Play Nice Sam Murray Under ASADA Investigation

Kavliaris69

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2011
"A Little Left of Heaven"
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You seriously are ignorant to what happens in society. I guess you want to ban immigration next.
Are u trolling me? Do u think random club tests are stupid? I think that u should be careful before making an ignorant response.
You assume I want to ban immigration? Where do u get that idea? Don't make this personal as it is a footy forum and not a political or personal slanging match.

Raymann

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2010
australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Are u trolling me? Do u think random club tests are stupid? I think that u should be careful before making an ignorant response.
You assume I want to ban immigration? Where do u get that idea? Don't make this personal as it is a footy forum and not a political or personal slanging match.
Banning a player for life is ridiculous statement. I just took the natural path.

Kavliaris69

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Banning a player for life is ridiculous statement. I just took the natural path.
Why ridiculous? I am very anti drugs and it has no place is sport or society in general. A clear message needs to be made.

I have known people who have dabbled in a bit of fun with drugs. Hope that you don't have to experience the path of destruction that happened after addiction and daily abuse once it got out of hand.

Peace be with u friend.

Kavliaris69

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If your 23 year old son plays football prepare to be mortified, it's becoming a culture, not Coke necessarily, but Extacy, commonly known as pingers, it's rife amongst the younger senior players.

Your boy might be clean but he'd know of plenty who aren't.
No he doesn't play footy. I'm sure he knows people that do but am confident that he is sensible. We have regular discussions about drug culture.

His small circle of friends are all sensible kids and have distanced themselves from people they know that joined the scene.

I can only hope all is good. Can never be 100% certain though.

JJ14AU

All Australian
Oct 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I personally find it difficult to believe there's many 20 year olds regularly using cocaine a couple of nights a week... from my experience that's something you tend to do on weekends/holidays or flat out all the time. That's just my experience though.
The couple of nights a week was meant to imply that it was used when going out throughout the entire week. As a former 20 year old, going out on a Tues/Weds night and again on a Sat/Sun night was the norm.

Sharing is caring when it comes to spreading the cost between a couple friends on a night out also.

Madness101

All Australian
Oct 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Why ridiculous? I am very anti drugs and it has no place is sport or society in general. A clear message needs to be made.

I have known people who have dabbled in a bit of fun with drugs. Hope that you don't have to experience the path of destruction that happened after addiction and daily abuse once it got out of hand.

Peace be with u friend.

This is the same thinking that leads to 'wars on drugs'. It doesn't work.

I get drugs can be bad, ruin lives and you are anti drugs. But do you really think this guy should be banned for life for doing some coke?

Who does Sam Murray need to be made an example for? I can only assume children.

Teach kids about the dangers of drugs and educate them so they can make informed decisions later in life

Don't blame a 21 year old afl player for not being the perfect citizen

Kavliaris69

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is the same thinking that leads to 'wars on drugs'. It doesn't work.

I get drugs can be bad, ruin lives and you are anti drugs. But do you really think this guy should be banned for life for doing some coke?

Who does Sam Murray need to be made an example for? I can only assume children.

Teach kids about the dangers of drugs and educate them so they can make informed decisions later in life

Don't blame a 21 year old afl player for not being the perfect citizen
Yes banned for life. All players that get caught should be. I don't care if it's a big name player either. Whether it's buddy, Gunston, Ablett, gaff, Bont, etc.

I like many of you on this forum keep the clubs coffers full of membership money. Don't u think we all deserve better bang for our buck? Don't u think we deserve transparency? Don't you thing we deserve the highest level of performance & professionalism?

I, and many others do. I wouldn't like to see any hawks player test positive. In saying that if it happens then ban for life. Don't care who it is.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Boy oh boy, some people sure are special aren't they!

Please explain how what you've quoted implies that only three people have taken drugs?

Thanks mate, I appreciate it! :thumbsu:

(PS: As I said before, if anyone on my team was caught taking performance enhancing drugs on game day I'd expect the club to be sanctioned.)

Boy oh boy wowee, not sure you get the meaning of comprehension.

I'm not implying only 3 players have taken drugs I'm implying you think that, of course illicit drug use is rife in the AFL. From what I understand you want one club sanctioned because one of their players without their knowledge used an illicit substance then later tested positive on game day.

