Your 2018 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well campaigners, the suffering is finally over...
giphy.gif

...until next year :drunk:

After starting the season at rank 52,523, I finish this year at an overall rank of 13,010, with a season average of 2206.
Decent recovery considering I had no trades for 8 rounds.

Season Rank Worm:
Season Rank.JPG
Overall Rank Progression:_____________________________Trade History:
upload_2018-8-27_9-6-21.png _______________ upload_2018-8-27_9-6-32.png

Highlight of the Season:
Was actually running out of trades at Round 15 :moustache:.
With trades, my average score over 15 rounds was 2079.
Without trades, 2364, 2598, 2448, 2451, 2497, 2360, 2482, 2339, leading to an average of 2442 in the last 8 rounds.
That's a 363 points per round difference! No donuts too....until Grand Final week where I copped 2 of them :'( (The dream was too good to be true).

During this streak, in BigFooty Div 13, I somehow came from 13th (at RD 15) to scrape into 7th place in the last round (RD 19). From there I won all three finals by single digits until the Grand Final, where my luck of No Trades, No Donuts ran out, and finished as Runner-Up by 7 points :oops:.

****ups (Oh boy, Here we go :$):
- Starting: Vlastuin over Simpson. Jelly over Titch/Piggy. Lobb over McLean/Heeney. Billings over Anyone. McGovern over Yeo. Walters over Gray.
- Listening to that ******* ****stick Journo who said Piggy Oliver was in doubt for round 1. What a ******! Ended up starting Jelly over him who got injured in RD 2 :mad:
- Premium Rookies...over the whole year...shithouse. (Except Will Brodie who's decent but Dew is a campaigner so I never got him)
- Trading in Luke Ryan.
- Not getting Grundy, Yeo, TMac in earlier.
- Not having Macrae and seagull Lloyd.
- Obvious Rookie bench option mistakes and poor VC/C choices.
- Not planning for the byes for the second year in a row :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Never Again List:
Billings, McGovern, Walters, Luke Ryan, basically any Freo Flogs that's name isn't Nat Fyfe.

Had the scoring and carnage I had before I ran out of trades continued throughout the season, this would without a doubt have been my worst ever SC year. Rounds 1-15 for me was probably my worst form since I started playing SuperCoach in 2011. However Rounds 16-23 was up there with my best form in SC. So it kinda evens them out, hopefully I continue this form into next year.

Anyways, cheers to all you kents for a great year on this board :beercheers:.
To all those with teams not in the finals, have a great off season and drink a lot :thumbsu:.
To all those with team in the finals, hope its a good series and good luck (Unless you're playing against the Tigers :moustache:).
I'll be back to pointlessly plan for the next season, only to get ****** royally by the SC Gods once again :drunk:.
Ciao campaigners.
giphy.gif

Team Name: Toe Bashers
Finishing Rank: 2,169
Highest Round Rank: 4,249
Highest Season Rank: 1,495
Average Score: 2,253
Total Score: 51,826

Last year I finished 4,065th. Major improvements made from me.

Played for leagues this year, and won the grand final for all cash leagues, so I'm happy with that.

Where it went right:
1. Starting with Coniglio and Titch
2. Good structure and starting rookies really helped me not burn trades early

Where it went wrong:
1. Got on Cripps quite late
2. Didn't start the season with Macrae, brought him in after his injury
3. Starting with Zerrett, went he had that fault of a start to the season
4. Didn't have Grundy

Learnt:
1. SC sucks, but I'll be back again next year, and every year after that

Team Name: SnowSky
Overall Rank: 3rd
Highest Weekly: 137

I don’t like to gloat, but I’m absolutely pumped with a podium finish. I’ve been playing for a while and have never threatened the top ranks before so it was nice for everything to come together for one year.

Best - Not starting Hibberd. Not starting any expensive Rookies. Starting with Simpson and McLean. Trading in Neale (rd7) and Lloyd (rd9) early. Passing on Bonner.

Worst - Trading in Boak and Walters in the same week. Trading in Treloar the week he did his hammies. Trading in JPK the week he did his back. Starting Billings and Petracca. Never owning Macrae.

Thanks everyone for cheering me on and for all of your advice. See you all next year!

