THE BOARD. PAFC DIRECTORS. Why? Just why? 😢

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Agree 100% Cya holly or should I say don't let the door hit your backside!

We need someone footy qualified and representative of diff culture. jassmin Abdel-Magied might be a good pick, not sure if you've mentioned her name yet? time for a BIG SHAKEUP
I'm not even sure what the joke is with half of your posts any more

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Port Boards have not always been filled with champion footballers but the people on our Board all had some long standing connection with the PAFC prior to their election. They would not have got on if they didn't. The other thing about the old PAFC Board is it was accessible. You could always have a beer after the game with the likes of Davey Boyd, Geoff Monteleone, Ian McDonald, Barry Wilson, David Judd etc. You could always find out why decisions were made. These days we live in a corporate world where only a few of us get to move in the rarefied atmosphere that the Board of Directors move in. One day during the days of Brett Duncanson's tenure I went to the after game function in the Magarey Room at AAMI. There was a ******* great tape down the centre of the room with Corporates one side and common people the other. I knew then that times had changed and I never went to another PAFC after match function.

I realise times change and the old days are gone forever but so it seems is on field success.

Maybe I am the Che Guevara of the PAFC a noted dissident with a lust for revolution? :think:

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams

We need someone footy qualified and representative of diff culture. jassmin Abdel-Magied might be a good pick, not sure if you've mentioned her name yet? time for a BIG SHAKEUP

I have not said Ms Ransom doesn't have expertise but she doesn't have much football background either. I have also mentioned several others in the same situation the majority of who are male.

PS It is Yassmin Abdel-Magied and she is as racist as those she criticises. As is evident in her Tweets about Australia's convict heritage. If she was appointed to the Board meetings would have to be tele conferenced because she is currently slagging Australia off from London.

Port Boards have not always been filled with champion footballers but the people on our Board all had some long standing connection with the PAFC prior to their election. They would not have got on if they didn't. The other thing about the old PAFC Board is it was accessible. You could always have a beer after the game with the likes of Davey Boyd, Geoff Monteleone, Ian McDonald, Barry Wilson, David Judd etc. You could always find out why decisions were made. These days we live in a corporate world where only a few of us get to move in the rarefied atmosphere that the Board of Directors move in. One day during the days of Brett Duncanson's tenure I went to the after game function in the Magarey Room at AAMI. There was a ******* great tape down the centre of the room with Corporates one side and common people the other. I knew then that times had changed and I never went to another PAFC after match function.

I realise times change and the old days are gone forever but so it seems is on field success.

Maybe I am the Che Guevara of the PAFC a noted dissident with a lust for revolution? :think:
Mate, you are no dissident.

The scene you describe is appalling. This happened at a time when the ‘Corporates’ of whom you speak were as shonky as they come?

I am sure this crass ignorance no longer prevails. Certainly it didn’t in 2013 when my bucket list started playing and I was invited to club functions pre- and post-match at Footy Park and in 2014-2015 at Adelaide Oval.

She's like a cryptocurrency.

No-one's entirely sure what she does, how she works, whether she'll one day be worth $10,000,000 or $0.01, but boy oh boy, everyone's talking about her and merely having her around seems to make zeitgeist-prone males feel much better about themselves.

The irony being that Holly was meant to improve supporter engagement with millennials. I don't think it's ever been worse.

Mar 10, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The reply would be the punchline...

Anyways, from the Emergent site:

People often say to us “why change something if it works?”, our response: “so it keeps working!” At Emergent we serve as a trusted change ally for individuals, teams and organisations seeking to transform how they work in order to realise next-level results. We lean in to leaders and organisations who have a challenger mindset and a genuine preparedness to shake up the way they think, work and lead. We help challenge their thinking, evolve their strategy and build capability to engage with market challenges head-on, unlocking new opportunities, outcomes and value.

I know it's 90% corporate wank but the coaches + KT + Davies should be booked for a session over the offseason.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Mate, you are no dissident.

The scene you describe is appalling. This happened at a time when the ‘Corporates’ of whom you speak were as shonky as they come?