So no other player has been tested positive on game day (as far as I know) because of either A/ they didn't use an illicit substance or B/ didn't get caught but they still use.

You and I and everyone else knows it is likely the latter.

So it's ok to still be eligible to play so long as you don't "get caught". That's the impression I get from your posts - tell me different.

Oct 21, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Golden Knights
No he doesn't play footy. I'm sure he knows people that do but am confident that he is sensible. We have regular discussions about drug culture.

His small circle of friends are all sensible kids and have distanced themselves from people they know that joined the scene.

I can only hope all is good. Can never be 100% certain though.

Nah bit naive there champ.

Plenty of completely sensible, rational, responsible and level-headed 23 year olds go out and munch 3 pingers on the weekend.

boltsbabyblues

Cancelled
Aug 27, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Shits and gigs for a 23yo? That's the problem right here. I would be mortified if I heard my 21yo dabbled in this crap. Not acceptable in any form.
He was very dumb to do it in the first place not because he got caught.

from personal experience, you may want to find a new team to support then champ

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Yes the club may not have endorsed or even known about it but if it gives the team an unfair advantage how is it fair for their opponents?

Are you on drugs? Are you seriously questioning that there is a possibility that the club knew and endorsed this behaviour?

You do know that clubs are not informed of positive tests of their players until the 3rd strike right? In this particular case you do know that the club only learnt of the positive result late last week right?

To suggest that the club could possibly condone or turn a blind eye to this is absurd and frankly insulting.

Absolutely right. But alcohol in social environments does not cause the same issues with addiction and ODs that illicit drugs do. Much much worse.
Are you sure about that?

Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne

Peace be with u friend.
Pure ignorance.

Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yes banned for life. All players that get caught should be. I don't care if it's a big name player either. Whether it's buddy, Gunston, Ablett, gaff, Bont, etc.

I like many of you on this forum keep the clubs coffers full of membership money. Don't u think we all deserve better bang for our buck? Don't u think we deserve transparency? Don't you thing we deserve the highest level of performance & professionalism?

I, and many others do. I wouldn't like to see any hawks player test positive. In saying that if it happens then ban for life. Don't care who it is.
All that would do is makes the players more secretive, not curtail their drug usage.
Going on your theory do all people get banned form their work if they get a drug conviction/positive test??
You show a complete lack of understanding of the issue and revert to a simplistic approach which you find easy.

atlaser

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Dude, their Coke wasn't laced with clem, they cheated, but like all drug cheats they lie.

Warney threw his mum under the bus FFS.

Clembuterul (spelling?) Has exactly zero therapeutic affects, it's also very expensive, so who in their right mind would lace it with Coke when glucose would have more of an affect?

That's what I'm saying, why would a drug dealer waste a clenbuterol supply by putting it in coke when there are many better options? I don't think you are disagreeing with me

Interesting, there aren't too many lean AFL players out there :rolleyes:

Anyway, they were punished as if they took it intentionally so whats the difference.

This is not a natural athlete. There isn't necessarily anything wrong with that being the case but it is what it is. The likelihood that this guy, who was later confirmed as having a PED in his system as never intentionally taking them is extremely low.

Josh+Thomas+Melbourne+v+Collingwood+jiBk31BV7Fsl.jpg

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
The couple of nights a week was meant to imply that it was used when going out throughout the entire week. As a former 20 year old, going out on a Tues/Weds night and again on a Sat/Sun night was the norm.

Sharing is caring when it comes to spreading the cost between a couple friends on a night out also.
Yes my man, always up for chipping in for some baggies over here!

I get how it all works, still find it suss though.
Are you on drugs? Are you seriously questioning that there is a possibility that the club knew and endorsed this behaviour?
He didn't say that all mate. He said it doesn't matter if the club knew or not, and he's right.

Imagine losing a grand final where it's later found five members of the opposite team had all taken "recreational but also performance enhancing drugs" before a game. Club didn't know, so no penalties apply. Sounds s**t.

BPikkers

Cancelled
Oct 14, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

If you feel that anyone caught taking recreational drugs should be banned, why only those caught? Shouldn’t it be ANYONE taking drugs should be banned?

Back