• Frauds all

Votes: 33 70.2%
  • Some of them are legit

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • I'm a psychic, this stuff is real

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The official line from the police is that they do not seek the advice of psychics. But they do.

On Australia's Deb Malone.

One skeptic swayed by Malone's insights is former Lake Illawarra detective Jeff Little. In 2005 he was investigating the murder of South Coast woman Maria Scott when he saw Malone on the TV program Sensing Murder, in which psychics offer clues to unsolved murders. He contacted her, hoping she might corroborate elements of the investigation.

Her information was so ''spot on'' that he included it in his brief to the coroner and recommended her to the Missing Persons Unit.

Little, now retired, says police do use psychics, ''even though they officially say they don't''.

''I just told [my superiors] I was going to do it and it wasn't going to cost them any money,'' he says.

''It's like any investigative tool; even if you get information from the public, you still have to support it with legal evidence.''

Little was surprised by Malone's accuracy. ''We gave her no information whatsoever, only that we were investigating the murder of a girl. She kept coming up with all these hits.'
'

So how to explain the discovery of Kristi McDougall's body by Cheryl Carroll-Lagerwey, who dreamed she would find Kiesha Abrahams at a certain spot in the park? Cheryl did not find Keisha but went straight to the remains of murder victim Kristie, two people have since been charged.

A Queensland research psychologist, Kathryn Gow, has analysed psychic readings for 20 years and is convinced a small number of psychics have a genuine ability. She suggests that as an Aboriginal elder, Carroll-Lagerwey was ''in contact with the basic elements of life and therefore can probably sense what has happened in an environment''.

The Australian Institute of Criminology advises the families of missing people to avoid psychics, saying: ''Desperation can force people to consider options they would never entertain in more stable times.''

It's something Don Spiers knows all too well. Since his daughter, Sarah, disappeared in 1996 - a suspected victim of Perth's Claremont serial killer - he has been ''hounded'' by up to 400 psychics and clairvoyants offering cryptic clues to her whereabouts.

''They had my emotions on a roller-coaster,'' Spiers told The West Australian in 2008. ''You'd be full of hope … and there'd be nothing. Why would they want to make it worse for me?''

High-profile missing persons cases tend to attract a flood of information from self-proclaimed psychics. In the case of Madeleine McCann, the three-year-old British girl who disappeared on a family holiday to Portugal in 2007, investigators have reportedly followed up 150 leads from mystics worldwide.

But Faye Leveson, whose son Matthew is missing, found that visiting spirit medium Debbie Malone assisted her family as they sought answers and struggled with their grief.

''No way in the world has she caused us any pain or sorrow - it's the exact opposite,'' Leveson says. ''She's made no promises that she will bring him home. No money's ever changed hands. She just offered to help.''

Up to 300 psychics contacted Don Spiers with obscure visions but he continued to take their calls reasoning one day, one of them may have the answer. Or one of them might be his daughters abductor offering cryptic clues to where she really was.

jackn

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
aus
AFL Club
Carlton
Even I skipped that bit ... but I do think some people are very intuitive.
Some may be... She wasn't. One minute Lynn is under the house, next minute she is probably in the bush. Loon was spoon feeding her most of what she said. I haven't finished it yet. I figured if he's giving that much airplay to that crap he must be out of real info.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Actually quite common. Also Intelligence agencies (CIA) have not only consulted but dabbled themselves in things like mind control.

Not as if they can testify as hearing something 2nd hand is heresay anyway, can't imagine how you would class a spirit testifying or cross examine them.

Obviously the Police have to gather evidence and people believe all sorts of things but fact is the consultation of psychics, mediums, spirtualits etc while not widespread is done.

Obviously the Police have to gather evidence and people believe all sorts of things but fact is the consultation of psychics, mediums, spirtualits etc while not widespread is done

I use cards sometimes not as a portent of past, present or future but to look at possibilities I might not have thought of before. It's an exercise.

