Song Contest Part XII, Host: roo2macca, Theme: Precious Gems/Metals Noms Due: Monday 8:00pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Le Tukker
See how I've learned from past mistakes when hosting the Song Contest ?

Hello CakeEater

6430667279251575957fd14ecf2c6d9f.jpg

Song Contest Announcement:

We have a late change to the playlist

Out: Sofi Tukker
In: Julien Doré

There... Proactive... Decisive... Flexible...

A victory for common sense

#besthostever

#worsthostever

I couldn't tell it was Portugese. I learn French... :( It was 11:30 last night when I listened to it though.

#besthostever
Take note SM - how to avoid the troll 101.

#besthostever
Pissweak, let their song live or die by the mistake.

Hmm. not sure about this artist checking. Amadou and Mariam are from Mali. Susana Silva is originally from Portugal and lives in London.

I could have nommed a song by Stromae. Sings in French but from Belgium!

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Hmm. not sure about this artist checking. Amadou and Mariam are from Mali. Susana Silva is originally from Portugal and lives in London.

Mali used to be French Sudan and ruled by France. Official language is French

Mali used to be French Sudan and ruled by France. Official language is French
I thought this was French artists though? I don't think that's a good enough excuse :p

Cause French Canadian artists weren't eligible even though they speak French and are very tied to France. Didn't France once own bits of Canada?!

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I thought this was French artists though? I don't think that's a good enough excuse :p

Cause French Canadian artists weren't eligible even though they speak French and are very tied to France. Didn't France once own bits of Canada?!
without looking to start a fight with any Quebecois there is a distinct difference in emigrants and those colonialised

And maybe I should stop defending the songs too much ;)

Or Tina Arena! :moustache:

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco

I nommed him for the World Cup theme.

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn

without looking to start a fight with any Quebecois there is a distinct difference in emigrants and those colonialised

And maybe I should stop defending the songs too much ;)

As far as Stromae goes considering he is a French speaker its likely he is a Walloon.
If so, you can draw a line down the center of a road and say 'This side is France, this side is Belgium' however does this really change the nationally of its residents?
Walloons are French by my reckoning by culture, language and heritage.

Having said all that be he Walloon, Flemish or Chinese Stromae is a shithouse musician who I would happily billy.

Grey Crow is correct.
The Frogs were pretty serious about their empire building back in the day.
French West Africa, French Equatorial Africa and Algeria were very much a part of France before independence.

Even Cheese eating surrender monkeys when armed with heavy artillery and machine guns had little trouble overcoming opposing forces waving pointy sticks at them, and after killing large numbers they waltzed in and ran the joint.
It was considered very much part of France and all natives were eligible for French citizenship (once certain lofty conditions were met of course- meaning in practice about one in every 250,000 actually received it).

Some Canadians just happen to have a great grandmother who spoke French and they are pretentious campaigners who continue to speak French primarily to show they are pretentious campaigners.

Susana Silva I have no idea about Im afraid...
Maybe she likes pate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back