View attachment 550000
You stayed in the top 10 overall from rd7 onwards. That is a ******* MARVELOUS EFFORT! Outstanding year mate. Well done

-CarnThePies-

Final rank: 16,101
Total score: 50,530
Highest rd rank: 588 (rd20)
Highest score: 2752 (PB)

Starters GAJ Sloane Goldy Greene Walters all burnmen. Burnt far too many sideways trades early on. Thankfully no Billings or Petracca. After all said and done, my team was incomplete with Cole my D6. My rd23 side had 5 rookies on field. Nuff said.

Lloyd my starting MVP.
Goldy>Grundy my best trade (rd5).
JJK worst trade.
My PB a few weeks ago a great highlight in an otherwise bleak year.

Congrats to all who kicked ass this year and to those of you had it tough, I hope for better things to come next season. I love this game and I love this forum. The puppies, the melts, the general banter and comradery here are the best bar none.

I’ll be migrating over to the NFL forum soon, so I’ll see you kents again once 2019 team picker opens up. All the best and be well you splendid kentlemen!

Last edited:
Another stinker year.
Ended round 1 ranked 14k, managed to claw my way into 8.5k by round 17, then the last 5 weeks saw me drop by over 10k to 18,931 :sick:

* ups, buckle up, there was a lot:
Didn't start Coniglio or Dev Smith
Never got Lloyd, Macrae, Grundy, etc.
I could never get the C on Titch the right weeks, missed the the 192 and 181, I had him as C multiple times and took good VC scores ahead of him, the times he got the first shot as the VC for me he scored 72, 106, 153 and 102. Just kept getting it wrong.
Starting Danger, probably the smallest stuff up, scored well, but dipping in price by almost 200k after his bye, the money could of been better spent, especially after he was missing round 1, not a good POD to start.
Starting Billings + trading him out at 317k when he got dropped.
Starting Hibberd, ditched him early for Gray but still yuck.
Starting tuckshop arms McGovern, traded him out round 8 when he was too fat to fit on the plane, another 60k lost on a starting player.
Trading in Howe round 9 @ 526k instead of Lloyd @ 511k.
Falling for the Rockliff trap, AGAIN.
Captaining Fyfe in round 15 (43 points) instead of TMitch (181).
Starting Kruezer. 42 of a possible 44 games the last 2 seasons, 603k, wasted a trade on Olango to English in round 2 to cover the Kreuzer donut in round 2, end up trading Kruezer round 5 anyways, after a 60k loss, 2 weeks late to get on the Grundy train who had already rocketed up to 630k, used another trade later in the year to get Olango back in for English, 2 trades on R3 for a 153k gain and 1 donut saving 33 points from English in round 2.
Starting with crap rookies, Murphy never even made it out of my team, Hunter Clark (who I trade to Dom Barry LOL), Andrew Brayshaw, ZLG, Liam Ryan, Venables, traded Holman out at 263k, etc...
And the cherry on top of using my 3rd last trade to get Lambo who missed the last 2 games, using my second last trade to get Ryan in for the dead Sicily and using my last trade to get rid of the dead Ryan (who averaged a whopping 68.5 while in my team) to Witherden in round 22 who proceeded to do his hammy in the first quarter.
3 donuts for the year, 2 in the last round.

Things I got right:
Constantly telling people not to pick Petracca lol
Trading in Gunston @ 444k, averaged 101.8 for me.
Trading in Wingard @ 394k, averaged 101.2 for me.
Trading in Beams @ 474k, averaged 117.25 for me.
Had a few good captain scores throughout the year from various players, usually dobbed a good VC score and banked it, thanks Olango.
Dusty: 139, 160, 160, 139 (missed TMitchs 192 this week tho rip)
Fyfe: 160, 126, 154
Gawn: 127, 139, 151
Danger: 158, 187
Cripps: 173
Titch: 153
Beams: 144

When does the Gold Picker open? I'm ready to hate my team by round 6 again.

Last edited:
Another stinker year.
Ended round 1 ranked 14k, managed to claw my way into 8.5k by round 17, then the last 5 weeks saw me drop by over 10k to 18,931 :sick:

