Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually see a bit of Collingwood-era Dale Thomas (minus a bit of the razzle dazzle and s**t peroxide hair) in him.

Quick enough, rangy, good skills and x-factor around the ball and when he has it, gets to good spots.
Accurate summation really. Now you've pointed it out it makes a lot of sense.

BRider

Team Captain
Jun 24, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah Dale Thomas was a very good player until he got Blued. Will has so much potential as people have pointed out he has that X Factor. He is going to be a very good player. Great pick up in the draft and I remember Pykie saying he trended very similar to the Bont is the last half of the TAC.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The thing i like most about this kid is that he seems to have beautiful balance. Combined with agility and decent game sense this is what buys players time. Add that to good skills and decision making and you have a bloody good player. Will has shown enough in limited viewing for me to get very excited about his future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing i like most about this kid is that he seems to have beautiful balance. Combined with agility and decent game sense this is what buys players time. Add that to good skills and decision making and you have a bloody good player. Will has shown enough in limited viewing for me to get very excited about his future.
Steele Sidebottom is a great example of this. It's like time stands still when he gets the ball in hand. He always seems to have the time and space to find the right option.

Early signs are that Walker has similar traits. If he turns out half as good as Sidebottom, we'll have ourselves a very good footballer.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Steele Sidebottom is a great example of this. It's like time stands still when he gets the ball in hand. He always seems to have the time and space to find the right option.

Early signs are that Walker has similar traits. If he turns out half as good as Sidebottom, we'll have ourselves a very good footballer.
Yeah for sure.

There is also a fluidity to his movement as well. He scored a goal versus Sandy where he intercepted the kick in from 10 meters in one outstretched hand and slammed it through on the right. He made it look simple. Its littlen things like this type of movement that can separate good players from excellent players.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I love seeing first year mids taking overhead grabs and I reckon Will took one in every game he played.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Real moneyball type. Would have gone top 10 if he had a chin.
I want Walker to be giving every opportunity in 2019 don't treat him like a Williams Preuss Neilson or anyone else Coach Brad Scott if he starts in VFL and starts well straight into the AFL .
If he has a bad game or 2 don't dump him as guys like McMillian Turner and McDonald have played bad games and are not dropped.
So Will Walker I hope you take your chances and don't get caught up in the Hype and hopefully one day in the future your name is on your locker with 200+ games and Premiership Player.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I want Walker to be giving every opportunity in 2019 don't treat him like a Williams Preuss Neilson or anyone else Coach Brad Scott if he starts in VFL and starts well straight into the AFL .
If he has a bad game or 2 don't dump him as guys like McMillian Turner and McDonald have played bad games and are not dropped.
So Will Walker I hope you take your chances and don't get caught up in the Hype and hopefully one day in the future your name is on your locker with 200+ games and Premiership Player.

Seriously, if they’re good enough they get every chance. Will looks like a gem. He’ll be playing.

I really don’t understand this bullshit about players not getting opportunities.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Abillity aside, apparently fantastic for morale in the dressing room and a willingness to help out around the club.

Real Shinboner material on our hands, whatever he is on field.

Still callin' it. He'll be a 200+ gamer for this club. He's going to be a big part of the clubs future.

Looking for positives in light of the disappointment we're feeling today on missing out on Gaff and realised I didn't need to look very far. Time to bump Will. This kid is going to be a star, and what's more he will bleed blue and white for the club. Courage, loyalty and skill for many years. There will be no complaints from Will. A good kid who will be part of our future where we never give players like Gaff a second thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back