Play Nice Sam Murray Under ASADA Investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea why this is being spun up into a tornado and none of the other 100s of AFL players that use drugs flat out arent called out.

Ive personally seen more afl players off their heads on narcorics than i can count on my hands, both during season and off season and ive also seen and heard of current afl players being heavily involved in drug trafficking. Media and the AFL turn a blind eye constantly and then randomly go down hard on a bloke every so often. Disgusting.

These are young blokes with more money than they know what to do with, hanging out in a boys club culture that encourages pushing the limits of substance abuse. Local footy clubs all around the country are a classic example of this.

Just because someones an AFL player doesent take away their innate desire to do dumb stuff.
Again, he tested positive on game day, there's no sweeping that under the rug, no matter who you are.

It's ASADA rules when it comes to after game tests and they don't give a * who you are, actually for them the bigger the name the bigger the publicity for them.

You're not wrong, I just find it much less likely that they had clen in their coke (would that really be your first option for cutting cocaine? I doubt it) than getting pinged for actually using clen. I had a look at some match photos from the time that the two of them apparently got unlucky and Josh Thomas was extremely lean, if he stepped on stage at a natural bodybuilding competition at the time that he did coke that was laced with clenbuterol, he'd smoke the competition. Seems pretty likely to me that Magpies with their influence in the media spun it hard, and the media being invested along with the AFL in selling the image of the AFL as a clean competition, let it die fairly quickly. Jon Ralph in his article on Murray referred to Collingwood's explanation as fact. If someone blew the whistle on use of drugs of all kinds in footy and could prove it, it'd be a disaster for the league. As pointed out earlier in this thread, this news has been intentionally buried underneath the events in parliament this week

Interesting, there aren't too many lean AFL players out there :rolleyes:

Anyway, they were punished as if they took it intentionally so whats the difference.

I have no idea why this is being spun up into a tornado and none of the other 100s of AFL players that use drugs flat out arent called out.

Ive personally seen more afl players off their heads on narcorics than i can count on my hands, both during season and off season and ive also seen and heard of current afl players being heavily involved in drug trafficking. Media and the AFL turn a blind eye constantly and then randomly go down hard on a bloke every so often. Disgusting.

These are young blokes with more money than they know what to do with, hanging out in a boys club culture that encourages pushing the limits of substance abuse. Local footy clubs all around the country are a classic example of this.

Just because someones an AFL player doesent take away their innate desire to do dumb stuff.

Footy players should join the music industry, so then no-one cares how many drugs they use.

You're not wrong, I just find it much less likely that they had clen in their coke (would that really be your first option for cutting cocaine? I doubt it) than getting pinged for actually using clen. I had a look at some match photos from the time that the two of them apparently got unlucky and Josh Thomas was extremely lean, if he stepped on stage at a natural bodybuilding competition at the time that he did coke that was laced with clenbuterol, he'd smoke the competition. Seems pretty likely to me that Magpies with their influence in the media spun it hard, and the media being invested along with the AFL in selling the image of the AFL as a clean competition, let it die fairly quickly. Jon Ralph in his article on Murray referred to Collingwood's explanation as fact. If someone blew the whistle on use of drugs of all kinds in footy and could prove it, it'd be a disaster for the league. As pointed out earlier in this thread, this news has been intentionally buried underneath the events in parliament this week
Dude, their Coke wasn't laced with clem, they cheated, but like all drug cheats they lie.

Warney threw his mum under the bus FFS.

Clembuterul (spelling?) Has exactly zero therapeutic affects, it's also very expensive, so who in their right mind would lace it with Coke when glucose would have more of an affect?

Last edited:
Apologies if it has been raised, but if he has tested positive on game day, under the rules, can Collingwood now be stripped of premiership points as it’s deemed as performance enhancing.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Would not need to as we lost to Richmond! It was the individuals choice to take illicit drugs (rumour coke)! It was not like the Collingwood fc gave all players a couple of lines before they run out on the mcg! He will cop
His sanction weather it is 1,2 ,3 4 years.

Get I’m into a drug and alcohol program and let’s all move on

Was tongue in cheek not enough the outrage dam it
Still hurting missing the finals in 2013 abs this year aswell mate???

Completely different circumstances. This is an individual’s decision not the clubs decision give him the illicit drug. He will cop his ban! The only thing the afl will pose onto Collingwood and all afl clubs will be to enroll all players into
A drug and alcohol seminar about the dangers and risks of consuming drugs and too much alcohol.

Essendon’s situation is completely different and you know it!!

4 years for a line of coke? what a ******* joke. Half the players in the AFL should be banned then! how the * does he get 4 years when the Essendon players only got 1? The AFL is a ******* joke

Illicit drugs have no place in sport whether in season or off season. Athletes should be clear all year. As fans and members we invest out time and passion into sports and should get our money's worth.

Time for clubs to do their own random tests all year round. Happens in many work places so can't see an issue. If players are clean then nothing to worry about. The AFLPA will never allow this to happen though.

No sympathy for this guy but hope he gets off the party drugs. They have no place in society and only cause harm. I laugh when I see posters stating that it's no big deal in the off season. Are u friggin kidding me? If it's ok then tell your kids that it's ok to do drugs on the school holidays.

These excuses of "too much money" and "boys clubs", etc. are just stupid. I, like many others have had issues where u can easily turn to drugs and alcohol. But I say no I don't need that crap in my life. Willpower can go a long way to help someone make the right choice.

Life ban.

4 years for a line of coke? what a ******* joke. Half the players in the AFL should be banned then! how the **** does he get 4 years when the Essendon players only got 1? The AFL is a ******* joke
A line of coke is not a joke. And if half the players could be banned, I say ban them and start fresh. A very strong message that there is zero tolerance.

4 yrs is not enough. Life ban.

A line of coke is not a joke. And if half the players could be banned, I say ban them and start fresh. A very strong message that there is zero tolerance.

4 yrs is not enough. Life ban.

A line of coke is very much shits and gigs for a 23 year old. Being a footballer and knowing the testing regime he was dumb to get caught though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A line of coke is very much shits and gigs for a 23 year old. Being a footballer and knowing the testing regime he was dumb to get caught though.
Shits and gigs for a 23yo? That's the problem right here. I would be mortified if I heard my 21yo dabbled in this crap. Not acceptable in any form.
He was very dumb to do it in the first place not because he got caught.

Shits and gigs for a 23yo? That's the problem right here. I would be mortified if I heard my 21yo dabbled in this crap. Not acceptable in any form.

I'm not making a judgement either way I'm just saying how it is

Random drugs tests all year round. All clubs should do this. The AFLPA will never let it happen though.

If caught then suspend indefinitely or just delist.
Jackess was trolling hard. Should see her on the DaT board, apparently the Lions have some rising star nom dude who chip scabs across HB who's better than Stephenson, she's not a big fan of Collingwood.

Last edited:
If your 23 year old son plays football prepare to be mortified, it's becoming a culture, not Coke necessarily, but Extacy, commonly known as pingers, it's rife amongst the younger senior players.

Your boy might be clean but he'd know of plenty who aren't.

Those calling for a life ban need to get a grip.

It is not up to a 21 year old county kid to be the moral exemplar of society.

If you don't want your kids to have problems, teach them the risks of alcohol and drugs.

Don't look to the afl...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back