Prediction Changes for final (finally..) round vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see another debut or 2. Don’t care who. McCarthy could easily make way for Dixon or Strnadica.

North an outside chance but never really strung a few games together but neither did Switkowski. He’d be an outside chance to get a debut.

Do we have anyone else other than those 3?
The only other guy I could think of besides Dixon, Strnadica and North I would think of that hasn't had a debut game would be that ruckman Meek.

The Walters quote is interesting since he has not been mentioned in the injury report. Did anyone see him run around at training?
not playing according to WAtoday or one of those. Hamstring not right. Didn't sound like he probably should have played last week.

Being punished for not being defensively minded enough and I am being serious.
I only saw the first quarter because I had to go somewhere (rare)but he looked like the only one trying. I can't speak for his defensive abilities with any authority because I don't see the games in person but seriously someone needs to kick goals. Swikowski came in and tackled but I don't think he hit the scoreboard. Where the **## is the balance between scoring and defending in our team. I'm sure his defensive abilities are not non-existent. And if we are worried about the lack of defensive run, maybe we should just get rid of half of the midfield.

I only saw the first quarter because I had to go somewhere (rare)but he looked like the only one trying. I can't speak for his defensive abilities with any authority because I don't see the games in person but seriously someone needs to kick goals. Swikowski came in and tackled but I don't think he hit the scoreboard. Where the **## is the balance between scoring and defending in our team. I'm sure his defensive abilities are not non-existent. And if we are worried about the lack of defensive run, maybe we should just get rid of half of the midfield.

Don't think matera played for peel on the weekend either.........don't know why not listed as injured

Don't think matera played for peel on the weekend either.........don't know why not listed as injured
Yeah was just thinking about that myself. Did he travel as the emergency maybe? Seemed odd to risk Walters for a game like that when giving someone like Matera more time to get used to our game-plan would have made more sense.Would have preferred Walters for the home game against Collingwood.

Yeah was just thinking about that myself. Did he travel as the emergency maybe? Seemed odd to risk Walters for a game like that when giving someone like Matera more time to get used to our game-plan would have made more sense.Would have preferred Walters for the home game against Collingwood.
Maybe they've sent him to convince his old mate Tom lynch that his future is in purple;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep travelled as the emergency, all logic says he would get a game this week but they will probably go with Ballas (4 - count them possessions) because it is Johnnos last game.

Yep travelled as the emergency, all logic says he would get a game this week but they will probably go with Ballas (4 - count them possessions) because it is Johnnos last game.
Ha ha one two three four (just within my capabilities). Surely they can both be in the same team. I'm sure Balla will follow the rules and not score a goal.

So we play Ballas for 'defensive' pressure. Okay. 4 disposals is fair enough. Good on him..

This is why we can't go forward as a club with Ross.
Matera has all the tools as a goalsneak, loves to kick a few goals crumbing. Yet we play him up the field, almost as a defensive winger. Of course he struggles to kick goals, when he's 80 metres from goals!

But play Ballas. He does the role best. Ugh

Get dixon in.

Mr Mcdardy made his debut for GWS in the last round of his first year and done really well. It set him up for the next year.

I would like to see Dixon n Strnadica have a crack this weekend.

After last week who cares about the result. Surely it can't be that bad?

So we play Ballas for 'defensive' pressure. Okay. 4 disposals is fair enough. Good on him..

This is why we can't go forward as a club with Ross.
Matera has all the tools as a goalsneak, loves to kick a few goals crumbing. Yet we play him up the field, almost as a defensive winger. Of course he struggles to kick goals, when he's 80 metres from goals!

But play Ballas. He does the role best. Ugh
Frustrating isn't it

Sandilands has had a setback and ruled out for Saturday.

SHill, Hamling and Switta will train today with hopes they will get through and play Saturday.

Out: Walters, Kersten, Giro, Grey
In: Matera, SHill, Switta, Hamling

Thats my ideal changes all going well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back