Strategy St Kilda's new President

Remove this Banner Ad

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
If you want a billionaire then you will need the Fox back at $3.56 Billion.

Bassatt owns SEEK with his brother.
He is not in the current AFR Top 200 Rich list which bottoms out at $387 million.

In 2015 he was reportedly worth a bit more than (as he would have other assets):
Andrew Bassat
Company: SEEk
Value of shares: $ 234.2 million
Role: CEO
Total remuneration: $4,209,747

But remember that money alone does not make a good president.
And Fox is the perfect example of that

I think its time for the members, if possible, to call an Extraordinary General Meeting. Is it possible? I would hope so in a membership organisation. So what do we need to do to make it happen?

What I'm hearing is that Bassett has the edge because he's Gerry Ryan's preference. Gerry Ryan may be a substantial benefactor to the Club, however it doesn't mean he should run it just because of his philanthropy. Unless he puts his hand up to be President.

He may be right about Bassett or he may be completely wrong, at the end of the day he is only 1 member.

I'm leaning towards Watts, because he was involved in the Club under Butters and Thomas, a time we got about with our shoulders straight and chest out. I'd like to see what both have to offer and decide in a demographic fashion. The Club has not earned our confidence to let them decide among themselves.

Wouldn't it be nice if Bassett put forward his vision, Watts put forward his vision and then the Members voted on it. Its called democracy and a mob of 40,0000 is more likely to ge it right.
I'm assuming to call an EGM a few members would need to sign for one. I've not no idea because I can't find our constitution

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
there would be no point to hold an EGM so close to the AGM... i may be wrong but i believe the only way we get to choose who gets to be pres is if one of the two raise a rival ticket to the current board then that will be voted on by the members.. the board themselves can co-opt a person on to become Pres without an election so if Summers does step down then the board will have the right to choose the pres if thats Bassat then the only way Watts can take on the role is to raise a rival ticket ...

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
If Bassat becomes the next president, what are the chances Watts would go on the board?
i guess that depends on if Watts has amition to be the Pres only or if he just wants to bring his influence to the board ....
from what we are getting told by the media there will be a few movments around the board level so it could be a posibility ...

If you want a billionaire then you will need the Fox back at $3.56 Billion.

Bassatt owns SEEK with his brother.
He is not in the current AFR Top 200 Rich list which bottoms out at $387 million.

In 2015 he was reportedly worth a bit more than (as he would have other assets):
Andrew Bassat
Company: SEEk
Value of shares: $ 234.2 million
Role: CEO
Total remuneration: $4,209,747

But remember that money alone does not make a good president.
Can’t we find a spot on the board for Lindsay too?

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
I'm assuming to call an EGM a few members would need to sign for one. I've not no idea because I can't find our constitution

You need a rival ticket for that occur, in which case ballots can be asked if required from members, otherwise a spill occurs and internal voting rights handles it without calling for an EGM.

At the moment all you have is conjecture, so will be handled at the AGM if at all.

there would be no point to hold an EGM so close to the AGM... i may be wrong but i believe the only way we get to choose who gets to be pres is if one of the two raise a rival ticket to the current board then that will be voted on by the members.. the board themselves can co-opt a person on to become Pres without an election so if Summers does step down then the board will have the right to choose the pres if thats Bassat then the only way Watts can take on the role is to raise a rival ticket ...

There would if roles were untenable and bound to breaking, as you EGM to resolve and AGM to reaffirm/change course depending on the resolution of the EGM.

You are correct in that current board need an opposition before any ballot is held from the members, in which case parties can then petition members for votes, as an example,the Lions held one in 2013;
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-15/crisis-meeting-for-lions

THE BRISBANE Lions will hold an Extraordinary General Meeting on November 13 to resolve its board spill, chairman Angus Johnson announced on Tuesday.
In a letter to the club's members, Johnson confirmed the EGM where he would be opposed by a ticket led by current directors Mick Power and Paul Williams.

Considering Summers is voluntarily stepping down from the role it is unlikely there will be anything but a transition period with whomever then takes up the role, I'd be looking more at October / November for actual movement and this is simply a holding pattern of scuttlebutt and innuendo for those not featuring in finals to "get a head start".

Fox is a turd, one of my mum's friends husbands worked for Linsey Fox and had lots to do with him personally. He has some stories about his personal interactions that don't reflect well on LF. Another family friend had property in Portsea and dealt with him over beach access. He's a bully and a mean spirited man.

Ads734

Premiership Player
Jan 24, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
One positive about Basset is his brother Paul is an AFL commissioner now I have no idea if that would have any relevance to anything any kind of deal or whatever would probably constitute a conflict of interest but at the very least somebody on the commission with our best interests at heart can only be s good thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One positive about Basset is his brother Paul is an AFL commissioner now I have no idea if that would have any relevance to anything any kind of deal or whatever would probably constitute a conflict of interest but at the very least somebody on the commission with our best interests at heart can only be s good thing

Well Ads, I’m not sure Dill being a Saints supporter has helped us in any way though! ;)

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
Fox is a turd, one of my mum's friends husbands worked for Linsey Fox and had lots to do with him personally. He has some stories about his personal interactions that don't reflect well on LF. Another family friend had property in Portsea and dealt with him over beach access. He's a bully and a mean spirited man.

