Play Nice Sam Murray Under ASADA Investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Those calling for a life ban need to get a grip.

It is not up to a 21 year old county kid to be the moral exemplar of society.

If you don't want your kids to have problems, teach them the risks of alcohol and drugs.

Don't look to the afl...
He'll never play AFL again mate, Collingwood were playing Richmond, the reigning premiers, he decides to do coke 2 days before the game, unforgivable.

He'll never play AFL again mate, Collingwood were playing Richmond, the reigning premiers, he decides to do coke 2 days before the game, unforgivable.

Pffft, he'll just get a trade to a non AFL state in order to move out of the spotlight, and it will be forgotten about.

Not getting caught equates to it not being an issue?

How many positive tests did Ben Cousins return while he was playing?
So why is the OP singling out Collingwood as if it’s only their players who do drugs?

Random drugs tests all year round. All clubs should do this. The AFLPA will never let it happen though.

If caught then suspend indefinitely or just delist.
You seriously are ignorant to what happens in society. I guess you want to ban immigration next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes when they go out on sat night. A lot more sensible than doing drugs for fun.
So they don't drink alcohol for fun?

Alcohol is just a drug that the government can squeeze money from.

Funny how people tare into him like he's guilty of murdering someone. He took drugs which is what many people on here have did at some stage in their lives or their family member or friend has. Not to mention a s**t load of the players.

Condemn the poor kid to hell what a bad person:rolleyes:

Yes when they go out on sat night. A lot more sensible than doing drugs for fun.
Not saying cocaine is the way to go but it's naive not to class alcohol in the same category is very naive it's one of the harshest drugs out there.

You know if you've drilled your drug stance on your young one he's more likely to try the forbidden fruit it's human nature especially for a 21 year old.

So why is the OP singling out Collingwood as if it’s only their players who do drugs?

Looking at the OP (which may have since been Mod edited), I would suggest because he is a listed Collingwood Player.
Add in the two recent bans, plus Swans admission and obviously trying to draw a form line as such.

No different in terms of the allegations levelled at West Coast for their clubs drug culture over the years in comparison.

No doubt recreational drug use is as prevalent in football clubs player ranks as it is in society in general.
Having worked in and around Hospitals, you can get a real sense for the damage that today's manufactured drugs are doing (Ice is a mother*er), the damage it causes to individuals lives but also their families is staggering. (I can attest from first hand experience here)

That's not even starting on the Criminal element that manifests itself feeding off the habits of the frequent user\addict and I can understand and appreciate a Zero Tolerance Policy but also recognise the investment made by sporting Leagues in Player Education and Welfare programs as these young men are given large amounts of cash, adulation and simply fall victim to the temptations IMO

I feel sorry for anyone who feels that recreational drugs are their best avenue to having a good time.

You don't decide to try coke for the first time 2 days before playing the reigning premier, it's pretty obvious the dude has an issue with the drug.
I'm genuinely curious how a 20 year old who has managed less than 15 games of AFL has found himself a cocaine habit :drunk:

Drugs in Australia are ridiculously expensive.

I'm genuinely curious how a 20 year old who has managed less than 15 games of AFL has found himself a cocaine habit :drunk:

Drugs in Australia are ridiculously expensive.
You don’t have to have an AFL players salary to be able to afford some nose beers for a couple nights a week.

Or do you just assume that ‘habit’ = daily use?

You don’t have to have an AFL players salary to be able to afford some nose beers for a couple nights a week.

Or do you just assume that ‘habit’ = daily use?
So it's gone from an "issue" to a "some nose beers a couple of nights a week". Ok then.

I personally find it difficult to believe there's many 20 year olds regularly using cocaine a couple of nights a week... from my experience that's something you tend to do on weekends/holidays or flat out all the time. That's just my experience though.

I feel sorry for anyone who feels that recreational drugs are their best avenue to having a good time.
Don't lump all recreational drugs together.

Psilocybin mushrooms are a gift from god and everyone should ingest them.

Also, ASADA don't test for them. Ketamine should be easy to get away with too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back