Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Mar 17, 2014
I like the podcast however Mike often raises a topic and then has no idea what the topic is actually about or any further information when Sam or Grant ask a question. If he is going to raise something it might help if he is a little better informed given that he raised the issue.

I like Thommo and Sam's viewpoints and its interesting to hear an alternative view given all the sameness we get from the footy media.

Is the first podcast that I have listened to, are there any other good footy podcasts that are worth listening to.
the Dont Argue pod is good, the Monday edition, the Thursday is just advertising for gambling so i give it a miss. Crawf and Hirdy only for Crawf. he makes for the other 2 dufuses on it. I like the Jock and Journo podcast too which is the Scott Pendlebury one. There are heaps of others.

Couldn't agree more!!!

People always complaining that we now have Robbo as chief of AFL at the Herald Sun.

I’ve never heard Mike in this setting, he is as dumb as, or possibly even dumber than Robbo. Incredible.

Mar 17, 2014
People always complaining that we now have Robbo as chief of AFL at the Herald Sun.

I’ve never heard Mike in this setting, he is as dumb as, or possibly even dumber than Robbo. Incredible.
I totally agree, He chops and changes his opinions on this every 2 minutes. Sam is an old man yelling at a cloud, Thommo is a contrarian but Sheahan doesnt add anything to the conversation at all. He comes across as a clueless dope!

revo333

Jan 7, 2018
Tend to agree although i havent listened to this week yet. Sam is like all Trump cultists he just goes on and on about the same thing and Mike adds nothing. Needs a change of subjects or some guests to spice things up i reckon

They do Trump again for the first half...

The_Eagles

Jun 30, 2005
North Fremantle
australia
Sometimes I can’t get through each episode but they ramble for 1 hour 20 each week. So that’s pretty good “content” wise, although getting sick of Donald talk even though I’m not totally opposed to him myself

Sam kinda got emotional recounting how he lost his house before he cobbled together a career in writing columns then the footy show break

Sometimes I can’t get through each episode but they ramble for 1 hour 20 each week. So that’s pretty good “content” wise, although getting sick of Donald talk even though I’m not totally opposed to him myself

Sam kinda got emotional recounting how he lost his house before he cobbled together a career in writing columns then the footy show break

See where you're coming from. I generally giggle during his rants. Part of it is put on though one feels. laugh when he says media outlet X is biased, but fox is balanced. THeyre all biased!

Sep 21, 2002
Norwood
Mike Sheehan is an imbecile

Amazing how stupid he actually is

I lost any time I had for Sheehan after the Phil Carman interview on Open Mike. No research into Carman's career whatsoever, no mention of the time he spent with Norwood in the SANFL and how Collingwood made him stand out of football for 2 years. Nothing about how he was a schoolboy hero playing with Edenhope. All Sheehan knows is VFL/AFL, I doubt he even knows footy is actually played at other levels.

Then it was clear Carman had a gutful of Sheehan's negative attitude towards him and focussing on the negatives in Carman's career. He then gets into Carman saying how he was disappointed in him, how he'd let people down and never made the most of his talent. If I were Carman I'd have said, "Well at least I was out there, having a go, instead of making a living blowing balloon juice into a microphone".

I can't stand Sheehan, but then again, there's very few in the media I like.

Mar 17, 2014
I look forward to listening to the podcast tonight
i think they are getting bored of it. A shorter one this week and Thommo was unprepared
an incredible amount of nonsense was spoken, Sam likes to spout statistics that suit himself yet like all right wing nut jobs won't spout any statistics to back up his own statements. Apparently 70 percent of Australians agree with Annings statements... 70 percent of senile oldies maybe!

Boogers

Sep 12, 2013
I lost any time I had for Sheehan after the Phil Carman interview on Open Mike. No research into Carman's career whatsoever, no mention of the time he spent with Norwood in the SANFL and how Collingwood made him stand out of football for 2 years. Nothing about how he was a schoolboy hero playing with Edenhope. All Sheehan knows is VFL/AFL, I doubt he even knows footy is actually played at other levels.
To be fair, there's a chance stuff like that could've been edited out

Schneebly

Mar 28, 2015
Newman says Muslims don’t integrate while talking about Muslims playing our national sport.

It’s a shame because I remember Newman and Houli having a friendly discussion on the Footy show years back.

reubski23

Jun 20, 2009
Eastern Suburbs
Tom Brady
Newman says Muslims don’t integrate while talking about Muslims playing our national sport.

It’s a shame because I remember Newman and Houli having a friendly discussion on the Footy show years back.

I would have thought a Muslim playing our native sport at the highest level is the definition of integration..