And don't believe the battler's story about the single coal truck. Made his start in sly grogging and "assistance" from helpful police. Still runs Xmas parties for the Prahran Police. Has a whole stable of ex coppers on the books at Linfox. Recently sacked/resigned and disgraced Doug "deep fat" Fryer is the latest. Fair Dinkum, the joint is a retirement home for former high ranking coppers.

Interesting that those not in the executive ranks attract the same attention. A complete and accomplished campaigner. Still, it's his business, but he comes with the usual and spin and bullshitting.

And don't believe the battler's story about the single coal truck. Made his start in sly grogging and "assistance" from helpful police. Still runs Xmas parties for the Prahran Police. Has a whole stable of ex coppers on the books at Linfox. Recently sacked/resigned and disgraced Doug "deep fat" Fryer is the latest. Fair Dinkum, the joint is a retirement home for former high ranking coppers.

Interesting that those not in the executive ranks attract the same attention. A complete and accomplished campaigner. Still, it's his business, but he comes with the usual and spin and bullshitting.

Yeah, when I left school I worked for Myer and some of the old guys there told stories about Lin Fox and his colourful Windsor days. He was definitely doing sly grog and other sly cartage gigs, heard similar that he had a network of police and pollies on the take.

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
Yeah, when I left school I worked for Myer and some of the old guys there told stories about Lin Fox and his colourful Windsor days. He was definitely doing sly grog and other sly cartage gigs, heard similar that he had a network of police and pollies on the take.

Your mail was spot on, gringo. I even got offered a cushy job when I left the job. I know his neighbours, the Tescowthicks from Portsea, the losers of the Mcewans fortune. Farked it with Harris Scarfe. Like a lot of rich people they thought they were above the law and the idiot sons of Sir Don, Mark and Adam were swallowed by their dishonesty and stupidity.

At least we enjoyed pegging their equally clueless daughters. They loved playing with the average and working folk. Detectives were fascinating to them. We were so dirty and lower class, mixing with the common folk.

What a bunch of painful campaigners they were. One of my mates even married one of them. It didn't last. Still, he did well out of it . If they hadn't have money, nobody would've pissed on them. Sir Don's wife insisted on being called "Lady T". Never did a thing to deserve the title. Never called her that, much to her chagrin. She pulled me up a couple of times, but I didn't have the heart to tell her why I held her in complete contempt. A member of the thuggish Labour right at the time, she was my natural enemy. Theresa, Tanya, Terry.....anything but her real name. Oh, what fun!

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda

Also helps with the annulment of speeding fines I’m told .

#gosaintas

Cancelled
Veteran Reimagine Moorabbin
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Your mail was spot on, gringo. I even got offered a cushy job when I left the job. I know his neighbours, the Tescowthicks from Portsea, the losers of the Mcewans fortune. Farked it with Harris Scarfe. Like a lot of rich people they thought they were above the law and the idiot sons of Sir Don, Mark and Adam were swallowed by their dishonesty and stupidity.

At least we enjoyed pegging their equally clueless daughters. They loved playing with the average and working folk. Detectives were fascinating to them. We were so dirty and lower class, mixing with the common folk.

What a bunch of painful campaigners they were. One of my mates even married one of them. It didn't last. Still, he did well out of it . If they hadn't have money, nobody would've pissed on them. Sir Don's wife insisted on being called "Lady T". Never did a thing to deserve the title. Never called her that, much to her chagrin. She pulled me up a couple of times, but I didn't have the heart to tell her why I held her in complete contempt. A member of the thuggish Labour right at the time, she was my natural enemy. Theresa, Tanya, Terry.....anything but her real name. Oh, what fun!

I do enjoy reading some of your stuff.
God knows if any of it is true but who cares...

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
i hear that through the re-imagine Moorabbin fund raising efforts one name has been noticably absent from any donation ...
Lindsay Fox really doesnt want anything to do with St Kilda and is now days more likly to give Carlton a leg up before i helps St Kilda ....

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
May 19, 2013
i hear that through the re-imagine Moorabbin fund raising efforts one name has been noticably absent from any donation ...
Lindsay Fox really doesnt want anything to do with St Kilda and is now days more likly to give Carlton a leg up before i helps St Kilda ....
Think you might find Stkilda footy club don’t want fox involved with the club

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Think you might find Stkilda footy club don’t want fox involved with the club
honestly i think the club would take the cash donation from Satan himself .... but as for being involved in the running of the club i would say you are bang on they wouldnt want him anywhere near that ... but the chump change in his car ashtray would prob pay for the swimming pool to be installed at Moorabbin

Talking about daughters Lindsay Fox daughter is something that you would avoid even after 10 beers. Dingo.

Knew one of the Fox boys pretty average bloke.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back