Universal Love From The CEO's Desk (Cain Liddle)

Remove this Banner Ad

This line interested me about the meeting with the Commission regarding assistance:

"It was agreed that the AFL would come back to us with more questions over the upcoming weeks
and we will update our members about these conversations once some firm decisions have been made by the AFL."

I take this to mean that the AFL want to help us get readymade players into the club, and them saying "come back to us with info over the coming weeks about who you can get and what you actually need to get them and we will help you out."

This line interested me about the meeting with the Commission regarding assistance:

"It was agreed that the AFL would come back to us with more questions over the upcoming weeks
and we will update our members about these conversations once some firm decisions have been made by the AFL."

I take this to mean that the AFL want to help us get readymade players into the club, and them saying "come back to us with info over the coming weeks about who you can get and what you actually need to get them and we will help you out."

Time you fixed up that sig of yours. :p

1 Flag 27 Spoons - It Aint No Fluke

Adelaide went out and nabbed North's old guy, who's been busy helping out in the NBA and for Derby County in the UK.

https://kanga-tech.com/

I was under the impression that Steve Saunders was the best in the biz, and he probably is. Or at least one of them. I thought he was still at North.

But i was surprised to see that he was at Adelaide this year and obviously had an impact on this years disastrous program. Maybe there was competing voices at the Crows this year that needs to be straightened out. But yeah, i was surprised to hear that Saunders was there this year.

Edit: ah i just checked and he was part time this year but from next year he is fulltime. Yeah sounds like they are straightening it out.

The link to the uni with a course being offered is brilliant. That's how you build community relations. Could be a good money earner for the club, keep them in the loop with the latest sports science info from the uni, and also identify excellent candidates for future work. Very smart move.

The link to the uni with a course being offered is brilliant. That's how you build community relations. Could be a good money earner for the club, keep them in the loop with the latest sports science info from the uni, and also identify excellent candidates for future work. Very smart move.
Not sure we really got the cream of the crop there.

Also, what community? The main campus is in Bundoora! Are we trying to grow our presence in the Northern corridor?

Not sure we really got the cream of the crop there.

Also, what community? The main campus is in Bundoora! Are we trying to grow our presence in the Northern corridor?
With the amount of growth in the Doreen, Mernda, Wollert, Donnybrook, Beveridge areas over the last 5 years & in the immediate future, there is still so much of the Northern corridor to be tapped into.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah I thought that it was the uni just down the road. Don't know Melbourne well these days.
They've got some space in the city these days, but the main campus in the metro area is in Bundoora, and has always been.

Speak West Aussie ffs..
Hold on while I remember how people explained suburbs on a map to people in 1998...

We're getting to see a bit more of why we brought Cain in with the restructuring of the membership department. Hopefully this translates to increased membership numbers over the next few years along with a rise in football performance

Memberships will come with strong on field performances and trust in the clubs vision.

Winning games makes people weekends more enjoyable and want to be a part of it.

Regarding the status of La Trobe's sports science program, I think its well regarded. UofM doesn't offer anything like it. The competition in Melbourne is Deakin and Rmit.

I think the whole free upgrade is a good initiative. It'll stop us hemorrhaging members due to poor performances this year, and hopefully washes out some of the bad taste of a poor year.

I dont really see the end game with the education thing, if it's just to get employees in through the door in support roles. I take it we get some of the money from the Commonwealth as a training provider creating an income stream here, plus providing a bigger community presence in a growth area, in which case it makes a bit more sense.

The Uni pay us to have their students, Win. The Uni get to advertise positions at an AFL club, Win.

Its a great partnership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back