Strategy St Kilda's new President

The bigger question than who it is, is why you are posting at 2.45am??
George on the turps?

LOL,

I'm very keen to see who the new Prez is...….it's absolutely crucial that we get it right at the top.....then the cascade down.

Will be announced at the AGM in December.
Then Richo will be coaching next year
Of course if he is i hope he wins every game, but lets be honest that's not happening. Just my opinion but he is the worst coach along with Watson that i have seen at club.

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Of course if he is i hope he wins every game, but lets be honest that's not happening. Just my opinion but he is the worst coach along with Watson that i have seen at club.
I'm of the same thoughts as you mate. But from what i hear, he will be coaching next year at this point.

Things can obviously change - its known by the board that Summers is stepping down and his replacement is already there. Whether or not the motions of new coach has taken place i can't answer.

Lets just say it is and they are waiting for new Pres to make the announcement - the most likely would be Rats, who from what i know has committed to the club already ( as assistant so far ).

Why does the announcement change the decision on Richo?

It was decided at a board meeting yesterday. Just because they are waiting for December to announce it publicly doesn't mean they can't make a call before then.

Richo's definitely not safe just yet. If enough change is made his job will be under the microscope.

Just for the record - I think he stays. But I'm hoping he is moved on.

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda

It was decided at a board meeting yesterday. Just because they are waiting for December to announce it publicly doesn't mean they can't make a call before then.

Richo's definitely not safe just yet. If enough change is made his job will be under the microscope.

You're a good egg George.

Saintbloke

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda

If the club wants bums on seats next season, then they will need to move Richo on.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Scott Morrison is our new President.

Oh wait ...
All our Summers have departed
We are left with the Basset hound
sniffing around with his horny Led lead
Matt needs to step up or he's finnissed

At least we can comfort ourselves knowing
that club and country will be run by the....
Scomo and Cho freak show!

Ok i know!
Apologies all.......:sick:

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
images-30.jpg

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
If all the noise is correct about Lethlean and Finnis sharing CEO duties
and Ratten/Harves coming in as Assistants, then we will be in for our
own version of the liberal party next year!

For all my criticism of Richo...This in my view is just setting him up to fail!
Same can be said for Finnis. Really smacks of club having 20 eachway
and hedging bets!

Don't like it at all!
Sorry...

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wont be easy getting any players or assistant coaches of quality to buy into an organization without knowing who is driving the bus .
do you really think the guys we are interviewing for roles are not going to be informed of what is going down ???
there is a HUGE differance between making it public and letting stakeholders know ..

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
If all the noise is correct about Lethlean and Finnis sharing CEO duties
and Ratten/Harves coming in as Assistants, then we will be in for our
own version of the liberal party next year!

For all my criticism of Richo...This in my view is just setting him up to fail!
Same can be said for Finnis. Really smacks of club having 20 eachway
and hedging bets!

Don't like it at all!
Sorry...
my read of it ... We are getting Ratts in just like Freo did with Harvey to "help out" Connelly, they knew he was a dead man walking but didnt quiet have the chips in place to fire him so they got the guy they felt would be a good fit to replace him to sit in the chair next to him to help smooth the transition ...
the thing with Banger being there to me says that Bangers has given up the dream of a senior role and just wants to be at the club he called home for the majority of his life ...

the Finnis Lathers thing i dunno we kinda want a guy thats a combo of both but if that doesnt exist maybe the best option is having them both ... how that works will be a real test of professionalism and really will need both to be somewhat selfless to the common goal of getting the saints up.... the pessimist in me says its destined to fail as neither have deep seated love for the club so..... who knows

Back