Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible timing for the club.It looks like his career is over,unless he can somehow prove that he took the coke the day before the test.I just wonder though,why are these drug stories about Collingwood players always leaked to the press before the final results are in.It doesn't seem to happen to any other club

As a Club we have learnt nothing.
Disagree with that, individuals may not have and unfortunately on this matter the club cannot control the individuals.
What Howie said on SEN, coupled with what our CEO said conveys a different approach.
We will be better this time and face it full on - in all honestly, that's what I care most about right now.
WE'RE IN THE FINALS!!

Do we have any details of whether the positive test means that they think he actually was taking it on gameday? Or whether the test measured the standard 2-4 day window (assuming it was a urine test). Does the 2-4 day window count as 'matchday' under ASADA rules? If it doesn't, you'd think it wouldn't be too hard to argue that the substance wasn't ingested on matchday.

In any case, I wouldn't be against getting rid of him for getting high in the lead up to a match, that is just crazy behaviour
The club will support him and let the investigation run its course. He has a right to that, even if he has made a silly mistake.

You missed my point...….but I am not getting into a drug discussion with you again.........sorry Timmy.

As a Club we have learnt nothing.

All clubs go through this stuff. Ours just happen to be public due to the nature of them, dumb luck and dumb players but all clubs have players who enjoy recreational drugs. The club has to ensure its not a protracted distraction. They'll likely cut ties and move on quickly once he gets banned.

Disagree with that, individuals may not have and unfortunately on this matter the club cannot control the individuals.
What Howie said on SEN, coupled with what our CEO said conveys a different approach.
We will be better this time and face it full on - in all honestly, that's what I care most about right now.

You believe Howe...….good on you Anzacday.

Today changes nothing...…..just like the Keeffe and Thomas incident...…..just like the self reporting loophole we abused...……..

If I was CEO of Collingwood I would test our players on a weekly basis...…..every single one of them.

You believe Howe...….good on you Anzacday.

Today changes nothing...…..just like the Keeffe and Thomas incident...…..just like the self reporting loophole we abused...……..

If I was CEO of Collingwood I would test our players on a weekly basis...…..every single one of them.
You would lose a lot of players, and win a lot of wooden spoons.

On a serious note, I have just had a thought (imagine that!)

Seems way to coincidental this happens right before finals. But I won't be climbing into the media or the club. Nope.

This is the stuff of feel good stories. The torment of years on the sidelines. We finally have made finals.

This will galvanize the group I reckon. Muzza wasn't even a top 22 player. He played a few games and showed bugger all.

What do Richmond have to draw them together? A champion team always wins.

Floreat Pica.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a serious note, I have just had a thought (imagine that!)

Seems way to coincidental this happens right before finals. But I won't be climbing into the media or the club. Nope.

This is the stuff of feel good stories. The torment of years on the sidelines. We finally have made finals.

This will galvanize the group I reckon. Muzza wasn't even a top 22 player. He played a few games and showed bugger all.

What do Richmond have to draw them together? A champion team always wins.

Floreat Pica.
And released by the AFL and subsequently withdrawn. There are plenty at AFL house and in the media who want us to fail.

Stuff them.

IF.... it's a repeat of the Keefe & Thomas mistake then he deserves no sympathy....and ought to be delisted. Don't want to be carrying him on our rookie list for multiple seasons.

At least Keefe and Thomas could plead ignorance that coke was laced with something else. That incident should have been education enough for all AFL players. To repeat that mistake, is just foolish in the extreme

IF.... it's a repeat of the Keefe & Thomas mistake then he deserves no sympathy....and ought to be delisted. Don't want to be carrying him on our rookie list for multiple seasons.

At least Keefe and Thomas could plead ignorance that coke was laced with something else. That incident should have been education enough for all AFL players. To repeat that mistake, is just foolish in the extreme
Yes, it’s zero tolerance time.

The timing of this is very suspicious.
AFL and media are out to derail us. The fools will be very disappointed.

As Howe said, our culture is strong. We will prevail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back