Bluemour Discussion Thread IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a fair point mate but I’d throw back at you what happens if the same scenario comes up 12 months later? Freo trade again? It’d be a never ending cycle.

I’ll clarify by saying I mean trading him for a draft pick. If it was for another player they deemed worthy and wanted to be there it’d be a different story.

Agree. It’s so important that a club do it’s best to have the best environment and the best recruitment to keep and maintain players. Same if we pick Lukosius for example.

Not every system is perfect

Player can take nuclear option and walk to draft once his contract expires and his ex-team gets nothing. Can't do that in contract.

Pity he's not out of contract this year given our ladder position!

There have been precious few quality players that have walked to the draft in the last 20 years and that could see him finish anywhere anyway.

But to put a different slant on it: Why would another team trade the equivalent of a low first round pick in what is seen as a very strong draft when they know that they could have Freo over a barrel in twelve months time?

What if the player says I’ll be going home next year anyway? Does the club want to develop him for another year or let him sit in the reserves where his value drops?

Club may well be happy to move him on, get some value now and replace with a player that wants to be at the club

Any club that made a decision to leave a player in the Ressies under those circumstances would be a seriously unprofessional organisation that deserved all it received in trade week.

If Kelly leaves GWS it will be for North with his family connection.

Why do so many think we’d have any chance of luring Kelly to Carlton???

Last year Kelly was choosing between us and GWS. He decided to stay for another 2 years. Odds are he will want to come home at end of next year. With improvement and money we will have I reckon we are a very good chance of landing him.

Last year Kelly was choosing between us and GWS. He decided to stay for another 2 years. Odds are he will want to come home at end of next year. With improvement and money we will have I reckon we are a very good chance of landing him.

I may have missed something here but I thought he was weighing up a return to Melbourne last year, I didn't hear that he had chosen one club.

In fact I seem to remember that North had thrown a heap of money at him and were confident of landing him.

Perhaps you know something different?

if so, that sounds promising for next year.

I may have missed something here but I thought he was weighing up a return to Melbourne last year, I didn't hear that he had chosen one club.

In fact I seem to remember that North had thrown a heap of money at him and were confident of landing him.

Some of our inside info posters were confident that it was between us and GWS and ultimately he chose to stay.

Still believe North would lead the race, if he was to return home next year

There have been precious few quality players that have walked to the draft in the last 20 years and that could see him finish anywhere anyway.

But to put a different slant on it: Why would another team trade the equivalent of a low first round pick in what is seen as a very strong draft when they know that they could have Freo over a barrel in twelve months time?
Because in trade week, reputation is still important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Teague isnt going anywhere. Just saw a nice moment between him and TDK. Gave him some confidence and affirming words before the game. Loves the place and players.
I saw that too even better he stood on the mark before he kicked for goal
Pet peeve of mine kicking for goal with no one on the Mark train like you play is important
Teague is great addition to our coaching staff I’ve noticed patterns free players leads ect that are very promising already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back