List Mgmt. Dan Hannebery - 5 year deal & Pick 28 to St.Kilda for Pick 39 & 2019 2nd Round Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but he used to be some thing once. Better to have another Armo out there than Rankine. He's all flash with his goal kicking and getting the ball and s**t.
You cant be serious , he cant get near it anymore

It's a bit of a Catch 22 this Hanners situation...

I mean, if he was playing like 2015 Hannebery we'd be losing our s**t at the prospect of getting him, but we'd have to pay with our 1st pick.
As is, no one wants him but he will probably only cost a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

One thing I will say is I really doubt we'd get him in if we didn't think his body was up to it.

It's a bit of a Catch 22 this Hanners situation...

I mean, if he was playing like 2015 Hannebery we'd be losing our s**t at the prospect of getting him, but we'd have to pay with our 1st pick.
As is, no one wants him but he will probably only cost a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

One thing I will say is I really doubt we'd get him in if we didn't think his body was up to it.
I Look at it the other way, I dont think Sydney would let him go if his body was up to it

They might think they can get his body right. It happens. Injured player comes good. Clearly they have salary cap problems. He may well have a strike or two against his name as well. Rumours......

Lots of supposition, but he might be contracted in such a way that he could be terminated (or have his contract reduced) if there is more trouble. And incentivised the other way. To get a top player maybe we are taking a calculated risk. Lethlean is no fool. He can see what we can see. And probably negotiations still being played out. Maybe the Swans have to pay part of his salary. Maybe the parents want him back in the same town. I know he is late twenties but if he is closer to family the reasons for the rumours might go away.

Everybody is being very negative on this forum. I know why, but we need to snap out of it.

They might think they can get his body right. It happens. Injured player comes good. Clearly they have salary cap problems. He may well have a strike or two against his name as well. Rumours......

Lots of supposition, but he might be contracted in such a way that he could be terminated (or have his contract reduced) if there is more trouble. And incentivised the other way. To get a top player maybe we are taking a calculated risk. Lethlean is no fool. He can see what we can see. And probably negotiations still being played out. Maybe the Swans have to pay part of his salary. Maybe the parents want him back in the same town. I know he is late twenties but if he is closer to family the reasons for the rumours might go away.

Everybody is being very negative on this forum. I know why, but we need to snap out of it.

Well when we stop making dumb decisions like taking dan hannebery who is past it and it Has been mentioned numerous times to liking to party, then the negativity might stop

More I think about it, its a NO from me.
Unless he comes across for nothing, like a 4th rounder to them and we get one higher back or something.
Do not want us killing ourselves with giving away draft picks for someone who will be 28 by start of 2019 season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a second round pick it’s a no brainer, he’s not that old.
I say go for it!

That's the thing, it depends on what 'price' we would have to pay to get him.

No. 3 pick - No

Otherwise - lets discuss it

Sounds like Jordan Roughead could be pulled from Hawthorn quite easily. Feel like he could fill the Hannebery role (leadership) without being tied to a 5 year deal.
Yeah got the feeling watching him last night that
he thinks he has 2 more years in him and that won't be at
the Hawks!

Still not dismissing the small possibility of Clarkson going too...Yet to resign..Could Kennett be so stupid?
You bet he can...It's Jeff after all and something tells me Clarkson would be open to finishing up his coaching journey
where he started! With the ultimate challenge!
and the ultimate froffage of a Clarko...Ratten..Roughy combo almost makes my
oblong fire up!

Sounds like Jordan Roughead could be pulled from Hawthorn quite easily. Feel like he could fill the Hannebery role (leadership) without being tied to a 5 year deal.

We don't need old guys that are past their best.

Sounds like it’s basically locked in. Been too much smoke for there to not be any fire.

Clearly has been playing injured. I’m not expecting 2016 type numbers but even if he can get close to last years stats that’d still be pretty damn handy for easily the worst midfield in the AFL. We need senior players so if there’s anyone that actually wants to come here I think we should take it. Pick 4 must be untouchable of course.

Be much easier pulling Jordan Roughead out of the Bulldogs. but is no better a ruck than what we have.

As for Jarryd we already have more young key forwards than what we can play. Do not need someone on his last legs.

I Look at it the other way, I dont think Sydney would let him go if his body was up to it
Exactly why hasn't Sydney come out and quashed the rumour about Hanners being their man as we would if someone came along and tried to pinch Jack Steven. The reason is they don't want him how much clearer can it be even Paul Roos is coming around to that theory. Wake up and smell the roses Saints.

When he is on

I think our medical team do their due diligence here and make sure he is cherry ripe for pre-season. He will improve our midfield & offer some relief for guys like Stuv and Seb who shouldered most of the load this year.

Club need to spend money so why not. If he can rack up 20-25 touches a game and play around 20 next year I think we've got a good return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back