Certified Legendary Thread Keep North South - Eugene pays us a visit

Remove this Banner Ad

gokangas , Limerick and David were part of WANM. Yes, David did post on here (IIRC, it was Davo01). Lidge was part of the Roosistance crew and one of the main pillars along with TOD.
Hey guys and gals, I also was in the core WANM group. Still am. We are still here to watch out for our great club’s survival, if needed. Thankfully, there seems less and less reason for us to be concerned

Like the many on BF who also fought the winning battle back then, it remains one of the proudest times of my life, and I remember feeling like I was honouring my dad and grandfather’s love of North, and doing what was right.

One day, in the next life (I hope), I feel like I can look them in the eyes as a fellow Shinboner.

Finally got the chance to sit down and watch the doco.

Far out. That was something special. I bloody love this club so much.

Resilience is such an incredible trait and we have it in spades. Like a Phoenix we’ve rised from the ashes.

Huge credit to Heath for putting that story together so eloquently, it was spine tingling and really got the emotions going. Also made me realise how much of a arrogant dick AD is, unbelieveable that Mike Fitzpatrick is even worse.

To every single person who played a role in keeping north south (wether it be big or small) I give you my sincere Thank You. This club has given me so many highlights throughout my life and many of them wouldn’t have occurred if it wasn’t for those who kept us in Melbourne.

Anyone else still have their Keep North South, and Roosistence T-shirts?

I remember buying mine at the PoW gig, and thinking the Kangaroo depiction was the best I had seen, with all the determination and fight it portrayed. Much needed at the time!!

Roosistence were absolutely unreal, and I take enormous pride in still regularly wearing those T-shirts they blessed us with. Words just aren’t enough. Respect!

Also, like so many of us I wanted to give an enormous shout out to Euge. I worked with him in the mid-1980’s when he was working as a lawyer, and I distinctly remember regularly seeing his Collingwood scarf on a ledge in his office. I remain stunned, but eternally grateful that he subsequently joined, fell in love with our club and still honours us by seeing himself as one of our immense family.

He brought passion, incredibly hard work, respect, vision, commitment, caring, and humility with him when he walked through our door. A Godsend!

To you Euge, thank you my friend, you were magnificent. You made history, and you were a critical part in keeping ours going.

Last edited:
Anyone else still have their Keep North South, and Roosistence T-shirts?

I remember buying mine at the PoW gig, and thinking the Kangaroo depiction was the best I had seen, with all the determination and fight it portrayed. Much needed at the time!!

Roosistence were absolutely unreal, and I take enormous pride in still regularly wearing those T-shirts they blessed us with. Words just aren’t enough. Respect!

Also, like so many of us I wanted to give an enormous shout out to Euge. I worked with him in the mid-1980’s when he was working as a lawyer, and I distinctly remember regularly seeing his Collingwood scarf on a ledge in his office. I remain stunned, but eternally grateful that he subsequently joined, fell in love with our club and still honours us by seeing himself as one of our immense family.

He brought passion, incredibly hard work, respect, vision, commitment, caring, and humility with him when he walked through our door. A Godsend!

To you Euge, thank you my friend, you were magnificent. You made history, and you were a critical part in keeping ours going.
Yes. Posters, hat, KNS posters, shirts, all stored away.

20180830_213132.jpg

Hey guys and gals, I also was in the core WANM group. Still am. We are still here to watch out for our great club’s survival, if needed. Thankfully, there seems less and less reason for us to be concerned.

Like the watchers on the wall...

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

dont forget Bob Ansett - lost a fortune over it and never complained
What a great person for our club Bob Ansett's been.

I'll never forget the story of him knocking back $1 million from Dr Edelsten for the Krakouer brothers. While he knew what this money would have done for the club he also knew what these guys meant to the supporters was worth far more.

Yes. Posters, hat, KNS posters, shirts, all stored away.

View attachment 552036

All of us who have them should wear one of them to the first home game next season, as a gentle reminder to HQ that we may not be at war right now but we are ready to mobilise in an instant if and when required.

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All of us who have them should wear one of them to the first home game next season, as a gentle reminder to HQ that we may not be at war right now but we are ready to mobilise in an instant if and when required.

images
Great idea TT. fingers crossed we play GC in ruund 1 ;)

So lets make this transparent;

LEGENDS
Bobby Ansett, Pete DeRauch, Ronny J, JB, MB, Euge, Fulvio, Arch, Timmy R, Lidge, Sonja, WANM, TOD, Limerick, Pharro, Arden Roosistence gig crew and volunteers, all the Dallas Hall champions, JYD and the 2007 team, Mazda, Pistol Pete Scanlon, Purple, NMFC members, Arden Street, non guaranteed stadium revenue in QLD, Finey

FLOGS
AFL HQ, Dimwitriou, Fitzprick, USC, Duffman, Gilligon and his Island (aka Dreamworld)

I’ll make adjustments as required because there’s so mamy people that need to be recognised as legends.
Help me out.

