No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
They may be as delusional as us AS A CLUB, but I'm referring to their ******* supporters.
Without even knowing who this Muppet followed, I got into a mini twitter argument. Some prominent reporter put on twitter we are front line to get McGovern. Some clown said who would want to come to the blues? I simply responded that we aren't all that far away from being prominent again and a guy his age who can see where we are going will be a great addition. He then said that we are crap and haven't been good since 2000 and that we only made finals because the druggies got kicked out of the finals!
I then knew I was dealing with a bombers* supporter, but decided not to go the "your team took drugs" route. I just explained that yes, we are currently no good. Injuries certainly didn't help our cause, but on the weekend gws and dees were vying for a home final. 5 years ago gws finished last with 1 win and 50%. Dees finished on 2 wins and slightly better %. I also explained that we did make finals under ratten legitimately and we're a kick away from a prelim final.
Surprisingly he confessed we were OK for a few years but are crap now, and if I think we will be good with our list (which I certainly do) then I'm delusional!!! I wished him the best and moved on. Can't reason with a deluded bombers* supporter.
Your first mistake was expecting respectful discourse on twitter. I had to put my account on private and block multiple supporters who sent me literal rape and death threats after a comment I made a particular player once.

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
They may be as delusional as us AS A CLUB, but I'm referring to their ******* supporters.
Without even knowing who this Muppet followed, I got into a mini twitter argument. Some prominent reporter put on twitter we are front line to get McGovern. Some clown said who would want to come to the blues? I simply responded that we aren't all that far away from being prominent again and a guy his age who can see where we are going will be a great addition. He then said that we are crap and haven't been good since 2000 and that we only made finals because the druggies got kicked out of the finals!
I then knew I was dealing with a bombers* supporter, but decided not to go the "your team took drugs" route. I just explained that yes, we are currently no good. Injuries certainly didn't help our cause, but on the weekend gws and dees were vying for a home final. 5 years ago gws finished last with 1 win and 50%. Dees finished on 2 wins and slightly better %. I also explained that we did make finals under ratten legitimately and we're a kick away from a prelim final.
Surprisingly he confessed we were OK for a few years but are crap now, and if I think we will be good with our list (which I certainly do) then I'm delusional!!! I wished him the best and moved on. Can't reason with a deluded bombers* supporter.
You should of thrown in "but you lot cheated the system by injecting performance enhancing drugs to get bigger and stronger than everyone else and because of it you lot are now convicted drug cheats and Wil be for evere and a day "

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Your first mistake was expecting respectful discourse on twitter. I had to put my account on private and block multiple supporters who sent me literal rape and death threats after a comment I made a particular player once.
That's deplorable behaviour Mebby that type of crap should be a criminal offence .

You should of thrown in "but you lot cheated the system by injecting performance enhancing drugs to get bigger and stronger than everyone else and because of it you lot are now convicted drug cheats and Wil be for evere and a day "

And over the salary cap in 93.

That's deplorable behaviour Mebby that type of crap should be a criminal offence .

Why? Social media is poison. But its Australia's version of the "right to free speech". If you don't like it, block. If you really, really don't like it … don't participate.

Edit:

- Be selective what groups/convos you join.
- Be selective what you "put out there".

You have to be a special kind of person to threaten a stranger like that.

Pathetic

Yep it was gross. I just had to lay low for a few days til it blew over and deleted and blocked it all instead of engaging and fanning the flames.
Makes you smarter than the average bear

agro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
What sticks in my craw the most is the public’s general perception of Carlton as Cheats (we are going back to 2002 mind you) and that it’s always fun to make Carlton paper bag jokes.

Yet no-one is allowed to make mention of Essendon being convicted Performance Enhancing Drug Cheats, and you’re certainly not allowed to make jokes about it.

Try it in either the AFL Members or MCC Members and see what happens.

;)

Of course make all the Brown Paper Bag jokes you like.

:rolleyes:

* Essendon, culture the same as carrion.

They breached the salary cap as many times as we did. Carlton tried to blow the whistle on them … had video footage … was shot down by the AFL CEO.

jpfalvo

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
What sticks in my craw the most is the public’s general perception of Carlton as Cheats (we are going back to 2002 mind you) and that it’s always fun to make Carlton paper bag jokes.

Yet no-one is allowed to make mention of Essendon being convicted Performance Enhancing Drug Cheats, and you’re certainly not allowed to make jokes about it.

Try it in either the AFL Members or MCC Members and see what happens.

;)

Of course make all the Brown Paper Bag jokes you like.

:rolleyes:
That is so true in the MCC. Whilst its fact, it's apparently anti social behaviour.

People seem to forget they were actually found guilty and suspended. Not much grey in that.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

jpfalvo

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Pretty sure it was a recording from memory.
Yep true. Reported early on in the saga that carlton recorded their interview with Nima Alvi to work out what essendon was on.

Tape disappeared after it was handed to AFL

MightyMighties

All Australian
Dec 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
B8E08EA8-8619-41DD-B081-D35895A1D24A.jpeg

Still love this one. Round 14 last year when * flog went early with the celebrations against Swans only to get done by a point.

Best bit about this is I know the * flog. Had a big go at me after I questioned Hird during the drug saga. Arrogant, pompous prick copped his whack after this.

Yep true. Reported early on in the saga that carlton recorded their interview with Nima Alvi to work out what essendon was on.

Tape disappeared after it was handed to AFL

Would be a shame if a copy surfaced somewhere down the track

MacReady

Senior List
Jul 20, 2007
Princes Park
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New York Giants. Knicks.
Bombers* supporters only comeback to being called druggies is there’s no positive tests so they couldn’t possibly have done it, and the afl is just corrupt! They still believe Hird is innocent in all this and have comfortably shifted ALL blame to dank, the weapon and bomber Thompson.

Feb 8, 2012
Publican Baghdad Ritz
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
View attachment 551548

Still love this one. Round 14 last year when * flog went early with the celebrations against Swans only to get done by a point.

Best bit about this is I know the * flog. Had a big go at me after I questioned Hird during the drug saga. Arrogant, pompous prick copped his whack after this.
bloody fantastic MM :thumbsu:

Funk

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
View attachment 551548

Was at a Carlton v * game at the G a few years ago.

3 flog * supporters 2 rows in front of me slagging Carlton players non stop for the first half.

Then the loudest one slagged Murphy for being a crap Captain and "you wouldn't see Jobe do that" - I loudly replied that it "must be difficult for Jobe with 6 syringes hanging out of his body".

Fair to say they didn't see the humour - but were much quieter in the second half!!

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Why? Social media is poison. But its Australia's version of the "right to free speech". If you don't like it, block. If you really, really don't like it … don't participate.

Edit:

- Be selective what groups/convos you join.
- Be selective what you "put out there".

Have had similar. Just screenshot it and send the screen shot to one of their family members on facebook.

Was at a Carlton v * game at the G a few years ago.

3 flog * supporters 2 rows in front of me slagging Carlton players non stop for the first half.

Then the loudest one slagged Murphy for being a crap Captain and "you wouldn't see Jobe do that" - I loudly replied that it "must be difficult for Jobe with 6 syringes hanging out of his body".

Fair to say they didn't see the humour - but were much quieter in the second half!!
fair heckle.....:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back