Review Dees v Eagles Götterdämmerung - the Good, Bad & Season Ending - Rd 22, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite a few said that 5 changes was "panic" but all 5 ins were good. Kent came to life when it mattered in the second half, and Weid, though waateful, played one of his best games for us.

IF we make finals will we be playing on a saturday/sunday ?
Should find out next week.
Having my birthday party/Fathers Day at the Olive At Loch (Max's mums bakery) either on that Saturday or Sunday and can't confirm the date with my family until the finals fixture is released.
Don't want it to clash with a final.

Having my birthday party/Fathers Day at the Olive At Loch (Max's mums bakery) either on that Saturday or Sunday and can't confirm the date with my family until the finals fixture is released.

You should be safe for Sunday, they haven’t had a Sunday final since 2015.

Congratulations Dees. It is so hard to win in the west....
Enjoy the ride and may you go deep into the finals.

Not sure the afl have another Feel Good story up thier sleeve ala 16' with you guys but I can always dream.

Come one, three years of draught breaking is better for the brand than a Richmond B2B

Thanks, now we know when to find u and where! :D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was a win for the lesser lights that have copped alot of abuse at Melbourne from all of us.

Harmes is playing with a streak of arrogance at the moment that's making him a bloody good player, I remember when he missed the shot on the run from 50 last year and everyone was calling him selfish and to be delisted but I loved it. It was a man taking the pressure of a situation on his shoulders.

Vanders was as physical as hell and I reckon he's lost weight, he looked almost quick a few times chasing blokes and he's looking best 22 for mine.

Weid played the exact game Hogan doesn't, unselfish. didn't impact the scoreboard but he brought the ball to ground often and as soon as it was there he tackled like a monster. He isn't a better player but we will play better with him as a 2nd forward over Hogan imo.

Kent.. nuff said.

Frost played the game of his life, couple huge intercept marks, destroyed his opponent and even kicked well. He was a monster.

I thought ANB was incredible with his work rate. So often watching you could see him passing players between the arcs as he ran to either defend or attack.

Hannan was awesome forward, really dangerous and his tackling pressure was elite. Also kicked his goals when needed. Could be the best a few of these guys can play.

This was a win for the lesser lights that have copped alot of abuse at Melbourne from all of us.

Harmes is playing with a streak of arrogance at the moment that's making him a bloody good player, I remember when he missed the shot on the run from 50 last year and everyone was calling him selfish and to be delisted but I loved it. It was a man taking the pressure of a situation on his shoulders.

Vanders was as physical as hell and I reckon he's lost weight, he looked almost quick a few times chasing blokes and he's looking best 22 for mine.

Weid played the exact game Hogan doesn't, unselfish. didn't impact the scoreboard but he brought the ball to ground often and as soon as it was there he tackled like a monster. He isn't a better player but we will play better with him as a 2nd forward over Hogan imo.

Kent.. nuff said.

Frost played the game of his life, couple huge intercept marks, destroyed his opponent and even kicked well. He was a monster.

I thought ANB was incredible with his work rate. So often watching you could see him passing players between the arcs as he ran to either defend or attack.

Hannan was awesome forward, really dangerous and his tackling pressure was elite. Also kicked his goals when needed. Could be the best a few of these guys can play.

I called it pre game about wied - he will be good as one of top 2 forwards but no space to prove himself until today in my opinion

Ripper game - real team first huge crabs crashing the pack and second efforts I love it. I think he could get really good- higher ceiling than hoges in some ways I think

And I agree there is something about him that just is better for our structure than hoges - I think it’s his ability to take big contested grabs around the ground but not sure as I watched alot with one eye

And Ol Chimpers!

Alot of media suggesting Gawn is the most valuable play in the comp.

For mine, Melksham is just about our most valuable at the moment. Im almost certain we beat Sydney last week if he was playing.

We are an 8 goal better side with him up there. He either kicks a goal, sets up a goal or halves the contest every time it goes near him.

11 score involvements including 4 goals and 2 direct assists.

I called it pre game about wied - he will be good as one of top 2 forwards but no space to prove himself until today in my opinion

Ripper game - real team first huge crabs crashing the pack and second efforts I love it. I think he could get really good- higher ceiling than hoges in some ways I think

And I agree there is something about him that just is better for our structure than hoges - I think it’s his ability to take big contested grabs around the ground but not sure as I watched alot with one eye

And Ol Chimpers!
Itchy!

I made my thoughts Weid clear on the Changes thread.

Well I saw enough yesterday to think we have a good player there.

Needs a huge pre season to eliminate those invisible patches he has in games, but if he gets one, I'll put my faith in him!

Weidy stuck it up the haters, especially in the first half

Don't mind his missed shots at goal, he's normally a beautiful kick, just so good to see him compete in the air and butter up with 2nd efforts/tackles

WEED!!

I wouldn't go that far... :tearsofjoy:

Played his role, looked like a poor man's Pedo of the past couple of years TBH.

It will do moving forward for the remainder of the season, deserves to hold his place, but i still want more than that game if at all possible, pretty please. :hearts:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back