Official Match Thread Season 26, Round 7: Gold City Royals vs Coney Island Warriors @ The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Royals vs Warriors.png
The Royals and Warriors are two of the “quieter” clubs in the SFA and by that, I mean, not a bunch of attention seekers or drawn into arguments like other clubs. While some might consider that bland, personally, I believe that it shows a quiet dignity that both clubs have. Both clubs also have strong leadership with Cloud_ leading the Royals while Wooshette and Frankston Rover have performed a great double act in rebuilding the Warriors over the last season or two.

Both teams go into this game with opposite form. The Royals came back from 32 points down midway through the second quarter to take the Gumbies to the brink, reducing the margin to 6 points twice before running out of time while the Warriors made it 6 wins in a row after coming from 39 points down early in the second quarter to record a memorable 48 point win over the reigning premier Roys, setting the seal on the win with 9 goals to 3 in the last quarter.

Head To Head:

Royals: 5
Warriors: 8
Draws: 0

Last 5 Matches Between The Two Teams:

Royals: 2
Warriors: 3

Last Time They Met:

Season 25 – Round 13

The Royals overcame a slow start which saw them trailing at quarter-time and leading narrowly at half-time to defeat the Warriors by 44 points with a 10 goal to 3 second half, including a 5 goal to 1 last quarter. It was a very comprehensive win by the Warriors however this result ultimately didn’t help either team as they both proceeded to miss the finals.

Gold City Royals 20.5.125
Coney Island Warriors 12.9.81

Goals:

Royals: Blacky (5), burningdwarf (4), CakeEater (2), Bob Cobb (2), GreyCrow (2), Footypie32 (1), Ulahoopski (1), NTRabbit (1), Bet on Blue (1), Cloud_ (1)

Warriors: Nakia (2), BigJoeD_ (2), Itsmyshow (1), BLERN (1), comewhatmay (1), Moo (1), David Schwarz (1), Morganashlee (1), Wooshette (1), Frankston Rover (1)

Mobbs Medal Votes:

3 – thatsapaddlin (GCR)
2 – Cloud_ (GCR)
1 – Wooshette (CIW)​

Burning Questions:

1. Can anyone stop the Coney Island Warriors juggernaut?
So far 6 teams have tried and failed to stop what is fast becoming a juggernaut. They have the best attack in the league (709 points) and the most miserly defence in the league (432 points) also with a whopping great percentage of 162.99%. The Roys were the first team last week to truly penetrate their miserly defence last week and given they’re two games clear at the top of the league, someone will need to stop them in a hurry before the league becomes a procession.

2. Who will win the battle of the full-forwards between Blacky and BigJoeD_?
Both these full-forwards have been on fire this season kicking 30 goals from the opening 6 games and this is the battle that is truly worth the price of admission this week. Both have been in amazing touch and while BigJoeD_ is playing in a truly successful Warriors team, some would argue that Blacky is carrying the Royals and given that in the last 2 weeks alone, Blacky has kicked 47.1% of the Royals’ goals, I think that BigJoeD_ should take the chocolates here given he has a better supporting cast at the moment. This, however, does lead to the third question

3. Is it a case of No Blacky, no Royals?
This is a tough question at this moment in time to truly answer and needs to be looked at in context. Blacky has kicked 36.6% of the Royals goals this season so it could be suggested that he is carrying the Royals and has kept them in games for the most part. While that might be the case, the past two weeks have seen Blacky kick 9 (against the Bears) and 7 (against the Gumbies) but the Royals lost on both occasions. It’s a situation that is alarmingly reminiscent of Fremantle when Pavlich was leading the forward line and the team would aim for him a lot more than anyone else. The inescapable truth is that the Royals need more help for Blacky otherwise his disillusionment could lead to a shocking mid-season trade and if that were to occur, you would bet that the Royals will have a forward line as dysfunctional as Carlton.

Qrownbet Odds:

Gold City Royals $2.15
Coney Island Warriors $1.68​

Captains please remember to have your teams submitted by 11:59pm Thursday night (Melbourne time)

WIsh.gif

Hi there Warriors and Royals.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you all to feel a part of my 100th game for the Bombers against our arch rivals, the Hawks this week.
Yes, I know what you are thinking, " wow, how could someone have such a profound effect on the League in such a short time".

And trust me, I get that totally, so please feel free to pop into the Hawks and Bombers thread and tell us how I, KohPhi influenced the poster you are today.
Share your favorite memories of our interactions (please link if you've played less than 40 games as it is a fair chance I've never heard of you). Open up and tell me how I've made you laugh and made you cry, how my humour has lifted you to places of pure joy, and my cutting jibes sent you hiding to the dark, unchartered corners of the GWS Club board to rest and recover.

I look forward to you all popping in, paying your respects and saying 'Hi'.

Koh..

giphy-60.gif

Cloud_ can we shorten this week too and play the games early again?
A bit harsh mate. In the past three seasons the Warriors have skyrocketed up the rankings in terms of quality post content. I'd say they are second only the Royals now.

