Toast Lions get two AA squad members

Remove this Banner Ad

Great recognition for Harris. Would've been a monty had he stayed healthy
He's up against Rance, McGovern and Grimes as a tall defender. I have a feeling he'll be third in that list, so it depends how many mids they want to pack into the defensive pockets. :p

He's up against Rance, McGovern and Grimes as a tall defender. I have a feeling he'll be third in that list, so it depends how many mids they want to pack into the defensive pockets. :p

And Blicavs

That is huge for Harris! By far the youngest of the nominated key defenders, probably one of the youngest nominated players overall. And got there after missing four weeks with a bad injury and coming back possibly a little underdone.

The rest of the league is starting to realise what we already knew about him.

not a fan of Stewart? thought he's been very good this year in that side. Can play smaller too so I'd almost have him in there as the 3rd tallish player

not a fan of Stewart? thought he's been very good this year in that side. Can play smaller too so I'd almost have him in there as the 3rd tallish player
I don't really consider him a tall defender, more a medium to small.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is Grimes really. Kind of like Gardiner in they can play tall but take the hybrid size players more often
Gardiner is probably better than him offensively, which is credit to his own development really. Wasn't he one of those who'd turn it over a heck of a lot as a kid?

Based on history there won't be a third tall. Two big boys and four flankers. Thats your AA.

That’s not correct.

2017: McGovern, Rance and Hurley
2016: McGovern, Rance and Talia
2015: Rance, Hurley, Gibson
2014: Rance, Talia, Hooker
2013: Thompson, Taylor, Johnson

...and so on. I went back 10 years and couldn’t find any less than three tall defenders named each year.

Following the same selection logic, Andrews would be in with a shout, although I suspect Grimes, Stewart or Blicavs will get the nod ahead of him.

That’s not correct.

2017: McGovern, Rance and Hurley
2016: McGovern, Rance and Talia
2015: Rance, Hurley, Gibson
2014: Rance, Talia, Hooker
2013: Thompson, Taylor, Johnson

...and so on. I went back 10 years and couldn’t find any less than three tall defenders named each year.

Following the same selection logic, Andrews would be in with a shout, although I suspect Grimes, Stewart or Blicavs will get the nod ahead of him.

I went back 10 years and couldn’t find any less than three tall defenders named each year.

2yearold.png

kewl o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back