No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can tell the guys under pressure , has the ‘trinity’ and was expected to finish top 4 and now they will get in only after flogging two sets off witches hats pre finals at home
And they can have a proper home final , build a stadium that holds 50-60k then qualify for it !

They got a home final a little while back and promptly coughed it up to Freo.

You’d think they’d be embarrassed enough by that to STFU.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Message for any media / press types that are lurking.
When Ross the Boss Lyon turns the heat on you guys for asking a perfectly reasonable question about the Freo rebuild.
One have some facts about length of time and so forth a rebuild should take and has taken to fire back should he get all shitty.
Two when all else fails and he has made you feel feeble for not doing your homework, ask him how the relationship with female staffers are going these days.

Or just say “ looks like Clarko’s done it in about 30 games...”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

hawkz

Team Captain
Apr 1, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is it better for Wce or Melbourne to win today?

West Coast losing means slim chance we can make to 2nd spot - but Melbourne/GWS can overtake and we finish it 6th place (assuming we lose).

West Coast winning means no chance of top 2 but we still only finish 6th lowest.

In other words it is probably better for WC to lose - but really it is just a matter of determining which opposition we play in the first final (assuming we don't get top 4)

You can tell the guys under pressure , has the ‘trinity’ and was expected to finish top 4 and now they will get in only after flogging two sets off witches hats pre finals at home
And they can have a proper home final , build a stadium that holds 50-60k then qualify for it !
No they should not get a final at Geelong. Why play a final at pissant suburb country town. AFL ****ed up playing there in 2013 now the freaks expect to get one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buzz Hawk

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2017
Buttox
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If we beat Sydney and west coast lose their next 2, means we have the potential to come second.
That’s ambitious but possible I suppose.
Hell if you look at that way we could lose to Sydney and still finish top four.
Would require freo to beat the magpies by more than 5 goals but hey it’s all ladder predictor speculation isn’t it.

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That’s ambitious but possible I suppose.
Hell if you look at that way we could lose to Sydney and still finish top four.
Would require freo to beat the magpies by more than 5 goals but hey it’s all ladder predictor speculation isn’t it.

Seeing the pies drop out of the four would be great.

Buzz Hawk

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2017
Buttox
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Seeing the pies drop out of the four would be great.
Funny thing is I don’t really mind the magpies and certainly don’t hate them as I do other sides.
Buckley should be commended with where he has them with such a decimated list this year.
I like the coach and person he seems to have become. Sure he was the biggest figjam as a player but as a coach and person over the last few years he has become much more thoughtful and reflective. He seems to get “it” a lot more, which i suppose he had to if he was going to survive as a coach.
His twitter feed is quite an interesting insight into his character.

Bumps"N"Grins

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sell the team Dolan
Help

Stuck at a footy game, if you can call it that out in the sticks, because my daughter is umpiring.
She usually dose reserves men's grade but today she is doing a women's league final.
My head is starting to turn to mush, oh god if there is one take me now.
This is tedious.

Buzz Hawk

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2017
Buttox
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Help

Stuck at a footy game, if you can call it that out in the sticks, because my daughter is umpiring.
She usually dose reserves men's grade but today she is doing a women's league final.
This is tedious.
Beer. Much beer.
(Only if you’re not driving of course).

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Have you seen this? Have you heard about this? http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-18/afl-flags-independent-concussion-officials-

Now to the rational mind, this looks like a pretty good idea. Remove the implied game result pressure from any game day concussion diagnosis.

But this is the AFL we're talking about. And we all know they love themselves a wobbly, opaque policy in the name of equalisation. And they like to use the word "independent" when describing them. I see it playing out a little bit like this...

Scene: Metricon Stadium - GCS v HAW

Early in the 2nd quarter.....

Yeah Clarko, it's Seb Guthrie here, the AFL Independent Concussion Officer. Bad news mate - Tom Mitchell has been diagnosed as concussed.

Clarko: What are you on about Seb - he's just had 3 clearances and delivered a perfect inside 50?

Yeah, yeah mate. It's pretty bad. He's done for the day I'm afraid. Luke Breust is not looking too good either.

Clarko: What sort of happy crappy are your trying to pull here Seb?

Don't be like that Clarko. Concussion is a serious problem and the AFL is a world leader in sports management. I'm just doing my job here. It's not my fault that Mitchell - and yeah, definitely Breust now as well - have been concussed today. Just as it was not my fault that Sicily was concussed during meal service on the flight up here and that Stratton was concussed running through the banner. Concussion is a complicated issue and the head must be sacrosanct.

:p

Just wondering if there's a case for concussion testing for AFL executives.

Maybloomer

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Help

This is tedious.
It could be worse. You could be at Etihad Stadium.

Carlton and Bulldogs 4 goals each to half time under the roof. Seriously?!?! :thumbsdown:

There was, very recently, a team that couldn’t kick a single goal in the quarter under the roof at Etihad so this low scoring is not a new phenomenon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back