No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe people are dragging Saint Ross into this. Blasphemy!

Someone said Ross should be sacked for not standing up to the Board and forcing them to ditch our list management model in 2014. That's next level laughable. Altogether different to say Ross should be sacked for his coaching. But that's not what the poster I responded to was saying at all. Quite the opposite.

Blood is thicker than water. Ross’s Mum and sister will always think he’s the best and nothing he does can ever be wrong. It’s just how it is.

Yep, after 6-7 years of the worst drafting in Freo's history it's Ross who will carry the can. You know it makes sense.

Put down your Ross coloured glasses.

That's footy. Ross has been around long enough to know that it is the coach who bears the ultimate responsibility for on field performance. You should know that too.

'It's not Ross it's the list' lol you f***ing muppets. :$

Yeah, Fyfe, Mundy, Neale are sooo s**t.

And they get very little support from Sandi, Walters, the two Hills, Langdon, Hamling, Wilson and Blakely.

If only we had some young developing talent on the list instead of Cerra, Brayshaw, Darcy, Cox, Ryan, Crowden, Giro, Pearce and Banfield.

Our list isn’t the best but it’s far from the worst and we should be doing better with what we’ve got. Signing Bennell, Balla and Sandi hasn’t helped imo

I feel like we are a bottom 4 club at the moment. Carlton, Saints, Gold Coast. Everyone else looks better run than us. From coaching to management.

Maybe better than Kangaroos.

Can anyone put up an argument that we are better run than any other club?

I feel like we are a bottom 4 club at the moment. Carlton, Saints, Gold Coast. Everyone else looks better run than us. From coaching to management.

You can see Rosich is in a continual "AFL HQ interview" cycle. Cant see him making the changes..looking at you Bond.

Someone said Ross should be sacked for not standing up to the Board and forcing them to ditch our list management model in 2014. That's next level laughable. Altogether different to say Ross should be sacked for his coaching. But that's not what the poster I responded to was saying at all. Quite the opposite.

If Ross gets the sack will you still support Freo or will you switch teams again?

The thing that irritates me most is that everyone at the club trots out the same meaningless platitudes week after week despite serving up appalling and completely unwatchable football. The rubbish we served up against Hawthorn a few weeks ago combined with yesterday’s dismal effort has completely undone any optimism I’d previously had from seeing us playing such a young team.

It was painfully clear after 5 minutes of the round one game versus the Bulldogs in 2016 that we were cooked and going no where. And I’ve lost count of the number of appalling losses we’ve had since then (both home and away) as we’ve now once again become a laughing stock.

Given how bad we have been, I will be absolutely furious if we stick with exactly the same coaching team again for 2019. Clearly what we are doing isn’t working and we at the very least need some fresh ideas.

The thing that irritates me most is that everyone at the club trots out the same meaningless platitudes week after week despite serving up appalling and completely unwatchable football. The rubbish we served up against Hawthorn a few weeks ago combined with yesterday’s dismal effort has completely undone any optimism I’d previously had from seeing us playing such a young team.

It was painfully clear after 5 minutes of the round one game versus the Bulldogs in 2016 that we were cooked and going no where. And I’ve lost count of the number of appalling losses we’ve had since then (both home and away) as we’ve now once again become a laughing stock.

Given how bad we have been, I will be absolutely furious if we stick with exactly the same coaching team again for 2019. Clearly what we are doing isn’t working and we at the very least need some fresh ideas.
I would say from the second Eagles game in 2015 we have been on the downhill slide. Went from the top of ladder that year and haven't got it together since. Assistants that may have challenged Ross or had major training responsibilities left or demoted after 2015 and replaced by no experience yes men. Ross's contract extended for 5 years not long after in March 2016.

Now Bond is smugly defending keeping all assistants and himself on contacts for at least next year and further for some. Does this also include the rower performance manager in charge of nothing in particular?

You get a contract.
You get a contract.
You get a contract.
We all get contracts!

I still want to know what our rowing coach has done to contribute to ours and the competitions worst ever performance.

He is the invisible link........I also think we need to replace Bond .He is our football manager I think and things are not getting better.

hard to sell hope and memberships if nothing changes. Ross probably has next year but doubt any longer . I expect to lose with the side we are playing but 10ish games losing by more than 50 points is unacceptable.

Also our injury prevention and recovery seems to be a continual problem.Could be bad luck?????

