Bontempelli dive

DogsAreBarking

Team Captain
Sep 19, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Malmö RedHawks
''However, the AFL's legal representative, Jeff Gleeson QC, said the strike was sufficient enough to cause any player pain, regardless of their pre-existing injuries.''

Yeah, nah.

Why wasn't he fined? Starting to get a reputation for playing things up

Ooh hard man is back.

Where did this reputation come from? Name one other incident. Lamb also found guilty of striking so stupid thread.

OnceWeWereKings

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Ooh hard man is back.

Where did this reputation come from? Name one other incident. Lamb also found guilty of striking so stupid thread.

Don’t be so sensitive Marcus.
There’s no need to jump in and defend yourself whenever someone expresses an opinion different to your own.
It’s becoming obsessive.
It was as weak as piss by you on the weekend and you know it.

It’s pretty odd that lamb was found guilty of anything given Carlton fans and random bigfooty flogs (those two aren’t mutually exclusive) who have probably never been hit like that are adamant Bont dove.

I bow to your superior logic folks.

You should be happy. The fine effectively means Lamb played for free. So in a way Carlton didn’t pay for another s**t truck game. That’s just as sound logic as suggesting Bont dove so you know it’s good

There’s no need to jump in and defend yourself whenever someone expresses an opinion different to your own..

Fact: lamb guilty of striking.

Opinion: bontempelli dove.

Forgive me for having to talk down to you to explain the difference but I feel you wouldn’t understand otherwise

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Why wasn't he fined? Starting to get a reputation for playing things up
Evidence of other instances of this or are you making s**t up? Bont was clearly playing in pain with his back all game, so any sort of medium contact would cause a great deal of pain.

Senor Ed

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Doggies
I was waiting for someone to deflect. I started the diving thread on the mainboard and I put him in. I don't pretend I don't see things just because of a jumper

Not deflecting at all. Just pointing out how factually incorrect your "Starting to get a reputation for playing things up" statement. by bringing up a player who actually has a reputation for staging.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Not deflecting at all. Just pointing out how factually incorrect your "Starting to get a reputation for playing things up" statement. by bringing up a player who actually has a reputation for staging.

Again you are deflecting. Start another thread for that or else deal with the fact your star player dove like a swan

Again you are deflecting. Start another thread for that or else deal with the fact your star player dove like a swan

Hey tough guy, did lamb get found guilty of striking Bontempelli or did Bontempelli dive? Can’t be both.

I’ll await your judgement on how hard lamb hit too, because we all know you are big and strong and wouldn’t have taken it

Beer n Skittles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Rampage
Bont goes for the head, gets a push back & dives.

Agree that these divers need to start getting fined, it's embarrassing for the game

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
It wasn't a push, it was a strike (as determined by both the MRP and the tribunal).

Are you suggesting both players get fined for the same one-sided incident?

Are you saying that now because your choosing to use it as gospel that every single mro decision is 100% correct then

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Not at all, they're far from perfect. But given you're asking why he wasn't fined for diving, perhaps look to how the MRP and tribunal judged the incident.

They are more interested in appeasing mothers than properly adjudication of force.

Are you saying that now because your choosing to use it as gospel that every single mro decision is 100% correct then

I bet the MRO is wrong because you’d have just stood up to the hit.

How do you know what force was used?

Beer n Skittles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Rampage
Here we go. You are so tough. Tell me how hard lamb hit bontempelli
The diminutive Lamb hit Bont with the force of a truck, sending him sprawling forward. Impressive - I wouldn't have thought Lamb capable of generating such force even with a run up and full body hip & shoulder

OnceWeWereKings

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
It’s pretty odd that lamb was found guilty of anything given Carlton fans and random bigfooty flogs (those two aren’t mutually exclusive) who have probably never been hit like that are adamant Bont dove.

I bow to your superior logic folks.

You should be happy. The fine effectively means Lamb played for free. So in a way Carlton didn’t pay for another s**t truck game. That’s just as sound logic as suggesting Bont dove so you know it’s good

You can deflect all you like, but deep down you know it was soft.
He went down easy.

Back