Autopsy NM vs Saints - Rd 23, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, and Waitey... your last kick after the siren exemplified you and I mean that with complete respect. You will be greatly missed, there will be tears shed by some knowing we won't see you again but your wry grin makes me know you knew you weren't going out with a goal after the siren, it's far harder to hit the post.

Respect.
He probably did hit the post on purpose. So Jarred Waite.

I would like to see how we would fare if Majak took Ruck duty at most/all centre square ball ups, then went straight to D50 and Goldy takes over around the ground, it seems to me we get more clearances, and ensuing scoring chains, rather than lose 1st posession and end up chasing tail all day.
I think that is an excellent idea tbh. Thinking outside the box and would cause some match-up issues for the opposition.

That's the type of thinking that got Team USA back in the game against Team Iceland. Wu Wu Wu Kenny Wu!

EveryDirectCaterpillar-max-1mb.gif

Yeh, classic last round meaningless game. Very open, plenty of goals and not too much intensity and defensive structure. Was good to watch and at least the Saints fought it out. Every time they had a bit of a surge we would always reply. Very glad we won and went home with a smile and plenty to look forward to. I would have taken 12 wins at the start of the season in an instant.

Yeh, classic last round meaningless game. Very open, plenty of goals and not too much intensity and defensive structure. Was good to watch and at least the Saints fought it out. Every time they had a bit of a surge we would always reply. Very glad we won and went home with a smile and plenty to look forward to. I would have taken 12 wins at the start of the season in an instant.
I have a feeling if we weren’t so Brown conscious then this could of been a 10 goal smashing.

Plenty of times players delayed their disposal or took a bad option to try and get Browny the ball.

I felt ripped off today.

I either wanted to see Ben Brown kick 8 to knock off Mongwoldt, Luke Davies-Uniacke give us something to get us excited for 2019 or a 10 goal smashing of the Saints.

All I got was a lacklustre, ugly mediocre win against a very average side.

Thank * for Waitey otherwise it would have been a pretty average afternoon at the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had to listen to them keep bleating on all day about how the umpires were gifting us the win.

To top it off they continually booed Maj for bumping the body while going for a contest...... moronic.

Ha. I was thinking how many times in the early part of this decade/last decade we were on the end of a Riewoldt, Hayes. Nds etc thrashing and they still behaved like flogs?

Cry me a river

They nearly knocked off Hawthorn last week. They bet Melbourne 6-7 weeks ago. Saints aren't as bad as their record shows.
I think that result said a lot more about Hawthorn than St Kilda.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Richmond teach them a football lesson in a couple of weeks time.

Could have easily lost their last 4. Not a sign of a side hitting their straps. Even though they have finished top 4 they look more a side limping home than a real contender.

I felt ripped off today.

I either wanted to see Ben Brown kick 8 to knock off Mongwoldt, Luke Davies-Uniacke give us something to get us excited for 2019 or a 10 goal smashing of the Saints.

All I got was a lacklustre, ugly mediocre win against a very average side.

Thank **** for Waitey otherwise it would have been a pretty average afternoon at the footy.
Cant please some

Really? Interesting call.

Clearly Waite. Possibly Thompson, but I think he'll get one more year. I assume Hrovat is your 3rd player and I'm on the fence about him staying. Probably just doesn't do enough to justify staying on the list. And who's number 4 - Clarke? No chance of him being de-listed, IMO.

Maybe you're thinking of others.

Wright.

I would like to see how we would fare if Majak took Ruck duty at most/all centre square ball ups, then went straight to D50 and Goldy takes over around the ground, it seems to me we get more clearances, and ensuing scoring chains, rather than lose 1st posession and end up chasing tail all day.
Absolute great call. I've been thinking this for awhile now. His vertical leap and tap to advantage is consistently elite.

I thought we were poor for a lot of the match and we're lucky that StKilda were garbage at transitioning inside 50.

Anyway, farewell 2018, I will not remember you fondly.

Saints fans are...interesting.

The third quarter saw Saints people I suspected were in fact dead in their seats in the first half come to life in a major way.

Chirpy would be understating it. There was nothing at all on the line. It was as if a finals berth was on the line.

Ah well............ciao season 2018! :thumbsu:

You could tell we were looking for Browny in the 1st half and it cost us goals by stuffing around with it. So be it. Didn't have that problem in the 3rd because we couldn't get it hands on the pill.
I honestly don't think we were. Jack kicked 3, Waite, Simpkin and Higgins got involved also.

Saints defenders just hadn't worked out they could double team and scrag him without being penalised. They left him one out and he spanked his direct opponent.

After half time he had multiple opponents and was regularly held off the ball, cue going quiet for the remainder of the game.

He needs some help from team mates.

The third quarter saw Saints people I suspected were in fact dead in their seats in the first half come to life in a major way.

Chirpy would be understating it. There was nothing at all on the line. It was as if a finals berth was on the line.

Ah well............ciao season 2018! :thumbsu:
Noticed that as well, was very noticeable with the turned up sound they had on the telecast.

Shots of North fans watching the game and cheering the players, with saints fans in the seats in front of them leaning over the fence screaming at anyone on the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back