THE BOARD. PAFC DIRECTORS. Why? Just why? 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

So, as i'm hardly qualified to comment on how well millennials are engaged, how do those of you in that demographic feel? Is winning and/or playing exciting footy not as important as launching new emojis?
Winning, but I'm the weird class of millennial that sometimes slips up and calls them ''emoticons" and still posts on internet forums.

Winning, but I'm the weird class of millennial that sometimes slips up and calls them ''emoticons" and still posts on internet forums.

Smileys in my day, made with punctuation marks. And I still haven't learned how these forum things work.

Perhaps if AO served a decent smashed avo latte, cracks in the structure at stoppages don't matter so much.

Kochie challenging Christopher Pyne to 'grow a pair of balls' on TV this morning.

Look in the mirror Kochie and do something positive for the Power.
"Mmmm yes I'd like another pair of balls yes please"

Lol

Kochie challenging Christopher Pyne to 'grow a pair of balls' on TV this morning.

Look in the mirror Kochie and do something positive for the Power.

He's happy to hand his balls over to Hinkley.

Peter Dutton may no longer have a job. Does he know anything about footy?

I dunno but if we signed him up we could definitively cross Bachar Houli off of our trade targets list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol the prevailing view here that Amanda Vanstone is a smart, tough operator. It really didn’t take too much hard work to come in over the top and tear down the education system in that Howard government, or tell the most vulnerable people in society they can basically all go and get ******.. She’s an idiot.
LOL she tore down an education system. Bloody hell what an exaggeration. Between 1996 and 2001 the tertiary education sector, the feds main area of education expenditure, got a 5% reduction, in real terms, in its budget over those 5 years. Hardly any tearing down.

The Expenditure Review Committee - ERC - is who makes the big budget decision. Vanstone wasn't on the ERC, but she had to make significant cuts in her portfolio. She had to deliver the unpopular measures and had to take the heat for the public and sector backlash. She did, and she told the unis to use their marketing professors and teachers and professionals to go and market their unis and go and earn new revenue streams.

The 8 sandstone unis bitched and moaned and said it was beneath them to get into marketing their institutions. The 30+ others got off their arse and went and marketed themselves to the world and now the Oz tertiary education systems float between 4th and 5th country, with Germany, for number of international students attracted to their tertiary education and isn't far behind 3rd France, but a long way behind USA and reasonable margin behind UK. Guess what, the 8 sandstone uni's now do more marketing of their institutions than the other 30+ do.

So where is the tearing down? She stared them down and told them to get smarter and go and solve their problems. Koch isn't prepared to stare down Hinkley. Koch said he was a super coach at 11-4. Someone has to stare down Hinkley. I'm happy for her to have a crack.

Last edited:
LOL she tore down an education system. Bloody hell what an exaggeration. Between 1996 and 2001 the tertiary education sector, the feds main area of education expenditure, got a 5% reduction, in real terms, in its budget over those 5 years. Hardly any tearing down.

The Expenditure Review Committee - ERC - is who makes the big budget decision. Vanstone wasn't on the ERC, but she had to make significant cuts in her portfolio. She had to deliver the unpopular measures and had to take the heat for the public and sector backlash. She did, and she told the unis to use their marketing professors and teachers and professionals to go and market their unis and go and earn new revenue streams.

The 8 sandstone unis bitched and moaned and said it was beneath them to get into marketing their institutions. The 30+ others got off their arse and went and marketed themselves to the world and now the Oz tertiary education systems float between 4th and 5th country, with Germany, for number of international students attracted to their tertiary education and isn't far behind 3rd France, but a long way behind USA and reasonable margin behind UK. Guess what, the 8 sandstone uni's now do more marketing of their institutions than the other 30+ do.

So where is the tearing down? She stared them down and told them to get smarter and go and solve their problems. Koch isn't prepared to stare down Hinkley. He was a super coach at 11-4. Someone has stare down Hinkley. I'm happy for her to have a crack.

Koch can't afford to stare down Hinkley. Neither can Thomas. Neither can the Board. They gave him tenure and have just re-signed his chief lieutenant for a further two years.

The time for staring him down was 12-13 months ago, but they blinked.

Koch can't afford to stare down Hinkley. Neither can Thomas. Neither can the Board. They gave him tenure and have just re-signed his chief lieutenant for a further two years.

The time for staring him down was 12-13 months ago, but they blinked.
They cant afford to sack him, but they can afford to make him feel bloody uncomfortable and make him more accountable for the bullshit he has tried to promulgate as a viable game plan.

Koch and KT probably have to play good cop as they have to deal with him on a day to day bases. The board and individual members can play bad cop and put the heat on him. Politicians, ex pollies, have thick skins. Koch and KT don't.

They cant afford to sack him, but they can afford to make him feel bloody uncomfortable and make him more accountable for the bullshit he has tried to promulgate as a viable game plan.

Koch and KT probably have to play good cop as they have to deal with him on a day to day bases. The board and individual members can play bad cop and put the heat on him. Politicians, ex pollies, have thick skins. Koch and KT don't.

Didn't Ken arc up and say he doesn't cope well with pressure and the national media jumped in saying how unfair it was of Koch after the Prez said he wouldn't accept another year of failure just before the 2017 season?

Which led to the "10 year coach" backflip after 2 wins.

Didn't Ken arc up and say he doesn't cope well with pressure and the national media jumped in saying how unfair it was of Koch after the Prez said he wouldn't accept another year of failure just before the 2017 season?

That's why Koch is compromised. He has done more back flips than your average female gymnast.

There is nothing stopping a board member putting the heat on Hinkley every month at the board meeting Hinkley gets asked to attend. If there is too much heat, he might walk.

I'd like to know where Kevin Osborn stands on all this. I dont know if he took the trip to Ken's house last September with Koch, KT and Chris Davies.

You are allowed to change your mind, but if big Kev wants Hinkley out, I reckon he will get the job done, but overtime. But he could be on the same page as Koch and KT which means someone else will have to do it.

You also probably recall when the rumour of the Sun's apparent interest in Hinkley surfaced, Thomas went public stating he wrote directly to Mark Evans and told him to back off. So, from the outset, Thomas wanted Hinkley to stay and it's reasonable to suggest that was his advice to the Board.

Do you have any knowledge or opinion of Thomas's advice to the Board?

Last edited:
No point whinging about the board if no one is prepared to put a ticket together and challenge the board. Hell it worked for Richmond! Got a flag the next year after a challenge.

— How did she ended up in our board?

— AFL currently holds the club into custody and demanded Ransom...

---

Seriously, though...

That's why I have suggested creating an office in the club for someone to tell those necessary truths that cannot be said by others. Pick a ruthless club legend to play the role. His job would be not allowing our high-ranked people to be comfortable in their positions. He would even be allowed to go public if necessary.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back