My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 27, Highly Evolved

Last edited by a moderator:

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
So, you’re saying because he missed 22 games in one season, that is going to reduce his final games tally??? I don’t know, seems a bit far fetched to me.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know right. Nah my point was I expect him to finish right around 300 so that will likely end up being the difference. Don't see him as one of those players that will just keep going and going ala Burgoyne or Fletcher. Not that its a big deal anyway.

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
Only player in the league to finish top 10 in the AFLCA Champion award and supposedly not be worthy of the 40 man AA squad. Laughable.
It’s tough because he’s been great for us but I have no problems with him missing out on the squad. Coniglio & Jetta come to mind as more stiff to miss.

Longjohnmire

Senior List
Dec 31, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
So if you completely and I mean completely forgot who Patrick Dangerfield or Scott Pendlebury were before this season, would either of them be in the squad? I’d say both are there on reputation. I’m surprised Selwood wasn’t in just because of his reputation.

Ah well tough luck Hep, you will be AA skipper next season

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
So if you completely and I mean completely forgot who Patrick Dangerfield or Scott Pendlebury were before this season, would either of them be in the squad? I’d say both are there on reputation. I’m surprised Selwood wasn’t in just because of his reputation.

Ah well tough luck Hep, you will be AA skipper next season
Pendlebury yes, Dangerfield borderline IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Only player in the league to finish top 10 in the AFLCA Champion award and supposedly not be worthy of the 40 man AA squad. Laughable.

16 of the top 17 made it as well, plus Lambert who was 19th. Fyfe and Brayshaw the others in the top 20 who didn't.

Dyson should have absolutely made the 40.

Runner up in the 2018 Crichton Medal

Dons4days

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
New York Knicks, Dallas Cowboys
AA should be the aim for him next year - was stiff to miss the squad this year but should make t with a better win/loss record next year

NoPositiveTests!

Debutant
Jan 11, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Ben Guthrie ‏Verified account @BenGuthrie

Strong leadership from Dyson Heppell at Essendon training this morning. A ball movement drill wasn't going the way it should so the skipper stopped it and brought the players together to discuss and explain where they should be setting up to create the defensive layers needed.

Love seeing this. Some will no doubt argue that this should be expected of a captain - but this man just oozes leadership

Restricted training due to hamstring tendon pain
Restricted training due to tendon pain, aka "minor niggle". It's nice to get a bit more info than the usual jargon we get during the season...

Club captain Dyson Heppell is on restricted training due to minor hamstring soreness, but the inspirational leader remains on track to enter the quickly approaching season with a clean bill of health.

“Dyson has some hamstring tendon pain – we’d call this, in the season, a minor niggle.

“We’d like Dyson, given his workload in the season, to go into competitive AFL matches clean and without any niggles or issues so we’ve taken a really conservative approach to that.

“He had a few days off his feet, he’s back running now, he’s got no pain clinically - which means when in the physio room when we test it, it seems okay.

“We’ll be putting him on an individual program over the next fortnight to try and clear that and give him a clean run at the season.”
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019-02-05/skins-injury-update-preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back