No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Stewart over Stratton is crazy. I can't believe he missed the squad.
It's hard to make the team if you are not in the forty man squad, I had Dylan Grimes in and Mark Blicavs, Josh Caddy, Ben Brown,
Jackson Macrae, Elliot Yeo and Devon Smith. The rest were right, they don't like picking defenders who can actually defend.

It’s not just Macrae missing, but De Goey? Brown? Stratton?

I was surprised Edwards was in the forty, let alone the 22. Felt like they had to crowbar a fourth Richmond player in there - god knows why.

McCrae would have to lead the league in disposals per game surely. If he didn’t miss those couple of games he would have led disposals by a mile.

Really don’t get it.
Second to Mitchell. He and Mitchell would've also been the only players to have more 40+ disposal games than <30 I would've thought. Unbelievably stiff.

I didn't mind the team. I picked 19 of the 22, didn't have Stewart, Sidebottom or Edwards. Had Grimes, Yeo and Hawkins instead. Stewart had a really good year but thought Grimes and Stratton clearly had stronger seasons. Macrae was great this year but I couldn't find him a spot over the other mids. Would've had him ahead of Sidebottom and Edwards though.

My team was

B: Shannon Hurn (c), Alex Rance, Dylan Grimes
HB: Rory Laird, Jeremy McGovern, Lachie Whitfield

R: Max Gawn, Tom Mitchell, Patrick Dangerfield
C: Dustin Martin, Pat Cripps, Andrew Gaff

HF: Robbie Gray, Jack Riewoldt, Jack Gunston
F: Tom Hawkins, Lance Franklin, Luke Breust

I: Brodie Grundy, Shaun Higgins, Elliot Yeo, Clayton Oliver

All these rumors an innuendo that keeps popping up time to time about issues at our club bring out the biggest flog head f wit supporters we have. Believe it or not their are some types who actively send messages to the players themselves asking for news. Like seriously piss the F off, its none of your business, leave the players alone. Burn your membership and sign up for a membership to a gossip magazine or something. Pretty pathetic in my opinion

The goat fcukers who picked that AA squad are only slightly less deluded than the bunch of goat fcuking Richmond campaigners on the MB AA thread who think they actually know something about football. A lot of yellow and black fcukwits embarrassing themselves on there, including several longtime posters and mods. Will be all out barracking for injuries in their first final, short term, long term, career ending - come on karma, it’s the right thing to do...

I didn't mind the team. I picked 19 of the 22, didn't have Stewart, Sidebottom or Edwards. Had Grimes, Yeo and Hawkins instead. Stewart had a really good year but thought Grimes and Stratton clearly had stronger seasons. Macrae was great this year but I couldn't find him a spot over the other mids. Would've had him ahead of Sidebottom and Edwards though.

My team was

B: Shannon Hurn (c), Alex Rance, Dylan Grimes
HB: Rory Laird, Jeremy McGovern, Lachie Whitfield

R: Max Gawn, Tom Mitchell, Patrick Dangerfield
C: Dustin Martin, Pat Cripps, Andrew Gaff

HF: Robbie Gray, Jack Riewoldt, Jack Gunston
F: Tom Hawkins, Lance Franklin, Luke Breust

I: Brodie Grundy, Shaun Higgins, Elliot Yeo, Clayton Oliver

Main board thread has posters justifying Macrae’s omission because he “doesn’t run both ways”. Proof they watch games with blinkers.

Main board thread has posters justifying Macrae’s omission because he “doesn’t run both ways”. Proof they watch games with blinkers.

That’s unbelievable. Think the two things that hurt Macrae the most were that he didn’t play 22 games and he played for a team that didn’t win a lot of games. He would’ve been in my 25 and he had a very good shout to be in the 22. Definitely had a better season than Sidebottom and Edwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s unbelievable. Think the two things that hurt Macrae the most were that he didn’t play 22 games and he played for a team that didn’t win a lot of games. He would’ve been in my 25 and he had a very good shout to be in the 22. Definitely had a better season than Sidebottom and Edwards

Not according to Richmond supporters, Edwards is apparently leading their bnf, therefore the best player in the land, because they’re the best team. The logic is laughable...

Macrae doesn't do the hard stuff apparently, yet averages more tackles and contested ball a game. Tiger fans have really drank their own bathwater since they won the flag. Get overly defensive about everything and spit on everyone else. Least I know what the real Tiger fans are like. Took some success for them to come out of their own shell

ddffdgshasfdsd.png

Not according to Richmond supporters, Edwards is apparently leading their bnf, therefore the best player in the land, because they’re the best team. The logic is laughable...

Are they also saying “You have to see him live, watching him on tv doesn’t do him justice”? God I’m sick of hearing that. Do we still have that opposition supporters say the darndest things thread?

Macrae doesn't do the hard stuff apparently, yet averages more tackles and contested ball a game. Tiger fans have really drank their own bathwater since they won the flag. Get overly defensive about everything and spit on everyone else. Least I know what the real Tiger fans are like. Took some success for them to come out of their own shell

View attachment 551549

It’s not even a contest. But Bartlett’s on the selection panel, right? I’m surprised Conca and Castagna didn’t make the team. He’s a few decades past his use-by date.

Played the same amount of games as Gaff and also didn't try to cave anyone's head in.

I thought it was a pretty good team and I can cop Edwards. He's as under-rated as Macrae. The one I couldn't cop was Higgins. Sure he went well enough for most of the year but when their season and a place in the finals was on the line against us in Round 21 he disappeared in Q3 while Macrae (40 pos @ 82%) and Bont put on a clinic.

I thought it was a pretty good team and I can cop Edwards. He's as under-rated as Macrae. The one I couldn't cop was Higgins. Sure he went well enough for most of the year but when their season and a place in the finals was on the line against us in Round 21 he disappeared in Q3 while Macrae (40 pos @ 82%) and Bont put on a clinic.

_M_16_’s stats list above would suggest he’s over-rated. Stats may not mean everything, but Macrae’s season, even with less games, defecates all over Edwards.

_M_16_’s stats list above would suggest he’s over-rated. Stats may not mean everything, but Macrae’s season, even with less games, defecates all over Edwards.
I'm certainly not going to argue that Edwards is better than Macrae or had a better season. Just that they are similarly under-rated. Both Edwards and Macrae stand up and make an impact when it matters and they can do so in a number of different, often subtle ways.

I don't get the hate for Edwards, guy is a deadset gun. Comparisons to Jacko are a bit unfair also...totally different style of players. Was deserving of AA imo.

This is what shits me... Dylan Grimes has two good seasons and deserved his spot this year, but a similar player like Dale Morris who has performed as well or better as a defender for 10+ years only has only been All Australian once. Typical big club selection or small club non-selection in our case.

f'em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back