News Free membership upgrade for all 2018 members

Remove this Banner Ad

Slats

All Australian
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
TO OUR 56,005 members who loyally supported us in 2018, we honestly can’t thank you enough – but we want to try!

Touted as the Club’s Biggest #BoundByBlue Thank You, all 2018 Carlton members will be upgraded FREE in 2019.

Whether you’re a three-game member, an interstate member, a Captain’s Club member or a junior member – everyone will receive an upgrade on us.

Honouring your passion for the Old Dark Navy Blue is of utmost importance to the Club, and this heartfelt thank-you goes to every member who sat in the stands, waved a flag, cheered us on, watched on TV or simply bought a membership to support the Blues this season.

CEO Cain Liddle said this campaign was all about recognising and rewarding Carlton’s loyal members.

“We know this year has been challenging, so we wanted to genuinely thank each and every member who has supported us throughout the season,” Liddle said.

“It’s important our members know how much they mean to us and that their commitment to our long-term plan is greatly appreciated.

“I believe this initiative is the biggest free membership upgrade in Australian sport, which hopefully shows our members we truly value their dedication to our club.”

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/20...-2018-members?camefrom=EMCL_2453558_109964949

Bold. Very bold initiative.

Feels as though we really want to get more numbers to games and with this gesture, I think we well may.
Without knowing the full scope of what's being offered it's sure seems like a move to get members further engaged. Interesting.

EDIT: I get it. Even those that came on board late last year will likely be fixed as permanent members now, given the offer at the same price.
Liddle is making lots of extra work for himself and the membership department, but he's being innovative. Look forward to the feedback.

This is interesting....
Not sure if this is a good thing or a concerning thing??
I'm paying top dollar for my membership now and have been for years,i wonder how the club can top this???
Waiting to hear from the opposition "lol they have to give away their memberships now??!!"......

This is interesting....
Not sure if this is a good thing or a concerning thing??
I'm paying top dollar for my membership now and have been for years,i wonder how the club can top this???
Waiting to hear from the opposition "lol they have to give away their memberships now??!!"......
I already have the most premium membership, will I still receive an upgrade?

We have assessed each membership type to ensure every member receives a complimentary upgrade irrespective of membership category or entitlements. More details will be provided on your renewal form which you will receive in September (Carlton Direct) or October (all other members) 2018.

Also, who gives two *s what opposition supporters think? This is big and bold and I like it.

Imagine the outrage when members start being direct debited for their more expensive upgraded membership in 12 months from now though haha.

You'll have the option to go back but maybe you've had a taste of something better and enjoyed it. :)

All I know though, is that the Membership Department will require bolstering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I reading into this wrong, or will my gen admin membership be upgraded to a reserved seat next year?

As an interstate member, a membership upgrade is a nice gesture, but is of no tangible benefit to me at all.

Have been on that Carlton Direct thing for years now, so as long as I don't get charged more for my 2020 membership then all good with me :)
We might get a hat AND a lanyard? I don’t really care either, I loved reading this though.

On the front foot for next years membership with a great initiative in August, now that gets my attention.

Better than leaving it until May/June each year and pleading for people to jump on.

This whole new approach just feels more inclusive and like the club finally give a s**t, long may it (Liddle) continue.

Great initiative and well done by the club. We probably deserve something for sitting through this season!

They have since updated to say that AfL members and (presumably) MCG members who have Carlton packages will get some form of upgrade, as will those who already have the highest level available too

From what I have gathered.

Offer applies to any who renew their membership before January 31 2019.

You only pay what you did this year, the upgrades are complimentary. (Meaning your details will stay at the rate you pay meaning no nasty surprises year after)

Hey, for Carlton this is the most engaging thing they have done for members. I personally love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back