Here's the thing though, they haven't changed at all during this time. :oops:

The inescapable truth is that the Royals need more help for Blacky otherwise his disillusionment could lead to a shocking mid-season trade

I'm a newsbreaker, what can I say?

My health insurance level is that good that it even protects me against man flu.

Im the real warrior here.
We have our own Injury Factory now and we haven’t lost a game since we bought him in, you’re gonna be targeted my friend...and eating home cooking on my couch won’t help you this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Can anyone stop the Coney Island Warriors juggernaut?
So far 6 teams have tried and failed to stop what is fast becoming a juggernaut. They have the best attack in the league (709 points) and the most miserly defence in the league (432 points) also with a whopping great percentage of 162.99%. The Roys were the first team last week to truly penetrate their miserly defence last week and given they’re two games clear at the top of the league, someone will need to stop them in a hurry before the league becomes a procession.
Stop! Bandwagon time.

giphy.gif

1. SunshineTiger
2. Thatsapaddlin
3. The Old Dark Navy's
1. Smartys Power
007. GreyCrow
8. Easty
9. Aramis
10. Butler
11. MWPP
12. Ulahoopski
14 Helfarch
16. Igloo
17. boondy
18. Bipolarbear
21. RodneyDangerfield
22. Cloud_
26. burningdwarf
27. Bob Cobb
31. Blacky
32. Footypie32
36. ShanDog
50. NTRabbit
51. CakeEater
74. 3121 premiers
97. Dennis Confetti
316. Dirty Bird

Hello you blue-blooded legends, this week we're playing the Coney Island Warriors. I don't know too much about these campaigners but I have heard that they've been running around without any clothes on for six weeks since this season has started. Such undignified typical Coney Island behaviour will absolutely not be tolerated on premises as exalted as The Golden Throne. Let's do ourselves, the league and rest of humanity a favour and ensure the Warriors put some clothes back on this Sunday as uber-flogs like Frankston Rover and BigJoeD_ running around naked for another week is something the world doesn't need nor want to see.​

Hi there Warriors and Royals.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you all to feel a part of my 100th game for the Bombers against our arch rivals, the Hawks this week.
Yes, I know what you are thinking, " wow, how could someone have such a profound effect on the League in such a short time".

And trust me, I get that totally, so please feel free to pop into the Hawks and Bombers thread and tell us how I, KohPhi influenced the poster you are today.
Share your favorite memories of our interactions (please link if you've played less than 40 games as it is a fair chance I've never heard of you). Open up and tell me how I've made you laugh and made you cry, how my humour has lifted you to places of pure joy, and my cutting jibes sent you hiding to the dark, unchartered corners of the GWS Club board to rest and recover.

I look forward to you all popping in, paying your respects and saying 'Hi'.

Koh..

View attachment 553681
tumblr_mq6luctKP21qbo81go1_250.gif

1. SunshineTiger
2. Thatsapaddlin
3. The Old Dark Navy's
1. Smartys Power
007. GreyCrow
8. Easty
9. Aramis
10. Butler
11. MWPP
12. Ulahoopski
14 Helfarch
16. Igloo
17. boondy
18. Bipolarbear
21. RodneyDangerfield
22. Cloud_
26. burningdwarf
27. Bob Cobb
31. Blacky
32. Footypie32
36. ShanDog
50. NTRabbit
51. CakeEater
74. 3121 premiers
97. Dennis Confetti
316. Dirty Bird

Hello you blue-blooded legends, this week we're playing the Coney Island Warriors. I don't know too much about these campaigners but I have heard that they've been running around without any clothes on for six weeks since this season has started. Such undignified typical Coney Island behaviour will absolutely not be tolerated on premises as exalted as The Golden Throne. Let's do ourselves, the league and rest of humanity a favour and ensure the Warriors put some clothes back on this Sunday as uber-flogs like Frankston Rover and BigJoeD_ running around naked for another week is something the world doesn't need nor want to see.​
OI

get your own gif.

Gold City Royals vs Coney Island Warriors at The Golden Throne

The Royals are back home and after a close loss the the Gumbies they need the comfort of home. The Butlers and maids and au pairs. ooh la la the au pairs. Ahem again Blacky dominated in front of the goals and kicked 7 to take his tally in the last 2 losses to 16 and comfortably leads the Fred. Just an out and out champion and the rest of the team need to lift. Ulahoopski and boondy (who took over from me in the ruck) both had great games .

The Warriors continue the #streak by destroying the Roys FFC by 48 points and continue to smash the scoring records getting over 150 points again. Just a dominant team at the moment and supported by many players. The unbelieveable comeback sends shivers through the rest of the teams. So many names to mention but start with BigJoeD_ and his 7 majors. Frankston Rover , Percel ( 4 goals) and candiehappy TheInjuryFactory and Freofalcon all getting their share of the spoils.

The reality is this could get ugly. Really ugly. I mean Grah kind of ugly. But as always I am sure that Wooshette and the team shall bounce back next week

Royals x 3 points #thestreakends

Remove this Banner Ad

Back