Preview Rd 22: Changes/prematch discussion vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in Melbourne for a bit and I was contemplating going to Adelaide for the game, if I end up staying in Melbourne where should I go to watch the game? What's the most popular NMFC viewing spot? Do they do anything at Arden street for interstate games?

I'm in Melbourne for a bit and I was contemplating going to Adelaide for the game, if I end up staying in Melbourne where should I go to watch the game? What's the most popular NMFC viewing spot? Do they do anything at Arden street for interstate games?
I haven't been but I believe the Royal Mail on Spencer is very Shinboner friendly.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I haven't been but I believe the Royal Mail on Spencer is very Shinboner friendly.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
No Foxtel there though.

Three Crowns on the corner of Errol and Victoria is NMFC friendly and a great place to watch away games.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Dear Mr Hrovat

Please be honorable, walk up to Brad Scott, punch him in the nose and tell him to play LDU ahead of you this week.

I know you are a good bloke, Nathan.

Thanking you in advance.

P.S. You may as well start training at Princes Park as that will be your home next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you go to Radelaide wait outside the Pub

The selected team this week is a win for everybody really. It’s “classic” Scott, in that he’s backing in players, as is his hallmark. He’s consistent, if nothing else. His rationale, I presume, is that more experienced heads are more likely to get the job done and Brad considers that North are still in the race for finals. On the other hand hand, the team selection is manna from heaven to Scott’s detractors because it reinforces the point they’ve been making all along. If Brad had changed tack and selected McKay, Larkey and LDU, etc and we got flogged, Scott’s detractors would have to explain that away all next week. This way, they get to “be right” , regardless - unless, by some fluke, North makes finals and goes deep.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Hmm, I dunno. When I look at that 22 and the fact that he could still be taking them to finals I think maybe he does have a clue...
He did early on.
He was experimentive, he was cunning - making tactical changes before game and during.
Utilizing a Turner or an Atley or Majak and Waite to turn a game our way, etc.
He was praised and it was refreshing to see.
Post bye however it’s all been reactive deer in headlights s**t reminiscent to 2014-16.
Surely he had that out of his system but it just seems the whole club has dropped off and we are already checked out. Not good enough really considering player availability.

I would accept this point if it was made after one loss where we'd been playing well, but this is on the back of a second half of a season where we've all but squandered an excellent chance to play finals footy.

Not to mention that the exact policy you describe as been the case for most of Brad's tenure, in which we haven't had a single top 4 H&A season finish and he's statistically one of the least successful coaches of all time.
I really hope he doesn’t take over Pagans record without winning a flag.
It would actually be an indictment on the football club and our history.
Pressures on and hopefully Brad himself sees the writing on the wall if it’s come to that. We deserve better as an organisation.

The selected team this week is a win for everybody really. It’s “classic” Scott, in that he’s backing in players, as is his hallmark. He’s consistent, if nothing else. His rationale, I presume, is that more experienced heads are more likely to get the job done and Brad considers that North are still in the race for finals. On the other hand hand, the team selection is manna from heaven to Scott’s detractors because it reinforces the point they’ve been making all along. If Brad had changed tack and selected McKay, Larkey and LDU, etc and we got flogged, Scott’s detractors would have to explain that away all next week. This way, they get to “be right” , regardless - unless, by some fluke, North makes finals and goes deep.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There's only one flaw in this argument - if we did get flogged in Adelaide under the alternative scenario, it would not be due to McKay, Larkey and LDU being there instead of Thommo / Tarrant (whoever is the more injured), McDonald and Hrovat/Atley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back