Last edited:

LEGENDS
Bobby Ansett, Pete DeRauch, Ronny J, JB, MB, Euge, Fulvio, Arch, Timmy R, Lidge, Sonja, TOD, Roosistence gig crew and volunteers, all the Dallas Hall champions, JYD and the 2007 team, Mazda, Pistol Pete Scanlon, Purple, NMFC members, Aden Street, non guaranteed stadium revenue in QLD

FLOGS
AFL HQ, Dimwitriou, Fitzprick, USC, Duffman, Gilligon and his Island (aka Dreamworld)

How’s my aim?.. I’ll make adjustments as required.
Time will tell if you get the person I'm thinking off. :stern look

LEGENDS
Bobby Ansett, Pete DeRauch, Ronny J, JB, MB, Euge, Fulvio, Arch, Timmy R, Lidge, Sonja, TOD, Roosistence gig crew and volunteers, all the Dallas Hall champions, JYD and the 2007 team, Mazda, Pistol Pete Scanlon, Purple, NMFC members, Aden Street, non guaranteed stadium revenue in QLD

FLOGS

How could you miss that witch and AFL mouthpiece!

Great watch.

Amazing work by some truly amazing people. Massive props to all who helped keep this club that we all hold so close to our hearts at its spiritual home.

* all those who tried to move us. Out of own self interest, ego or just flat out *******tery, your reasons were baseless and met with the appropriate and proportional response from a group of people you greatly underestimated.

Last edited:
Hey TOD - you are as important a link in this whole saga as any. We all know that. Your work was sensational. So many people doing so many things - but you shone. All who know love you mate. Without Roosistence and WANM I'm not sure we would have our club. So many stories still to be told. Carn norf!

Thanks, gk. That is very, very kind of you to say.

And ball is rolling now. Seems to be a bit of interest there, so fingers crossed that will lead to more stories being told.

I've always had difficulties whenever it comes to expressing my gratitude to everyone who was involved because words do not exist that could do justice to express what I feel, forgive me as I bumble through what is likely going to be a TL;DR post.

You would think that it would get easier with time but I find it even harder when you think about where the club is at now and all the people that gave everything for the club that are no longer with us. Lidge, and other stalwarts of the club away from BF who didn't get the opportunity to see the fruits of their labour and weren't given the opportunity to go in peace knowing the club they loved would be okay.

I never saw the Roosistance gig as something material, whatever was raised was always going to be a drop in the ocean for what a club needs to generate to survive let alone thrive, however, in a sea of darkness it was a beacon. I found it completely overwhelming to be there. It was an act of defiance, even the players being there was an act of defiance. Everything you guys did gave a public face, it wasn't just the relocation of a football club for increased marketing revenue, higher broadcasting ratings or market share in the expansion of the game. It became about mums and dads and kids and grandparents having something they loved and those who would attempt to force it from them for the sake of some corporate lingo.

The battle turned when it became a story of loyal fans trying to save their club, when people could see the faces and see the emotion and the hurt that the ordeal was causing them. The gig, all the work everyone did taking the fight to talk back radio, the Dallas Brooks Hall gathering, etc. It was these faces and these voices that empowered JB and the others to fight for the club.

As an introvert I don't really speak to other supporters at the games, at the club, at training and I don't usually attend social gatherings. I had told Lidge if he ever needed anything just let me know but one of my regrets was taking it for granted that he would be around and we would eventually get the time where I could appropriately thank him and fumble the words of gratitude.

I should have expressed my gratitude to you for everything you did a lot earlier. Thank you for everything.

Holy crap. Bumbling? Yeah nah.

All I see is a rather brilliant and exceptionally well-worded post.

Appreciated, Tas. Nice one, man.

LEGENDS

FLOGS

Looking for a hole in the ground to swallow me up but still, flattered, Sherm.

Although I'm thinking WANM (bam, I am, a man) may not be quite so chuffed by your LEGENDS list. :stern look

I'd be spruiking for pharro and Arden, too. (Latter doesn't seem to get much credit but by my recollection he was integral to Roosistence planning. The proverbial 'fifth Beatle'.)

Speaking of which, IMO all the bands who played at Roosistence should be given automatic legend status. And you should buy their albums. (Except Bouncer who I'm fairly certain don't have any albums. Much to the disappointment of Crazy Q.)

Gone into 'Full Metal Like' mode in this thread.

You guys could pretty much post any old s**t at this point, and I'd give it a like.

(Although I may have to draw the line at any pics from Nate's private collection.)

LEGENDS

FLOGS

LEGENDS

WANM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back