Test Rugby 2018 Rugby Championship

Greenstar5

All Australian
Jun 21, 2017
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
Hoping for the best. Expecting the worst.
Can't see us beating the All Blacks tonight or next week. Another lost Bledisloe series and no chance of winning the RC with that start.
Rugbys flagship game will be lucky to get over 50k.
Sounds negative, hopefully I'm wrong.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
They need to schedule the Bledisloe games for October. This struggles for attention at the business end of the AFL and NRL seasons and opening with a comprehensive loss doesn't get people watching the next 5 games. However it seems NZRU call the shots.

Greenstar5

All Australian
Jun 21, 2017
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
They need to schedule the Bledisloe games for October. This struggles for attention at the business end of the AFL and NRL seasons and opening with a comprehensive loss doesn't get people watching the next 5 games. However it seems NZRU call the shots.

I don't remember the exact details, but I'm pretty sure the ARU and NSW Government had a deal, guessing along with SANZAAR and NZRU that the first 2 RC games will be Aus v NZ and the first game was to be in Sydney.
ARU got the money but it basically means we lose our first 2. From there we can't win the Bledisloe or RC.

Your exactly right. Have the kiwis come here in October. No Nrl, no AFL. Start off by playing the Pumas or Boks.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Say what you like about the non yellow card. For mine he should of been in the bin the big difference between the sides are belief and the conservative nature of the Wallabies.

No matter what the stage of the game NZ always believe that they have the points in them to win whereas Australia are less expensive in attack as they are always worried about NZ. Furthermore NZ always back themselves to score the try while we take the 3. You can not beat them this way.

Yeah he is very hot and cold. No doubt we have the ability but the belief is just not there

It’s what I don’t get it’s completely against the natural game of Foley, Beale and Folau to be in penalty-a-thons, we should play to their strengths they are our game breakers. Might also help if we actually play Pocock at 7.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
It’s what I don’t get it’s completely against the natural game of Foley, Beale and Folau to be in penalty-a-thons, we should play to their strengths they are our game breakers. Might also help if we actually play Pocock at 7.
Letting McMahon go was a big mistake nobody in our back row makes meters. McMahon would get us front foot ball. Would of been a more well balanced back row with McMahon at 8 and Pocock or Hooper at 7. McMahon would of got us on the front foot and drawn defenders in creating more holes for Foley and Beale to put people through

Letting McMahon go was a big mistake nobody in our back row makes meters. McMahon would get us front foot ball. Would of been a more well balanced back row with McMahon at 8 and Pocock or Hooper at 7. McMahon would of got us on the front foot and drawn defenders in creating more holes for Foley and Beale to put people through

Agreed but even so now we have to ply a genuine number 8. Two number 7’s don’t work.

We don’t have one at the moment, I can’t see them going back to Higginbotham and Naisarani is not yet eligible. Valentini is a good prospect but is yong and injury prone

Just think we have to give the young kid Valentini a crack and I don’t mind Higginbotham actually.

Back