Long Live HFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
when someone can produce results in well-designed, controlled experiments then maybe that single individual might warrant further consideration. the fact law enforcement have dabbled is neither surprising nor relevant. people in all kinds of job descriptions subscribe to nonsense.

the james randi foundation had a $1M payment for any paranormalist who could demonstrate magic in a controlled environment. half a century of nada before the offer was cancelled and that money was put to better use.

when someone can produce results in well-designed, controlled experiments then maybe that single individual might warrant further consideration. the fact law enforcement have dabbled is neither surprising nor relevant. people in all kinds of job descriptions subscribe to nonsense.

the james randi foundation had a $1M payment for any paranormalist who could demonstrate magic in a controlled environment. half a century of nada before the offer was cancelled and that money was put to better use.

That might not be too far off, at least with a form of telepathy or mind to mind communication. Quantum entanglement, what Einstein called 'spooky action at distance'.

Long Live HFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That might not be too far off, at least with a form of telepathy or mind to mind communication. Quantum entanglement, what Einstein called 'spooky action at distance'.

i am certainly open to the possibility of QM principles involving some kind of transmission of information across time and space. i am far less enthused that this process involves "hmmmm, is there anyone in the audience for whom the letter P has a strong meaning?" :rolleyes: the QM hypothesis poses far more questions than it answers imo, such as identification of the relevant part(s) of the brain that picks up information from particles that move through us every second.

psychics are bullshit, and the lack of verifiable results re their abilities is all we need to have in order to conclude as much. if they're vague to the point where they can't produce such results, then they're not particularly impressive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy Freo

LOL 42 years LOL
Aug 26, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Psychic Scott Russell Hill wrote in 2006:

“Firstly I felt that a gang of four to five people was preying on young women not only in Claremont but elsewhere in Perth too. I felt that while a man led the gang, one of its members was a woman.

Because of some dysfunctional love, this woman would do anything that was asked of her so that she'd gain her partners affection or approval.

All these people were capable of being violent on their own, or in a premeditated attack.

The energy of these people goes back to the late 1980's or early 1990's.

They've know each other for a while and would now be in their thirties or forties. a couple of the gang members will not have proper alibis.

One of the gang will be a taxi driver, and he and the other people are, or we're most likely based in and around Freemantle. One of them lived not too far from where a body was found in that area.

These people have laid low while police investigations continued, and since then they've been preying on lesser known people such as drug addicts and prostututes....

Secondly there is an energy (separate to the gang) of at least three other men who preyed on women in the Claremont area, working individually without knowledge of the identity of each other. There is a strong sense that all these persons have come under police notice or scrutiny, and continue to be.”

Referenced in an early BF thread on a high profile Perth serial killing investigation.

Psychic Scott Russell Hill wrote in 2006:

“Firstly I felt that a gang of four to five people was preying on young women not only in Claremont but elsewhere in Perth too. I felt that while a man led the gang, one of its members was a woman.

Because of some dysfunctional love, this woman would do anything that was asked of her so that she'd gain her partners affection or approval.

All these people were capable of being violent on their own, or in a premeditated attack.

The energy of these people goes back to the late 1980's or early 1990's.

They've know each other for a while and would now be in their thirties or forties. a couple of the gang members will not have proper alibis.

One of the gang will be a taxi driver, and he and the other people are, or we're most likely based in and around Freemantle. One of them lived not too far from where a body was found in that area.

These people have laid low while police investigations continued, and since then they've been preying on lesser known people such as drug addicts and prostututes....

Secondly there is an energy (separate to the gang) of at least three other men who preyed on women in the Claremont area, working individually without knowledge of the identity of each other. There is a strong sense that all these persons have come under police notice or scrutiny, and continue to be.”

Referenced in an early BF thread on a high profile Perth serial killing investigation.

Reads similar to Droc's story.

I wonder how accurate that article is though, I'll have to check up some of the cases later on.

More information on the Dutch clairvoyant

https://thenewdaily.com.au/entertainment/tv/2018/01/26/beaumont-children-clairvoyant/

Remote viewing is an interesting one.

I remember a really high profile one where an older lady was arrested and actually charged when she told the police where a body was. I cant find that particular one now on a search but there are similar accounts through MSM.

She ended up suing them.

More information on the Dutch clairvoyant

That was awful. He had them in drains and then under a concrete floor. It's one thing for someone to have a vibe or whatever it is and act on it quietly themselves but completely another I think for it to be used to launch massive operations digging for remains.

Back