Fitness department would implement the exact same programme next year? I would have preferred that the club look elsewhere, but I can also understand them giving Burton the opportunity to redeem himself. If nothing, else there should be massive learning's taken from this year’s debacle.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back