Lots of bloody hard work and changes needed over the summer. Another season like this with new stadium could be financially disastrous on top of everything else

After the signings this week followed by Bond proudly saying that we’ll go into next season with the exact same coaches as this year, I actually think we’re the worst.

Saints, Carlton and GC are making improvements or at least trying to. We on the other hand are continually repeating what currently isn’t working but expecting different or improved results.

I would say from the second Eagles game in 2015 we have been on the downhill slide. Went from the top of ladder that year and haven't got it together since. Assistants that may have challenged Ross or had major training responsibilities left or demoted after 2015 and replaced by no experience yes men. Ross's contract extended for 5 years not long after in March 2016.

Now Bond is smugly defending keeping all assistants and himself on contacts for at least next year and further for some. Does this also include the rower performance manager in charge of nothing in particular?

You get a contract.
You get a contract.
You get a contract.
We all get contracts!

Spot on assessment. I know it’s been a very unpopular opinion around here but I’ve always said that we’ve under achieved in every season from, and including 2014. That’s 5 seasons of not getting near what we should’ve got. It’s not all bad luck surely, and yet no one seems to be held responsible nor changes and improvements made.
It really is not surprising that we’ve been tagged the club that happily accepts mediocrity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Ross gets the sack will you still support Freo or will you switch teams again?

Yes, I will still support Freo, and no amount of incompetence will induce me to do otherwise. Corruption is where I draw the line but I doubt any decision of Freo's to sack Ross will be a symptom of that.

I hope this news comforts and delights you as much as the interest shown by you and the many posters who liked your post flatters and delights me.

Yes, I will still support Freo, and no amount of incompetence will induce me to do otherwise. Corruption is where I draw the line but I doubt any decision of Freo's to sack Ross will be a symptom of that.

I hope this news comforts and delights you as much as the interest shown by you and the many posters who liked your post flatters and delights me.

I wasn't having a swipe at you. If you continue to support Freo or leave that's totally up to you.

I just remember that you came over because of RL being appointed.

It was out of interest as I can still see you are quite strong with your support of him and can see him being moved on sooner than later.

I wasn't having a swipe at you. If you continue to support Freo or leave that's totally up to you.

I just remember that you came over because of RL being appointed.

It was out of interest as I can still see you are quite strong with your support of him and can see him being moved on sooner than later.

Please don't feel obliged to explain yourself to me Jedi. As I said, I'm flattered by your interest and humbled by your magnanimity in allowing me to continue to support Freo even if Ross is sacked. Fingers crossed it happens soon.. I could do with a good laugh.

Record number of fines this weekend from the MRP and not one of our players cited. No one even cares enough to have gone the biff. I guess first you have to get stand enough to them to hit them

You are the Lyon era Roundhouse.
2g7g95.jpg

How about Lyon saying in the presser that re-signing Sandi, Bennell and Ballas on 1 year deals was an example of our great retention rate. ******* lol.

Like re-signing 3 players that no other club would touch for various reasons is a big win for us. It's delusional. If we can announce key signings like Cerra and B. Hill, who are actually part of our future and at risk of leaving then I'll be first on here praising our retention rate. Until then, don't patronize us

Back in the day the tribunal laid charges for undue rough play now called rough conduct , I think about 18 of our 22 could be charged with undue soft play . But don't worry they can accept a $1,000 fine with an early guilty plea.

I'd rate our list around 8-12. Next year with more experience I don't think it falls into that bracket. We can't have another 2017/18.

Yes there are holes and some suspect drafting could really * us and turn our peak (if that ever comes) into 4-6 rather than guaranteed top 4, but there's enough talent to justify a challenge for the top 8 with a mostly fit best 22.

I'd rate our list around 8-12. Next year with more experience I don't think it falls into that bracket. We can't have another 2017/18.

Yes there are holes and some suspect drafting could really **** us and turn our peak (if that ever comes) into 4-6 rather than guaranteed top 4, but there's enough talent to justify a challenge for the top 8 with a mostly fit best 22.

I agree but the bolded bit is crucial and if we dont significant changes/improvements to our sports science dept it just won’t happen.

We fix that area up, it’ll get us more wins but if we don’t improve our coaching dept, it’ll all be for nought. Our current coaching team is not good enough to deliver finals success let alone a premiership imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back