**** ups, buckle up, there was a lot:
Didn't start Coniglio or Dev Smith
Never got Lloyd, Macrae, Grundy, etc.
I could never get the C on Titch the right weeks, missed the the 192 and 181, I had him as C multiple times and took good VC scores ahead of him, the times he got the first shot as the VC for me he scored 72, 106, 153 and 102. Just kept getting it wrong.
Starting Danger, probably the smallest stuff up, scored well, but dipping in price by almost 200k after his bye, the money could of been better spent, especially after he was missing round 1, not a good POD to start.
Starting Billings + trading him out at 317k when he got dropped.
Starting Hibberd, ditched him early for Gray but still yuck.
Starting tuckshop arms McGovern, traded him out round 8 when he was too fat to fit on the plane, another 60k lost on a starting player.
Trading in Howe round 9 @ 526k instead of Lloyd @ 511k.
Falling for the Rockliff trap, AGAIN.
Captaining Fyfe in round 15 (43 points) instead of TMitch (181).
Starting Kruezer. 42 of a possible 44 games the last 2 seasons, 603k, wasted a trade on Olango to English in round 2 to cover the Kreuzer donut in round 2, end up trading Kruezer round 5 anyways, after a 60k loss, 2 weeks late to get on the Grundy train who had already rocketed up to 630k, used another trade later in the year to get Olango back in for English, 2 trades on R3 for a 153k gain and 1 donut saving 33 points from English in round 2.
Starting with crap rookies, Murphy never even made it out of my team, Hunter Clark (who I trade to Dom Barry LOL), Andrew Brayshaw, ZLG, Liam Ryan, Venables, traded Holman out at 263k, etc...
And the cherry on top of using my 3rd last trade to get Lambo who missed the last 2 games, using my second last trade to get Ryan in for the dead Sicily and using my last trade to get rid of the dead Ryan (who averaged a whopping 68.5 while in my team) to Witherden in round 22 who proceeded to do his hammy in the first quarter.
3 donuts for the year, 2 in the last round.

Things I got right:
Constantly telling people not to pick Petracca lol
Trading in Gunston @ 444k, averaged 101.8 for me.
Trading in Wingard @ 394k, averaged 101.2 for me.
Trading in Beams @ 474k, averaged 117.25 for me.
Had a few good captain scores throughout the year from various players, usually dobbed a good VC score and banked it, thanks Olango.
Dusty: 139, 160, 160, 139 (missed TMitchs 192 this week tho rip)
Fyfe: 160, 126, 154
Gawn: 127, 139, 151
Danger: 158, 187
Cripps: 173
Titch: 153
Beams: 144

When does the Gold Picker open? I'm ready to hate my team by round 6 again.
:eek:

That list of * ups
506729_c841faf1434b5c223dca5413fc5b85a7.GIF

Man I am glad this campaigner of a season of superocach is over!

Another season of what promised to be great but ended up meh!

dud.PNG

Overall ranking of 1,347 is respectable I suppose considering the carnage I copped towards the end of the season with only 2 trades left - Sicily, Savage, Gaff, Howe, Nank, Jelly. :$

Used my last 2 trades on Sicily and Savage and then the supercoach gods continued to shove a giant dildo up my arse while I had joined the no trades club! :'(

End team -

team.PNG

Midfield cost me in the end as I never got in a proper M8 (got Westhoff in instead so was always playing him, Wingard or Heeney at M8.

Gaff and Jelly f@rked me over at times too towards the end of the season. :'(

Scored 2529 this week despite playing Holman at M8. LOL! Having to play that spud the last few weeks and him and Giro last week just really killed my chances of winning any grand finals and getting a top 500 overall. :'(

Trade History -

Ok kents have a good old laugh here. LOL! :D:thumbsu:

t2.PNG

t1.PNG

What went right?

Not starting with Danger. :moustache::thumbsu:

Starting with a 3 premo defense which aloud me to spend big in other areas. :moustache::thumbsu:

Starting Mitchell and getting most of his captain scores. :moustache::thumbsu:

What went wrong?

F@rk, too much to mention. :'(

Starting with Savage over Lloyd. :'(

Starting with Nank over Grundy. :'(

Starting Jelly over Oliver or Macrae. :'(

Not starting Simpson. :'(

Starting Billings and Petracca. :drunk:

Never getting in Grundy and Macrae. :'(

Trading in Treloar and Howe just before the byes. Never again will I pick these 2 filthy kents. :mad::thumbsdown::fire::fire:

Trading in Howe over Lloyd due to being too round 14 bye heavy. F@rk the byes. :mad::thumbsdown::fire:

Running out of trades at round 18. Held on for as long as I could god damnit! :straining:

Was in 9 preliminary finals and lost them all including my cash league due to the carnage that hit my team! :'(

Highlight of the year by far was unleashing Rubys puppies last night to the mases! :D:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::rainbow:

Seeya in December kenties when team picker opens. I need to make sure I manage my trades better. :p:thumbsu:

Last edited:
Final rank: 1,169

It should have been higher but I lost interest mid year and missed points due to forgetting to loophole captains etc. I finished 1,676 in 2017 and 1,669 in 2016 so I've got some good consistency going.

