Your 2018 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also refuse to accept that Luke Ryan stayed in the optimal team all year, that campaigner killed my season.
He was great for 2/3rds of the season .....then shat it, along with his team in the end

I will not trust FREO again towards the seasons end

Did the article say, how many trades would have been required, due to injuries ?

There were quite a few that were traded out just before their injuries ..Ryan, McLean, Macrae, Parfitt, Seedsman, CEY, Darling, Andrews, Fyfe, Sicily, Hogan. Probably a couple more. So pretty much half the trades used were injury related.

Yep, you're right. Missed that, whoops.

That hurts considering I traded him IN in round 18...

Even worse feeling trading in a premo only for them to get injured as soon as you trade them in. Happened to both of us with Witho. go you pups with Harris Andrews and Wayne's-World with Macrae (at his peak price)..a few people traded in Treloar the week he did his hammy's as well, IIRC. I got really lucky a couple of times trading out Walters & Christensen just before they both got injured and their price plummeted to offset Witho.

There were quite a few that were traded out just before their injuries ..Ryan, McLean, Macrae, Parfitt, Seedsman, CEY, Darling, Andrews, Fyfe, Sicily, Hogan. Probably a couple more. So pretty much half the trades used were injury related.
As with most Coaches ....the injuries determined my outcome

Even worse feeling trading in a premo only for them to get injured as soon as you trade them in. Happened to both of us with Witho. go you pups with Harris Andrews and Wayne's-World with Macrae (at his peak price)..a few people traded in Treloar the week he did his hammy's as well, IIRC. I got really lucky a couple of times trading out Walters & Christensen just before they both got injured and their price plummeted to offset Witho.
Those wasted trades are "Watershed" moments ......I sold the Farm for Macrae, for 30 minutes of gametime .....should probably have held him on the bench, but your conscious of not falling behind too far in Rankings

I had already held on the bench, Greene & Walters for 4 weeks of injury ......and didn't want yet another with MaCrae :'( .....so sometimes a poor decision earlier in the game, impacts your decision process later on

The other mistake was sideways trading Luke Ryan :poo: to Lloyd .....which i thought was a great trade, but then the very next week, Sicily goes down .....i still could have got Lloyd (for Sicily) but who knew that fateful series of events

You know what was funny

Ran out of trades in round 18 I think once Sicily broke down, made at least 9 injury trades throughout the year (way more than normal, normally about 5-7), didn't get another ******* injury rest of the year after that...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost 17 players to short/long term injury and copped suspensions at awkward times as well. Worst season ever after finishing 900th last year. Thanks for posting the article HS article.

Someone beat this cursed list. I even put De Goey in during one week and 30 minutes later he was in the paper injured at training. Had planned to put Harris Andrews in as a POD but then Jeremy Cameron must have got wind of the idea.

Ryan (Injury)

Venables (Injury)

Sicily (Injury/ Suspension)

Hibberd (Injury)

Greene (Injury)

Franklin (Injury)

Macrae (Injury)

Fyfe (Injury)

Coffield (Injury)

English (Injury)

Murray (Injury)

Naughton (Injury)

Austin (Injury)

Naitanui (Injury)

Doedee (Injury)

Shaw (Injury on eve of finals)

Kelly (Injury on eve of finals)

Walters (Suspension / Injury on eve of finals)

Last edited:
Lost 17 players to short/long term injury and copped suspensions at awkward times as well. Worst season ever after finishing 900th last year. Thanks for posting the article HS article.

Someone beat this cursed list. I even put De Goey in during one week and 30 minutes later he was in the paper injured at training. Had planned to put Harris Andrews in as a POD but then Jeremy Cameron must have got wind of the idea.

Ryan (Injury)

Venables (Injury)

Sicily (Injury/ Suspension)

Hibberd (Injury)

Greene (Injury)

Franklin (Injury)

Macrae (Injury)

Fyfe (Injury)

Coffield (Injury)

English (Injury)

Murray (Injury)

Naughton (Injury)

Austin (Injury)

Naitanui (Injury)

Doedee (Injury)

Shaw (Injury on eve of finals)

Kelly (Injury on eve of finals)

Walters (Suspension / Injury on eve of finals)

17 here as well. Somehow managed to stay top100 almost right to the end. Slumped a bit over the final few weeks with Shaw, Hogan, Witherden, Rocky missing games and not having enough trades left to cover all of them. 558 finish not too bad all things considering. Also I traded out Walters & Christensen just before they got injured so probably shouldn't count them even though I would have had to trade them out a week later due to said injuries.

Kreuzer
Ryan
Venebles
Naughton
English
Sicily
Dusty
Murray
Doedee
Redman
Fyfe
Rocky