Preview Round 23, 2018: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Etihad Stadium, Sunday 26th August, 4:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 34 60.7%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 22 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Hibernian FC
Well, it's been a really bad year; there's no dressing it up. As a relative newcomer to Aussie Rules, I can at least get enjoyment from any game, as I'm learning with each match. However, there is a limit, and some of the defeats have been really poor. One last hurrah against North; let's finish on a high and go all guns blazing.

Richo's last game? That would be significantly pleasing.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Doubt Goddard will play. My guess would be Carlisle in for him.

This is the extended bench so it should be 4 of these that get don't play:
  • Luke Dunstan
  • Blake Acres
  • Hunter Clark
  • Sam Gilbert
  • David Armitage
  • Hugh Goddard
  • Maverick Weller
  • Ben Paton
In Gilbert, Armo, Weller

for Saturdays game against the Pies.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Unfortunately I can see Hugh going out, as he's probably not ready to handle Brown, and Carlisle/Austin are probably best suited to Brown/Waite, which leaves Hugh without a chair when the music stops, as he's way too cumbersome for a Wood type.

Gilbo on the other hand is a much better defensive option for someone like that, so I can see him getting the nod.

Unless he's been playing injured it should probably be his last game though, as he's just dropped off too far this year.

Also wouldn't be surprised if we bring in Mav for Paton, as Ben just looks that fraction of a second off the pace at the moment and isn't super-well suited forward, so melts day may just be delayed by 24 hours!

Sep 22, 2015
Hovering above you...
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Fulham
Unfortunately I can see Hugh going out, as he's probably not ready to handle Brown, and Carlisle/Austin are probably best suited to Brown/Waite, which leaves Hugh without a chair when the music stops, as he's way too cumbersome for a Wood type.

Gilbo on the other hand is a much better defensive option for someone like that, so I can see him getting the nod.

Unless he's been playing injured it should probably be his last game though, as he's just dropped off too far this year.

Also wouldn't be surprised if we bring in Mav for Paton, as Ben just looks that fraction of a second off the pace at the moment and isn't super-well suited forward, so melts day may just be delayed by 24 hours!
I would maybe agree with you if we had a chance at finals and that's a maybe the way a Mav has played this year.

But with nothing on the line accept losing pick 3 why on earth wouldn't you reward the Goddards, Phillips, Freeman, Clark, Coffields with a game to get them roaring into pre season?

The above mentioned guys in Mav/Gilbo have been damn average for most of the year.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
I would maybe agree with you if we had a chance at finals and that's a maybe the way a Mav has played this year.

But with nothing on the line accept losing pick 3 why on earth wouldn't you reward the Goddards, Phillips, Freeman, Clark, Coffields with a game to get them roaring into pre season?

The above mentioned guys in Mav/Gilbo have been damn average for most of the year.
Because Richo.

Aug 25, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, San Antonio Spurs
No Battle again has been 4 or 5 weeks since that head knock and still cant train at a decent level
He fractured his cheekbone, then came back & copped a knock from Dusty Martin in the exact same spot, then further to that hit very close to the same spot yet again in that bump from Dale Morris

Very happy for them to play it cautiously with him

He fractured his cheekbone, then came back & copped a knock from Dusty Martin in the exact same spot, then further to that hit very close to the same spot yet again in that bump from Dale Morris

Cant train every time his heart rate increases he is getting headaches,

malevu

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2013
Animal Enclosure
AFL Club
St Kilda
Is it still mathematically possible for us to have one interesting post match presser minus the usual cliches ?

"So what did you think about today's effort, Richo ?"

"Oh, actually I thought we were f'n shite. And Newnes should grow a pair."

But preferably, "When JB kicked the sealer with 5 seconds to go I couldn't keep my hand off it."

Can always dream I suppose.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda

Cheeky b@stards :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing Battle Battle next year

One last chance for the Cho to play Mav?
21o4xzp.jpg

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
I would have played Gilbert before Austin. Austin played really well last week but guys get dropped in meaningless last round games for sentiment all the time. 2013 Newnes for Kosi (Newnes would be at 138 consecutive games if not for that), 2016 White for Gresham. Austin's spot on the list for 2019 is secure. Gilbert is the final part of those 2009-2010 GF teams that most of us remember fondly. Gilbert's move into the forward line in the second half of the 2010 draw was a significant part of why we came back in that game. I'd like Hugh to play on Brown and see how he goes.

Disappointed Phillips wasn't included in the squad.

Very disappointed by the inclusion of Mav over Ed but really just continues the terrible selections for majority of the year.
Its clear most supporters want to see the kids played over older players that haven't got the job done this year like Mav and Newnes.
But I guess once your a protected species your always going to be a protected species

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back