I am sure this crass ignorance no longer prevails. Certainly it didn’t in 2013 when my bucket list started playing and I was invited to club functions pre- and post-match at Footy Park and in 2014-2015 at Adelaide Oval.

Yes it was the same time they put the fences up in the outer at AAMI to keep the first and second class supporters separated. I am sure we have moved on from those days.

The irony being that Holly was meant to improve supporter engagement with millennials. I don't think it's ever been worse.
I would guess that this is what Oliver Shawyer has just been recruited to enact as GM Marketing & Digital.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Well we can assume she bought more emojis into our social media communications which was a pleasing development.

We definitely needed emojis in that
0031-20e3.png
0031-20e3.png
TH WIN! video

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I've only come into the middle of this so I can't judge if you're serious or not but if it is a joke I can't bring myself to laugh with the mention of that Jassmin (if it's the correct spelling). She shows disdain towards many groups living in this country.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

She expresses a lot of disdain towards groups living in this country.

Koch said a couple of years ago the board spends very little time talking footy. It talks about strategy.

That made sense when we almost went under, had no money, had to get rid of the SANFL, negotiated the reunification, move to AO, fill up the book of corporate sponsors, start the ball rolling on China, the community stuff etc.

Its time for the board to start talking footy. Even a bit of micro managing over the off season. Dont want them to do that long term but it's time for the board to get its hands dirty and go and lift the bonnet and fix the engine room of the core operations - the football.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Thanks for the input folks. I tuned in not knowing what Holly Ransom's role was but I now understand that she was appointed specifically to work on a strategy to engage millenials. I now know she is working with Marketing & Digital Manager Andrew Shawyer to broaden the Club's appeal among millenials. I now have some basis to judge MS Ransom's progress. :thumbsu:

Thanks for the input folks. I tuned in not knowing what Holly Ransom's role was but I now understand that she was appointed specifically to work on a strategy to engage millenials. I now know she is working with Marketing & Digital Manager Andrew Shawyer to broaden the Club's appeal among millenials. I now have some basis to judge MS Ransom's progress. :thumbsu:

Well?

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams

I am reserving judgement. After all we are on a precipice and in some sort of magic cycle. If we fall in and become great or the magic cycle works out we will all be happy and Holly can keep on digitally doing whatever she is doing to those millennials. If not I daresay she will cop it like the rest.

PS I think KT's 'precipice of greatness' is a ******* big black hole and Kochie's 'magic cycle' may in reality be a spin cycle but we live in hope. :)

Pictured - Powerade 08 and friend composing his latest Bigfooty post:

Oct 1, 2014
NeverNevers
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Holly Ransom - DIRECTOR
Profession: Chief Executive Officer, Emergent
Director, Port Adelaide Football Club 2016 - current
Co-Chair, United Nations Global Coalition of Young Women Entrepreneurs
Trustee, The Prince's Trust Australia
Director, Cox Architecture
Director, Layne Beachley's Aim For The Stars Foundation
Director, Australian Primary Nurses Association
Advisory Board Member, Victorian Police Commissioner’s Corporate Advisory Group
Advisory Board Member, RMIT University College of Business
Advisory Board Member, AFLW
Chair, G20 Youth Summit, 2014
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/club/administration/board

Feb 7, 2014
reynella
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea FC , Boston Red Sox/celtics
I would guess that this is what Oliver Shawyer has just been recruited to enact as GM Marketing & Digital.

Well that 11 game win video that was made to make us positive was dumb then and completely stupid now.

Seems like a nice bloke but has not done anything decent yet

Koch said a couple of years ago the board spends very little time talking footy. It talks about strategy.

That made sense when we almost went under, had no money, had to get rid of the SANFL, negotiated the reunification, move to AO, fill up the book of corporate sponsors, start the ball rolling on China, the community stuff etc.

Its time for the board to start talking footy. Even a bit of micro managing over the off season. Dont want them to do that long term but it's time for the board to get its hands dirty and go and lift the bonnet and fix the engine room of the core operations - the football.

I agree. but does our board even know footy?

I dare say we need to hire a Paul Roos type to sit in between ou board and our footy department

Back