Best trades:
- Kelly to Coniglio in Round 4, that saved weeks of missing Kelly due to injury.
- Finlayson to Yeo
- Walters to Merrett in round 7, he was discounted and scored over 100 most games from then onwards.
- Coffield to Wingard at 375k, after his midfield move he scored well for the rest of the season

Worst trades:
- Murray to Tuohy. Dunno why I thought tuohy would be any good.
- Doedee to Webster, similar to tuohy and got injured as well
- Banfield to Gray (581k) I overpaid for gray and he went back to his forward role at that point.

Where it went wrong: My starting team was way too safe and I overpaid for a lot of players. Hibberd was the main * up. Next year I'll be more agressive. Also LDU cost me big time in the first few rounds with some s**t scores.

Round 23: 2,596 (fielding Ahern/Guelfi)
Total Score: 51,840
Final Rank: 2,096
Major Grand Finals Won: 1 (Hai_Newman)

Managed to climb from 10,500 in the last 8 weeks. Disappointed not breaking top 1,000 goal after falling just short the last 2 years but with s**t trucks Kreuzer, Hibberd, Savage, Billings, Petracca, Franklin and Lambert in my Rd1 team it was always an uphill battle.

End squad (bold the originals):
DEF: Lloyd, Yeo, Brayshaw, Simpson, Laird, Hurn
MID: Dangerfield, TMitchell, Cripps, Beams, Z.Merrett, Coniglio, Martin, Parker
RUC: Grundy, Gawn
FWD: Westhoff, Smith, Gunston, Heeney, McLean, Walters
Final 7 week average of 2,551

Til next year!

A very weird season for me. my first 13 weeks were utter dogshit, the low point being the 10 donuts I ate during the bye rounds. but my last 10 weeks were godly, easily the best side I’ve ever had in 10 odd years of supercoach.

Fails
  • Starting Daniher, Luke McDonald, billings, petracca,
  • Not starting Heeney
  • Accidentally omitting Fyfe from my team in the pre lockout chaos
  • My Rookie trade ins were laughably bad
Success

• Early corrective sideways trades, goldy to Grundy, Daniher to McLean, McDonald to simpson
  • Got Dangerfield in relatively early and easily by downgrading savage.
  • Mundy, wingard, yeo, Lloyd and Oliver were all immense once traded in

Won 2 legit grand finals, and 2 dunce grand finals. None of them I particularly cared about though :shrug:

It was a pleasure this year Kents. Looking forward to doing it all over again.

3_DF445_B4_EA71_44_FE_90_D0_190_BF11_C6_EB5.jpg

224_FCD6_D_FA8_E_4_F7_D_8_D4_D_023071_A73_FEB.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 2k in SC and AF both so pretty stoked with that. First season SC 1853 overall.

Lost the ******* SC GF I care about by ~50 due to LDU pulling out allowing Ahern to play (the second time this year he choses to * me) and Whitfield farting up a storm. Won all my AF but who cares.

Good:

-Nailing most of the good starting rookies inc Waterman, English then McInerney (how good is ruck cover).

-Holding trades so I was able to make 3 trades per bye round (never copped a 0 and won each round by 150+), also got decent value out of Brayshaw and Banfield.

-Good value out of Luke Ryan, McGovern for not too much cost

Bad:

-Lobb and Armitage starting WTF was I thinking

-LDU

-Sauce Jacobs starting ruck

-LDU

It’s fairly simple actually.

It was s**t.

Absolute s**t.

All I learnt was who to add to the “never again” list.

Right, what a year. Pretty happy with my efforts in my 3rd year of Supercoach, with a previous highest finish of 26k, this year I dropped under that just once, and had a high point in the 8k.

