List Mgmt. Welcome Luke Dahlhaus as free agent (CONFIRMED & OFFICIAL 5 Oct)

Luke Dahlhaus . Do you want him at Geelong?

• Total voters
Sounds like a done deal. The story claims the Dogs won't match the offer.
4 years at > $500K a year is VERY GENEROUS.
We will be offloading players to make that happen. Not many retirements

Daniel McL

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2014
ACT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
Sounds like he’ll be at the Cats next year.

Want him played as a small pressure forward and think he could be very good for us.

Don’t want him played in the midfield as we’ve already got a good midfield setup, plus any extra midfield time we have available I want guys like Parfitt / Fogarty / Constable / Cockatoo getting it.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
4 years at > $500K a year is VERY GENEROUS.
We will be offloading players to make that happen. Not many retirements

I doubt that.. with the escalation of the SC. Why do you think its generous. Im not sure if he is the player id want or say we need.. that their call but at 26 ..he will be just turning 30 at the end of the contract.. by that stage if he is playing as we hope.. he will be getting paid unders.. Id think a player of his age and games experience it would be about an average wage.

I doubt that.. with the escalation of the SC. Why do you think its generous. Im not sure if he is the player id want or say we need.. that their call but at 26 ..he will be just turning 30 at the end of the contract.. by that stage if he is playing as we hope.. he will be getting paid unders.. Id think a player of his age and games experience it would be about an average wage.
He has not dominated at all this year, from my limited observations.

JumpyHolden

Club Legend
Apr 17, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
If foxfooty are correct with 500k per year then I find it strange that something like that gets out. Admittedly it could of been the Dahlhaus camp which is still wrong but if it was someone at the club then sack the pr!ck.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
If foxfooty are correct with 500k per year then I find it strange that something like that gets out. Admittedly it could of been the Dahlhaus camp which is still wrong but if it was someone at the club then sack the pr!ck.
Agents systematically leak inflated figures all the time, in an attempt to bump up the overall transfer market.
The players' old clubs are complicit, it gives them a let-out when disgruntled barrackers ask why they let him go.

Back