Team: Fyfey Spoony

Final Overall Rank: 8774
Total Score: 51,038
Team Value: $13,354,100

Highest Overall Rank: 8206 (Round 16)
Highest Round Rank: 446 (Round 16)
Highest Round Score: 2607 (Round 22)

Best Decisions:
- Starting with Cripps, Gawn, Coniglio, Whitfield, Laird, Robbie Gray, Devon Smith - all were keepers
- Grundy in Round 8
- Wingard in Round 13 at almost his lowest price all year for around a 100 avg
- Fyfe out to Beams in Round 16 for 3 140+ scores, another $120+, 2 more $100+ (and 2 80s), plus $100k in the pocket

Worst Decisions:
- Tim Kelly out for Walters (total waste of a trade and loss of points)
- Holman out for Rockliff (see above)
- Lycett out in ROUND 2 (!) for English (though it did give me cash to get in Mitchell for an injured Matt Crouch)
- Starting with the wet fart that was Billings
- Holding out so long on Llllllloyd (have a gander at the trade history to get to him)
- Savage over Simpson as a last minute change before Round 1
- Starting with Cole because he had trained the house down and was no doubt in Round 2, but cracking it with him and burning a trade in Round 4 only for him to appear slightly after

Just Plain Bad Luck:
- Harris Andrews in for 10 minutes only to get Jeremy Cameron'd
- Matt Crouch in opening team only to be cut down early
- First donut in GF despite setting up a bench of Rockliff and Walters

Missed the Boat:
- Macrae (though I almost got him in just before he got injured, so I guess I dodged a bullet)

The Jesus Christ memorial trophy for 'almost-dead-to-me-but-then-a-saviour':
- D. Martin and L. Franklin for being as useful as wet tissues for weeks, then popping out some reasonable scores at the pointy end when I needed them.

Judd Magic Special Award:
- Franklin out Round 7, Franklin in Round 13

Special Comments:
- Props to Taylin Duman providing quality loophole options in the backline, then suddenly pulling out a game-winning 126 out of nowhere in the Grand Final

Team History:

Barry > Coffield > Ridley > Austin > Andrews > Sicily > Lloyd
Naughton > Yeo
Savage > Simpson
Laird

Finlayson > Hurn
Doedee

Murray > Duman
Cole > Ed Richards

Bonner > Dangerfield
M Crouch > Mitchell
Cripps

Fyfe > Beams
Coniglio
Whitfield
Martin

Billings > Ronke > Ahern > Robinson
Holman > Rockliff
Garlett > Guelfi > Narkle
Banfield > Spargo > P. Wilson

Gawn

Lycett > English > Grundy
Olango

Andy Brayshaw > Franklin
D. Smith

Franklin > Taranto > Wingard
Lobb > Heeney
R. Gray

T Kelly > Walters
Fritsch

Langdon > T. Smith

Bring on 2019.

My SC Season 2018 review. By H2TYW*

Team: Ferris The Bird

Final Overall Rank: 7,203
Total Score: 51,176
Average Score: 2,225
Team Value: $13,213,300

Highest Overall Rank: 6538 (Round 13)
Highest Round Rank: 2281 (Round 21)
Highest Round Score: 2593 (round 18)

Best Decisions:
549579_d5ee2cfc9b864bf0aa6eaa11d13bd587.png
549580_6d102fbfcdb7332529cd7046ed7665ed.PNG

upload_2018-8-27_22-37-59.png

- Starting with Hurn :moustache:, Laird, Mitchell, Cogs, Gawn, Heeney, McLean, Devon, Olango :padlock: all were keepers
- Oliver, Mclean, Yeo, Neale my first 4 upgrades
- Danger (604k) and Simpson (501k) in round 9
- Starting with Fritzl, Finlayson, Murray, TKelly, Doedee
- Bringing in Ronke for his big score
- Not much else :'(

Worst Decisions:
- Rage traded Redden and Sicily out in round 3 :drunk:
- Starting with Lobb and Billings. * me Forwards were a pile of poo this year
- Caring about SC
- In round 11 I traded in Walters and Boak :'(
- Bringing in JJK when there was talk of his leg being amputated

Just Plain Bad Luck:
- Started with Libba. Kinda had a bad feeling after he went down hours into my season. Turned out to be right :think:

Missed the Boat:
- Macrae and maybe Jelly
- Brought in Grundy round 16 and that wanna be Hurn like chip scab seagull campaigner Lloyd round 17 (too late campaigner - season over)

Judd Magic Special Award:
- Yes he is.
- If anyone finds him please alert authorities :p

Special Comments:
- Hurn was a juicy delicious sexy POD, played every game and finished scoring the 37th most points over all
- The byes suck chol

Team History:

upload_2018-8-27_22-44-14.png

Trade History:

upload_2018-8-27_22-50-13.png

A reasonable amount of Starwark single malt scotch was destroyed in the making of this review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back